Author Topic: old lodge road  (Read 89707 times)

Nan

Re: old lodge road
« Reply #315 on: September 06, 2015, 04:24:37 PM »
kathyM- First of all - Welcome to Belfast Forum. If you look back on this thread you see some old photos - P.3  #36 & #38.  P.5 #61  P.12 #170
P. 14 #203 & #208.               I used to work on Old Lodge Rd - 1959/60 at Jim Beck's shop opposite the end of Lonsdale St (now gone) and one
of the guys/boys then/ was Scottie Campbell who lived on Fairview St.  You might have known him.-
.  As you say you worked forJim Beck he was a friend of my mothers and when I left school he gave me a job in one of his shops crumlin road store .he was such a nice man. You may know me. Are one of my family Harrisons  my father was a great pigeon man .Nan Harrison
Lived in Twickhenham Street until I was 20. Just looking to see if there are any one who might know me. I went to Hemworth School . Nan

Nan

« Reply #316 on: September 08, 2015, 10:44:49 AM »
Trying to find old friends from Twickenham street NanHarrison
Lived in Twickhenham Street until I was 20. Just looking to see if there are any one who might know me. I went to Hemworth School . Nan

weemary

« Reply #317 on: November 10, 2015, 07:49:12 PM »
My Mum lived on the old Lodge Road my grandfather had a printing shop there they lived at 204

Nan

« Reply #318 on: November 11, 2015, 12:56:17 AM »
My Mum lived on the old Lodge Road my grandfather had a printing shop there they lived at 204
I remember it when I was young pass it a lot going up and down the Old lodge Rd whose were happy days

weemary

« Reply #319 on: November 11, 2015, 10:52:28 AM »
My Mum went to Hemsworth School there was a big family family of them 9 in all, I think she went to Getty junior school too, my youngest aunt's and uncle's would be ,in their late 6os now , my Mum is nearly 80 yrs

Nan

« Reply #320 on: November 11, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »
My Mum went to Hemsworth School there was a big family family of them 9 in all, I think she went to Getty junior school too, my youngest aunt's and uncle's would be ,in their late 6os now , my Mum is nearly 80 yrs
I went to the Getty when I was five but left for a year  went to henhouse 59/61 I remember your grandfather place . My family were five brothers and to sisters my younger brother is 58 Please canI have your name please my father was John and Nina Harrison .l would like to try and find some friends I. went to school with take care to we talk again Nan by the way I will be 70 next year

weemary

« Reply #321 on: November 11, 2015, 07:07:29 PM »
  Nan my Mum's maiden name was Duddy the 3 youngest of her family would be between 66- 69years old , if you remember any of them,hope you find some friends, I will speak to my Mum ,and see if she remembers your family

DMW

« Reply #322 on: November 13, 2015, 08:14:12 PM »
Nan -  I just came across your post back in Sept. I recall the name but can't put a face to it. When I first started working for Jim Beck it was on the Shankill Rd. before moving to other shops. Top of Legoniel Rd. Shore Rd. then on to the Old Lodge shop. My brother Howard Whyte was manager at the Templemore Ave shop.

Nan

« Reply #323 on: November 13, 2015, 08:49:20 PM »
DMW Iworked in Ligoneil shop in 1962 also adid a while in North Queen Street but mostlyLigonie Rd  I remember it so well the back wall used to move if you touched it as is was just a flack panal I enjoyed those days there was another girl in the shop with me but she had to move on as Jim would say I have been looking for friends who I went to school with Hemworth Square no luck I lived in TeickekenhamSt until I was 20 then I moved away Nan

DMW

« Reply #324 on: November 14, 2015, 05:29:04 PM »
Nan - looks like I was a couple of years ahead of you (about 1960) Jim used to move me around to fill in for people who were off sick until I found a "permanent" spot on - old lodge road -  I remember at the Legoniel shop there were two girls , very progressive of Mr. Beck back in the 50s/60s having females(only) run the store. I was there for just about a week.  I saw you were looking for friends from Hemsworth Square School and was going to let you know there is a Thread devoted to that, but I see you have already found it. - A man in Australia - "Peaser" - AKA - George Shaw  who went to Hemsworth  reconnected me to a couple of MY old friends who emigrated to Aussie, one of whom he went there with in 1964.

dodie ritchie

« Reply #325 on: December 12, 2015, 02:35:23 PM »
My family lived in Broadbent St from 1919 to 1963 when we moved because the streets were demolished. Passmores shop on the Old Lodge was famous for its strange mixture of products. Pigs feet, Elder, cadburys chocolate and candy apples ??? ???
my mums family the Mahon<s lived there TOMMY SAMMY KITTY JANE LILY HUGHIE

DMW

« Reply #326 on: February 09, 2016, 07:50:50 PM »

Dessie60

« Reply #327 on: March 21, 2016, 02:21:27 PM »
Hello there everyone, does anyone know about the Mahon's from the area, I think Broadbent st .

dodo

« Reply #328 on: March 22, 2016, 11:14:54 AM »
my family was the mahon s my mums married name was Strain

Dessie60

« Reply #329 on: March 22, 2016, 01:51:47 PM »
Hi Dodo, Can you tell me your name ? How old are you now ? Do you know any of the Hastings family? This was my mums married name she was Jane Hastings, married to Bobby. I am trying to find out about her parents who would be my grandparents.