Author Topic: CLONARD SOLEMN NOVENA 2011  (Read 12125 times)

Sally Ann

Re: CLONARD SOLEMN NOVENA 2011
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2011, 01:46:04 AM »
yes belle. he's very down to earth. i'll pass your message on, next time i see him. i'll also tell him you think he is handsome. :-* :-*

LOL Arkie!  Yes He is all that and more! As are ALL of the Clerics in Clonard Monastery. They have been the 'backbone' of not only Clonard District, but for many of us, Belfast and beyond!

One can understand the total affinity people have with Clonard, and not only Catholics. A lovely Lady, now departed, RIP, who lived on the Ballygomartin Road, was a member of the Shankil Road Missions.  I got to know of her through my best friend who attended the same Church.  Anyway, for years I used to save 5p's in a wee phial thing that their Mission had, and the money went towards their Missionary work.

When the 5p's became smaller, of course they never fitted the custom made phial, so our family just fired all thier 5ps' into a make shift container - i.e., a sweetie jar.  When it was filled to the brim, that was when I first got to meet the Lady, when I brought it to her home. 

I was astounded when she started naming all the Priest in Clonard, and I then was made aware of a fact I'd not know before.  Not only did she join in the Cross Community Services, held between her own Church and Clonard, She also attended the BIG Novena every year and had the greatest of love, and devotion for the same.

Thank God that we do have such fantastic, genuine men in the Priesthood, to look up to. Especially, when one considers all the negative issues surrounding the Church in this day and age. Coupled with the fact which I have just stated, thankfully I can overlook the remarks made about the RC Church, by those on here who feel it is their conquest to constantly lambaste the Catholic Church!

BTW, I'm not in denial with regards to what some have done, but, they are not ALL guilty Men!

I only got drunk, I never got stupid!

desi

« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2011, 07:17:35 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y_u1QrZLrk

Here Sally Ann ,do you think this guy ever went to the Novena  :D
JUSTICE FOR THE BALLYMURPHY 11.

belle

« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2011, 04:05:36 PM »

For Belle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEzapotpsnY
thanks Shazza, that was lovely God bless him all the days of his life. you can just tell he's full of Gods Holy Spirt.  :-*
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one's watching,
Sing like no one can hear you.

belle

« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2011, 04:09:38 PM »

Thank God that we do have such fantastic, genuine men in the Priesthood, to look up to. Especially, when one considers all the negative issues surrounding the Church in this day and age. Coupled with the fact which I have just stated, thankfully I can overlook the remarks made about the RC Church, by those on here who feel it is their conquest to constantly lambaste the Catholic Church!

BTW, I'm not in denial with regards to what some have done, but, they are not ALL guilty Men!
Sally, how i echo your post on this matter. I know really lovely priests who are beside themselves with all thats going on. Thanks be to God for the good ones.  :-* :-*
i was so enchanted by this one in particular. not that they all weren't lovely but i noted how the young ones were drawn to him. God bless them all.
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one's watching,
Sing like no one can hear you.

Sally Ann

« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2011, 03:00:18 AM »
Sally, how i echo your post on this matter. I know really lovely priests who are beside themselves with all that's going on. Thanks be to God for the good ones.  :-* :-*
i was so enchanted by this one in particular. not that they all weren't lovely but i noted how the young ones were drawn to him. God bless them all.

See Belle, some of us are capably of stating that there are very good decent Clergy out there.  Sadly, some are ready to condemn ALL, or worst still, feel they have to do just that so that they are still accepted by the 'Crowd'!

Thankfully the 'Crowds' attitude, is of no concern to me.  Especially when some of the Crowd on here, know no better!  As me Ma RIP, would have said, "Sure, they are more to be pitied than scolded, they know nothing much about anything when it comes down to it!" ;)
I only got drunk, I never got stupid!

desi

« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2011, 12:46:22 PM »

See Belle, some of us are capably of stating that there are very good decent Clergy out there.  Sadly, some are ready to condemn ALL, or worst still, feel they have to do just that so that they are still accepted by the 'Crowd'!

Thankfully the 'Crowds' attitude, is of no concern to me.  Especially when some of the Crowd on here, know no better!  As me Ma RIP, would have said, "Sure, they are more to be pitied than scolded, they know nothing much about anything when it comes down to it!" ;)
Here Sally Ann ,i think this fella here just hates the lot of them  :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y_u1QrZLrk
JUSTICE FOR THE BALLYMURPHY 11.

arkie

« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2011, 11:20:56 PM »
he goes to the 6 15 pm every thursday