Author Topic: Belfast Hardmen and their fights  (Read 51554 times)

tboy

Re: Belfast Hardmen and their fights
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 08:23:50 PM »
Only today on Brixton Road a prison van collided with a ready -mix concrete lorry. Police are looking for ten 'hardmen' :smile:

arder lavery

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 09:33:52 PM »
only heard of some of them , but was pig minelly not an ruc man that rode a motor bike ?
you are dead right
HAVE NO FEAR CAUSE ARDERS HERE

arder lavery

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 09:43:12 PM »

SHEAMY doyle lived down springfield ave, Far as i know he still lives there. he lost an eye fighting a traveler. The story goes! He really looked tough and we kids crossed the road when he approached. The toughest fighter from hear has to be blair mayne ( colonel paddy ) Stormy went to newtownards to have a look at him and prove who was the toughest. one look and he was off.
i worked with seamy in mccue and dicks timber yard, and he was not a hard man at all, he was a lovely bloke, he just looked fearsome. i also noticed that you have't mentioned coco mccauly from ardoyne. watched him fim fight a couple of times, he had mucles like samson and was afraid of no one. and proved it many a time.
my mate cleeky's dad nailer was also a hard nut, because he and my dad knocked around together and were great friends. my dad told me about many of the fights he had. and never lost one of them.
HAVE NO FEAR CAUSE ARDERS HERE

doare.

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 09:53:23 PM »

SHEAMY doyle lived down springfield ave, Far as i know he still lives there. he lost an eye fighting a traveler. The story goes! He really looked tough and we kids crossed the road when he approached. The toughest fighter from hear has to be blair mayne ( colonel paddy ) Stormy went to newtownards to have a look at him and prove who was the toughest. one look and he was off.
i think doyle is dead now sean, i worked with him in mc cue and dicks he lived in milford st for a while, most hard men were heavy drinkers and got into all sorts of difficulties because of that ,.
"You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not? ....shaw..

johnnymac

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 01:52:12 AM »
I think that Stormy made the right decision not to take on Paddy Mayne, one of the most decorated soldiers of WW2. Anyone who thumps their commanding officer should be avoided.

RabRow

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 01:01:55 PM »
I mentioned before on another thread about an article I read by Joe Hendron in the Belfast Telegraph. It was a good while ago but what I can remember was that he said he lived in Albert Square (near the clock). They lived above a shop his father had (barbers i think). He said he remembered looking out the window and seeing Silver and Blair Mayne having a go. He said Silver didn't know what hit him. It was over before it started type of thing which is not suprising given that Blair Mayne was a trained fit,rugby player,boxer and soldier.

Its all right being a street fighter but up against a physical fit trained soldier I think the street fighter may always come out second best. Stormy was right to avoid that one. :smile:  But fair play to Silver for having a go.

Just thinking I have seen a photo of Stormy and Silver somewhere, facing up to each other. A posed one of course. Well I think it was :smile:

Brianj

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 02:42:42 PM »
I bet that was some sight Rab, shame there isn't any photos floating around of Blair and Silver going at it.. Would love to see that picture of Stormy and Silver as well, can you remember where you seen it?

Anyone else seen any of these battles or heard about them?

Rosser

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »
Stormy is still alive and is in a home on the Grosvenor Rd, sadly he is suffering from a bit of dementia although can sometimes be very tuned in :smile: Duckegg and dirty eyes McCabe were putting the screws on the bookies in Celtic Park and the bookies asked Stormy to come over,Apparently the place was bunged to the rafters in anticipation of what could be, but when Duckegg  & McCabe saw Stormy they turned and ran, Blair Mayne and Stormy were friends and Mayne would often have met up with him in the Bellybutton club in North st for a drink, they never fought.  Silver McKee came up to Milfords (Diamond Jubilee) to fight Stormy who slapped silver about and put him in a taxi and told the driver to take him to the Markets where Silver would pay the fare, Silver refused to pay so the driver went back to Milfords looking paid, Millford paid him as he did not want to annoy Stormy.  this all comes from my da-inlaw who is 100% with it and a mine of info.

Rosser
How's yer belly off for blackheads

syriana

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 04:17:56 PM »
Stormy Weatherall worked in Isaac Andrews Flour Mill in Percy Street during the late 1950's. 
The Truth is a Lie Which Hasn't Been Found Out.

william bickerstaffe

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 04:35:20 PM »
as a doe bag lol

Rosser

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 05:28:57 PM »
as a doe bag lol

Aye you and him would go well together with you as his ars*hole :angry2:
How's yer belly off for blackheads

allymac