Author Topic: CLONARD SOLEMN NOVENA 2011  (Read 12413 times)

belle

Re: CLONARD SOLEMN NOVENA 2011
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2011, 06:38:59 PM »
A wee prayer would be appreciated tomorrow as we send my mother in law off to her final resting place here in WA :smile:

belle, i'll be praying for all of you tomorrow.  :air_kiss:

God grant her eternal rest.
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one's watching,
Sing like no one can hear you.

justluvbeingme

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2011, 08:04:26 PM »
A wee prayer would be appreciated tomorrow as we send my mother in law off to her final resting place here in WA :smile:
will say a wee prayer for use tomorrow at the novena belle, sorry about your mother-in-law,
god bless,

geraldine williamson

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »
i watched it last night at 8.00 on the web so i'll be watching it tonight again. i tried to think of all who have asked for prayers. God Bless.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, i place all my trust in you.

Mary Queen of heaven, Queen of the angels, pray for us.

Hi there Belle/Lillikins, Food for thought.....I remember all these prayers when I lived in Belfast, they are powerful and whatever I ask for and I pray, it helps either one way or the other.  Thanks for this.  Love Geraldine in Coventry xxx

Lillikins

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2011, 09:19:09 PM »
Hello Geraldine, it's good to be able to remember all the wee prayers we learned as children.  I don't think that the schools these days even teach them to the children anymore - so it is important for parents and g/parents to hand them on to the wee ones - otherwise the prayers  will die off.  ;) 

belle

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »
i was very moved by the sermon given at 8.00pm mass tonight. the priest mentioned what i have always said about myself, i'm practicing to be a good catholic.

i thought of all the people who have asked for prayers.

God bless :air_kiss:

Lillikins

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2011, 10:49:49 PM »
Don't you think sometimes when the sermon is being read - that it could be mentioned just for YOURSELF. It could be aimed at whatever  is happening in your own life at a particular time. I myself have found this to be true and also saw it happen in other peoples lives. It certainly makes you wonder....
belle I would love to be a good catholic but I still have a long way to go... ::)

I just sent a request in via the internet to the Clonard website for ALL OUR BELFAST FORUM MEMBERS AND FRIENDS REQUESTS, NOT JUST IN BELFAST BUT AROUND THE WORLD. Anyone else who feels like doing so (you don't have to be a Catholic to do this) can just go onto the site and leave their Request or Thanksgiving too.
www.clonard.com

Darcy5799

« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2011, 06:46:39 AM »
I'm gutted I have lost the webcam link to the Novena I cant even hear the service :( :( anyone else having this problem???

Lillikins   I have been doing the 7am your time Novena and its been so lovely to see so many at the early morning service ....I have lost my link via the webcam in the church but  I will still light the candle to our Novena Mother as the Novena is being said there

God Bless

geraldine williamson

« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2011, 07:57:06 AM »
Hello Geraldine, it's good to be able to remember all the wee prayers we learned as children.  I don't think that the schools these days even teach them to the children anymore - so it is important for parents and g/parents to hand them on to the wee ones - otherwise the prayers  will die off.  ;)
  Hi there Lillikins/Belle, Thank you for reply.  Much appreciated.  Last month my friend's young son 20 year old hanged himself in his bedroom RIP, young Joseph Ryan.  What a terrible tragedy...They have to come to terms with this I know, but the Novena will help too enormously. My brother John Williamson died Monday this week from throat cancer in Myton Hospital in Warwick, funeral will be next week, please remember John as well, RIP.  We must carry on praying, it is all we have got left in this world, prayer has always been miracelous for me, since I was small I always had the faith.   Blessed Martin de Porres is a lovely wee saint, I have prayed endlessly to him for intentions though the intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ.  I pass all these on to neighbours etc etc.  Again thankx for keeping me informed.

