Author Topic: old lodge road  (Read 90876 times)

Altoni

Re: old lodge road
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 06:54:21 PM »
manitoba i asked my mum did she know anyone from broadbent street could nt believe she knew ur aunt and cousin mum is 85 that is some memory

tboy

Re: Rope
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 07:21:29 PM »
HI TBOY,
Very clever those rope world blokes.  My granny it was Twice the half it length.

Never had the pleasure of visiting the rope works must have been some operation.
I used to teach the Cubs and Scouts how to make rope here in Manitoba, just using three strands of binder twine.

You sure get around on BF. I've seen you on all sorts of threads.

I found out that I can only attach 128kb file on the thread, the file for the Od Lodge road in 44 Mb

Have a good day.
  keep it up manitoba ;)  you are doing great.

manitoba

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 07:29:27 PM »
manitoba i asked my mum did she know anyone from broadbent street could nt believe she knew ur aunt and cousin mum is 85 that is some memory

It is a small world Altoni. I don't remember what house she lived it her name was Hannah Arnott and she was blind. My cousin now lives in Newtownabby and he is 82 this year so he probably knows you mum.

It's not so supprising having a good memory at 85 -we can recall what we did as kids but we can't remember what we had for breakfast.
Glad your mum is still healthy and now is the time to pick her brain for her memories and family history

Altoni

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 09:16:09 PM »
i went to hemsworth square belfore that i went to getty primary it was next door to the hen house(hemsworth square) miss muriel was p1 teacher daddy glass took p5 did anyone remember that school

allymac

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 10:25:14 PM »
I went to Blenheim in Ariel street before going to Hemsworth.My first job was in a bakery on the Old Lodge called Valeries up near Agnes street.
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.

jmac

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2011, 10:32:37 PM »
Ariel st is where the baby clinic used to be,people got free orange juice there, & that's where kids got sent if the nit nurse found nits in their heads.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum.

Ubique

sonofshanks

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 12:36:56 PM »
I wanted to build a fortress, a bastion of invincibility.

sonofshanks

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 02:06:15 PM »

sonofshanks

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »

stevieboy

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2011, 04:16:20 PM »
Dreaded going to Aerial Street Clinic to have my teeth filled or taken out. Cant remember why they sent me to Cupar Street Clinic in the 60s for any work on teeth. Both places were dreadful.

:( :(

jmac

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 04:41:04 PM »
Dreaded going to Aerial Street Clinic to have my teeth filled or taken out. Cant remember why they sent me to Cupar Street Clinic in the 60s for any work on teeth. Both places were dreadful.

I remember having gas to get a tooth out in Areil St clinic,when I came round after it I was unceremoniously dumped out the door onto the Street, I didn't know what day of the week it was & was staggering all over the place & felt sick as a pig :bad: :bad: :(
Illegitimi Non Carborundum.

Ubique

sammy1935

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2011, 08:05:29 AM »
Does anyone have a map of the old lodge road before 1960

scorpy

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2011, 11:11:50 AM »

It was Lincoln Avenue clinic i dreaded going to.  No anaesthetic when they filled your teeth  :unsure: . From what i remember it was like a production line. One big room with several dentists working at different patients at the one time. No wonder people have a fear of going still.

scorpy

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 11:20:58 AM »
does anyone remember the old lodge road it started at peters hill and finished at agnes street

I think the top end of it was still there in the late 70s. There was some old derelict buildings on the left hand side but there was a bakery in the middle of them.

Altoni

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2011, 08:29:56 PM »
the elephant and castle bar corner of florence place.jerry flynn bar at court st bothwell barbers.galloways grocers corner of bradford st does anyone remember any more shop