Author Topic: cregagh road  (Read 12863 times)

jillyfred

Re: cregagh road
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2019, 10:30:08 PM »

Sorry Yvonne!I knew a few boys who worked for C & C as Reps-got my `C`s confused!

That was nice you visited -the firm have been going a long time.
Very well known Company.

jilly :)

jmurphyraaf

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2019, 11:54:43 PM »
I saw a message from Lily2 about Oberon Street. I too lived in Oberon Street and we left to go to Australia in 1960. Went to Harding and then to Orangefield when it was a new school. Always remembered it and Mr Maole.

Nick Keene

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2019, 02:37:17 AM »

John Gillespie still owns Ace garage and still can be found tinkering about, my son is a friend and employee of Johns son Matthew at his business in Bangor, Co Down.

That was Ace Garage in Ladas Drive.....owned by Jack King and John Gillespie...in the days when garages sold petrol and carried out car repairs..it's still there( apart from the pumps )and exactly as it was in the 60s/70s....but it seems to be mainly a car wash now.

jmurphyraaf

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2019, 03:20:06 AM »
I saw a message from Lily2 about Oberon Street. I too lived in Oberon Street and we left to go to Australia in 1960. Went to Harding and then to Orangefield when it was a new school. Always remembered it and Mr Malone.

tommo

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2019, 06:56:32 AM »
Hello everyone, Reopening this forum. I lived in 256 Cregagh Road. I attended St Finians Church, taught Sunday School, and a choir member until early 70's. If ant one can remember the RAF plane crash in Orby Road 6th October 1972. Well I work in C and C Office Supply Company where the plane crashed. Anyone any memories of this? Then there was John Gillespie the garage owner in Ladas Drive. Any memories??

Billy Fish

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2019, 08:40:28 PM »
John Gillespie still owns Ace garage and still can be found tinkering about, my son is a friend and employee of Johns son Matthew at his business in Bangor, Co Down.

Ah, the good old Ace garage. If they didn't have it, nobody did. Great memories.  :) Remember visiting it in the 1980's for a few odds and sods for a 1954 Morris Oxford I was restoring at the time, got everything apart from one item.  :)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.