What is the www. for the Novena in Clonard?  I would love to tune in too.   Love and God Bless, Geraldine in Coventry.

belle

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2011, 08:11:39 AM »
Don't you think sometimes when the sermon is being read - that it could be mentioned just for YOURSELF. It could be aimed at whatever  is happening in your own life at a particular time. I myself have found this to be true and also saw it happen in other peoples lives. It certainly makes you wonder....
belle I would love to be a good catholic but I still have a long way to go... ::)
www.clonard.com
Lillkins, that is so true. sometimes when i'm reading he gospel i think to myself that was written just for me. He's talking to me.
as for being a good Catholic. ..all we can do is keep on trying to be the best we can be in this life.  :air_kiss:

belle

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2011, 08:17:53 AM »
  Hi there Lillikins/Belle, Thank you for reply.  Much appreciated.  Last month my friend's young son 20 year old hanged himself in his bedroom RIP, young Joseph Ryan.  What a terrible tragedy...They have to come to terms with this I know, but the Novena will help too enormously. My brother John Williamson died Monday this week from throat cancer in Myton Hospital in Warwick, funeral will be next week, please remember John as well, RIP.  We must carry on praying, it is all we have got left in this world, prayer has always been miracelous for me, since I was small I always had the faith.   Blessed Martin de Porres is a lovely wee saint, I have prayed endlessly to him for intentions though the intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ.  I pass all these on to neighbours etc etc.  Again thankx for keeping me informed.

What is the www. for the Novena in Clonard?  I would love to tune in too.   Love and God Bless, Geraldine in Coventry.
Geraldene, the web address is
www.clonard.com.

i'm so sorry about your brother. God rest his soul, and i pray He will send his angels to comfort you and lift you up. when is his funeral? i'll light a candle on Sunday for John and Joseph.

Joseph, son, i pray you have found rest and peace,  God be with his Mum and Dad and family. Rest in Peace  :air_kiss:

geraldine williamson

« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2011, 08:23:11 AM »
Geraldene, the web address is
www.clonard.com.

i'm so sorry about your brother. God rest his soul, and i pray He will send his angels to comfort you and lift you up. when is his funeral? i'll light a candle on Sunday for John and Joseph.

Joseph, son, i pray you have found rest and peace,  God be with his Mum and Dad and family. Rest in Peace

Thanks Belle, Thank God for me finding the BF, you are such a good friend.  Will find out when John's funeral is and let you know.  Again, a 1,000 thankx to you.  God Bless G. in Coventry :air_kiss:

Lillikins

« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2011, 11:49:07 AM »
Geraldine, I am so very sorry to hear about the sad loss of your brother John - may God comfort you all at this sad time. And also the parents and family of young Joseph Ryan. Such a tragedy - his family and friends must be devastated. There are a huge number of prayers being offered up during the novena for peoples intentions and especially for familes who are grieving the loss of loved ones. You are all in my prayers too Geraldine and candles will be lit during the Novena for John and Joseph.

Lillikins

« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2011, 11:53:46 AM »
Darcy - hope your link to the Webcam showing Novena is fixed. If not then just continue lighting your wee candle and still join in the prayer to Our Lady as you have been doing. At least you are still participating with the other members attending the Novena - even though you might be across the world. Our Lady will still hear your prayers - no matter what the distance. ;) :air_kiss:

Darcy5799

« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2011, 12:15:35 PM »
Darcy - hope your link to the Webcam showing Novena is fixed. If not then just continue lighting your wee candle and still join in the prayer to Our Lady as you have been doing. At least you are still participating with the other members attending the Novena - even though you might be across the world. Our Lady will still hear your prayers - no matter what the distance. ;) :air_kiss:

Lillikins
Would you believe it my young daughter came in from school and fixed the link problem on the computer just in time for us to join in at the 7am service.... we have been saying the Novena together so it was lovely  

I personally believe the Blessed Mother had a hand in getting the link to work  ...so happy days again  :air_kiss:

justluvbeingme

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2011, 02:47:44 PM »
getting ready now to go to the 3.30 session, hope i'm not outside as it is lashing down here. i live only a few minutes away from clonard so its not too bad. i will remember you all in the novena prayers. Geraldine i'm sorry to hear about your brother, that is very sad. will pray for you and your family. i have a big pile of intentions written out.
jus