Author Topic: Lowry St., Seaforde St  (Read 1577 times)

Mary K. Rossi

Lowry St., Seaforde St
« on: May 30, 2011, 04:15:07 PM »
I'm looking for my school friends from Seaforde and Lowry St.

Ann Wright, Marie Burns, Betty Burns, Dorothy Mc Ginty, Marion O'Neil, Agnes O'Neil, Ann Mc Glade, Madeline Lundy.  Anyone out there?

Mary Kinsella

Dingaling

Re: Lowry St., Seaforde St
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 01:22:24 AM »
I went to St matthews in Lowry St. from about 1955 to 1959.
Some relatives lived in Seaford St. I remember Anne Lundy, Mary McKay, Sally McMahon,Geraldine Gargan,Philomena Doherty,Margaret Fitzpatrick, Anne Mc Art for a start .

Mary K. Rossi

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
Thanks.  I think Anne Lundy was the younger sister.  I don'te know the others.  I left Belfast in 1957 for the US.  Did you know my sisters?  Joan and Phyllis Kinsella.  They lived at 59 Seaforde.

Dingaling

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »
Joan Kinsella is a name I remember.Itīs all so long ago.
Some of the streets I remember don`t exist any more.There was Imelda Branigan from Middlepath Street. I think that became part of the Sydenham Bypass.
I hope you`re happy where you`re living now but it`s great to share memories of yesterday.

belfastbilly

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »
i took a walk down seaforde st in the sixties.boy it was rough.talk about hatchet men.

enasmyth

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 05:18:21 PM »
Marion o Neilll is now Mc Cann and Agnes is now Logue but I know you will find Marion still lives in the Strand. Good luck iam

Wolley

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 10:35:32 PM »
Hello, my family lived in 1 Lowry St, then moved to Andytown in the early sixties. My mother Annie Simms will be 92 September, still going strong!! Five brothers, Patrick, Gerard, Anthony, Jim, Paul and one sister Ann. My dad was born and raised at 1 Lowry St. My Grandmother Anne(NaN) lived there too. Hope the Simms family rings a few bells!! Deirdre ( baby of the family!!)