Author Topic: cregagh road  (Read 7960 times)

artybgoode

Re: cregagh road
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 01:55:23 AM »
So no pictures then like the op asked for ?  ???
has no-one any pictures? It would be amazing to see pictures from that area...very few seem to turn up.

Sammy Hawthorne

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 10:57:21 PM »

I don't think a children's nursery existed in them days. It was plants, vegetables etc.

Can't remember any horse and cart business selling them though.

Only Mr and Mrs Noble's Fruit and Veg shop opposite the Nursery!

carledgar

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 06:38:53 PM »
I lived in Arhenlee Parade in the 1950s.

Let me look in my old picture collection sometime

Hi Sammy,

I moved into 4 S Parade in 2000 and sold it in 2006. The people I bought it from moved over to Ardenlee (something) can't remember exactly because I'm some years back in Canada. When I was younger our doctor was Cyril Shaw (betty Shaw) who lived in Ardenlee.

I subsequently moved down to Crawfordsburn and came back to Canada fulltime in 2002 (having been over in Canada a couple of months every year)

Sammy Hawthorne

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 10:03:50 PM »
I haven't looked at my picture library yet.

Give a Man time, Eh!

lily12

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 06:50:09 PM »
I lived in Oberon Street 1959-end of 1974.  Would love to see any picture of the area in 50's/60s/70s.  Sadly don't have any myself

artybgoode

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 12:14:44 AM »
I haven't looked at my picture library yet.

Give a Man time, Eh!
  OOPS  I havent got a picture library.Like many other folk.

maureen b

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2018, 02:38:08 PM »
My family lived in Glendower Street, Reid Street, and later, Ardenlee Avenue.  I attended Harding Memorial, and later Methody, along with my older sister.

Daddy Winker's Lane was our shortcut to Ladas Drive, where some friends lived.

There was a big electrical construction on the right side as you went from the Cregagh end, which i found scary when i was young...i didn't like the humming noise...

I attended Cregagh Congregational Church, and was in the Girls Life Brigade there.   A great church, full of young people.  We still attend church there when we come over from Canada.

My brother-in-law James played for Malone, and some of their matches were on the Malone grounds in the Lane.

We played hockey and tennis at Pirrie Park, which used to be Shorts and Harland's sports grounds.

Maureen Brewster, nee Lowry

Yvonne Evans

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2018, 05:49:56 PM »
Hello everyone, Reopening this forum. I lived in 256 Cregagh Road. I attended St Finians Church, taught Sunday School, and a choir member until early 70's. If ant one can remember the RAF plane crash in Orby Road 6th October 1972. Well I work in C and C Office Supply Company where the plane crashed. Anyone any memories of this? Then there was John Gillespie the garage owner in Ladas Drive. Any memories??

jillyfred

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2018, 03:48:35 PM »
Hello everyone, Reopening this forum. I lived in 256 Cregagh Road. I attended St Finians Church, taught Sunday School, and a choir member until early 70's. If ant one can remember the RAF plane crash in Orby Road 6th October 1972. Well I work in C and C Office Supply Company where the plane crashed. Anyone any memories of this? Then there was John Gillespie the garage owner in Ladas Drive. Any memories??

7===
===
Yvonne did you know a chap called Brian Brennan who worked there in the late 1960`s?
jilly

Yvonne Evans

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2018, 04:10:00 PM »
Sorry Jilly do you mean the garage, or C and C Office Supply Co. ?

Yvonne Evans

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2018, 10:55:11 PM »
Is this link still open folks??

Yvonne Evans

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2018, 11:01:33 PM »
Jilly.  do you mean Brendan Doran from Cregagh Road?? I walked for C&C Office Supply Company in the 70's