Author Topic: Belfast Hardmen and their fights  (Read 53683 times)

Rosser

Re: Belfast Hardmen and their fights
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2011, 04:44:18 PM »
Silver in his later years

How's yer belly off for blackheads

tboy

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2011, 07:20:31 PM »
come on now guys  its the last thing i would do. not that kind of person but you know what .some of you guys like to joke around and then when some one else tries to be funny its ta boo so i will be a gentleman and take that back but ill tell you Ross ill be watching your comments ok
never apologise to a gobbo ;)

william bickerstaffe

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »
watch what you say zippy there are a lot of hard men on this site lol hard to get up in the mornings lol

Me Ould Segoia

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2011, 08:31:42 PM »

silver on the right with some other men from the market

What's he dong with his hand on that young fella's leg ?
It is always a great source of amusement to be quoted by a fool, even more so if quoted by a disalusioned "stickie"

allymac

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2011, 12:13:34 AM »
William and Tboy,did you ever meet Stormy?He was a tough character but he was a human being as well and probably would have been quite happy if people had left him alone.It's easy to make fun of those who can't respond so why do it?Isn't anonymity handy.
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.

william bickerstaffe

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2011, 12:59:16 AM »
your not goin start your whinning again to nite are you ? lol relax get a life watch a good moxie or get [censored] . This is all in good taste no bad ness here . Stormy would love it good  patter lol ok  ally its all in fun  what do you think tboy ? lol

edmor

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2011, 02:13:13 AM »
Interesting thread, pity it has to be spoiled by those who spew puerile remarks. These "Hardmen" were part and parcel of our local history, the stuff of legend, like them or loathe them they represented an era when it was not acceptable to hide behind a bomb when settling an affront. They were in your face and when a fight was over it was over. I see no need to insult them or their memory. If you need to hide behind a keyboard to poke fun then move on. Would you have been so brave when they were in their prime? I think not.  I have always found Rossers posts to be fair, balanced and informative. I have never seen him throwing insults at anyone(unlike me).  I don't know what a "gobber" is, I guess I've been away too long but I would suggest it would apply more to the poster than the target :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:
Pox vobiscum     Savagin'  done....chape.    Hillbillies caint spel     Proud to be a usual suspect     REM 1697

justluvbeingme

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2011, 03:50:23 PM »
The hard men were all a part of our history.  they fought with thier fists, dont think theres any  hard men about now, knives and guns etc,  or a mob onto one.
jus

belle

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2011, 05:54:50 PM »
The hard men were all a part of our history.  they fought with thier fists, dont think theres any  hard men about now, knives and guns etc,  or a mob onto one.
jus
:clapping: :clapping:  well said, just.
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one's watching,
Sing like no one can hear you.

chink

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2011, 06:59:39 PM »
god jus you took the words out of my mouth   and its getting worse they seem to be getting younger   and getting into gangs   sad  for the next generation coming p

tboy

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »
I used to have a drink in the Diamond Jubilee on a Friday after work, maybe for just an hour but the 'regulars' knew that I was a Catholic and one of them was a'real' hardman  Tassy Calderwood,  I even slagged him off    before departing out the side door :D

melv

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2011, 08:18:57 PM »
I know a guy who new the buck well, he tells me Alec done a lot of good things for his local community, if a loan shark was coming on to heavy to a client, or a landlord was trying to evict someone because . somebody else was willing to pay him a few pennies more rent, Alec would have a quiet word and get it sorted for them, also apparently he would fight in mutton dummies as not to do anyone lasting damage.
Not like the scumbags nowadays.  sam
C.O.Y.S.

allymac

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2011, 12:21:23 AM »
Don't know about the mutton dummies but he did do a lot of favours for people he knew....some members of my family lived in the Docks area and were glad of him helping them out a few times.
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.

arder lavery

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2011, 11:45:22 AM »
I used to have a drink in the Diamond Jubilee on a Friday after work, maybe for just an hour but the 'regulars' knew that I was a Catholic and one of them was a'real' hardman  Tassy Calderwood,  I even slagged him off    before departing out the side door :D
tea boy, com on now, the only thing you ever drank was holy water in in the sacret heart chapel, friends have told me that you have never been in a pub in your life.
but, if it makes you happy, keep making up stories
HAVE NO FEAR CAUSE ARDERS HERE

melv

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2011, 08:05:34 PM »
Don't know about the mutton dummies but he did do a lot of favours for people he knew....some members of my family lived in the Docks area and were glad of him helping them out a few times.
  darling?   :scratch_ones_head: tboy,   do you bat for the other side.    sam. with two balls :D
C.O.Y.S.