Author Topic: Mystery Shopping  (Read 20142 times)

EllCee

Re: Mystery Shopping
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 10:18:47 PM »
Christopher, my two ex employers from Templemore Avenue, and various visitors to there,  were both involved in various mystery shopping.

I assumed you and Nelson were too.

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Christopher

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 10:29:54 PM »
I wasn't a mystery shopper. I don't know about Nelson but don't think he was a mystery shopper, Les. He was much more interested in looking after computer problems for people. He'd sit up all hours of the night talking them through problems over the phone. If that didn't work then he'd call to see them.

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 05:10:24 AM »
Les

I did some Mystery Shopping for an English company and didn't have any problems with payment.  My only complaint was that the petrol allowance didn't cover the distance to and from the jobs I was given.

Bet you had fun from all the " Things " that you bought at the Sex Shops  :-X :-[
When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

You can speak it, but God help you if someone doesn't agree with you

EllCee

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 12:46:47 PM »
Les

Bet you had fun from all the " Things " that you bought at the Sex Shops  :-X :-[

Tesco and Burger King don't sell that sort of thing.  Well, not in Bangor or Belfast, NI.

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 08:29:59 PM »
 ::) ;D ;D ;D
When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

You can speak it, but God help you if someone doesn't agree with you

stow

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 06:08:08 PM »
Would anyone be interested in becoming a mystery shopper in Northern Ireland? If so, please contact [email protected] or 01285 886563.

Lil Drury
Lil i know you posted this nearly a year ago but are there any positions
              for the mystery shopper, & would it be a full time or part time job.
              many thanks. kate.

pinkypie

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 10:40:49 PM »
If you are interested in Mystery shopping in Northern Ireland have a look at these guys - http://www.spotcheckni.co.uk/mysteryshopping.htm

hunter28

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 08:50:53 PM »
I was a victim of a scam and would like other people to know about this.
The scam works this way: people respond to an ad looking for a mystery shopper or a secret shopper. When the contact the company about the position, they are told they can earn money by purchasing items at different stores or dining in different restaurants. The company then forwards a personal information form, name address etc, and a travelars cheque, often ranging between $1000 and $4000 dollars. The training assignment is to cash the cheque, pose as a customer and wire the money into an overseas address. The scam is that the cheque is fake. The Cheque bounces after the person wires the money, leaving the person liable for the fake cheque. People who apply for the secret shopper or mystery shopper jobs are told by the company that they only have 48hrs to complete the assignment after cashing the cheque.

My suspensions arised as there were no legitimate reason for someone giving me money to be wired back using money gram or western money to a third party. I was surprised that the cheque was accepted for deposit by their financial institution. It can take up to a week or much longer for a financial institution to determine whether a cheque is good, especially if the cheque is located outside the uk i.e. American express travelers cheques. I was responsible for the deposited fake cheque. When the cheque bounces the bank deducts from the consumers account the amount that was credited with the fake cheque-- OFTEN WITH CHARGES ADDED and possibility of your account been closed. The bank will never take the loss.

My mystery shop was to cash travelers cheque for 1000 at my bank then go to Tesco a and purchase an item at 20 observing customer care skills, deduct a my fee of 150 then go to money gram and transfer the remaining amount into an account in London. I became very suspicious and found out it was a scam before transferring money through money gram, but still had my bank account frozen until fraud team investigated, my mortgage and other bills were delayed for payment hence charges.

Please contact me if you require further information. I just think at this economic time people are vulnerable to these types of scams for easy money, incurring lots of cost in the end. I know of at least 2 people in Belfast alone to be scammed I was a lucky
Remember some are lititimate, but you have to do tests etc. Money is never for free

bobdenn

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 10:32:12 PM »
I was a victim of a scam and would like other people to know about this.
The scam works this way: people respond to an ad looking for a mystery shopper or a secret shopper. When the contact the company about the position, they are told they can earn money by purchasing items at different stores or dining in different restaurants. The company then forwards a personal information form, name address etc, and a travelars cheque, often ranging between $1000 and $4000 dollars. The training assignment is to cash the cheque, pose as a customer and wire the money into an overseas address. The scam is that the cheque is fake. The Cheque bounces after the person wires the money, leaving the person liable for the fake cheque. People who apply for the secret shopper or mystery shopper jobs are told by the company that they only have 48hrs to complete the assignment after cashing the cheque.

My suspensions arised as there were no legitimate reason for someone giving me money to be wired back using money gram or western money to a third party. I was surprised that the cheque was accepted for deposit by their financial institution. It can take up to a week or much longer for a financial institution to determine whether a cheque is good, especially if the cheque is located outside the uk i.e. American express travelers cheques. I was responsible for the deposited fake cheque. When the cheque bounces the bank deducts from the consumers account the amount that was credited with the fake cheque-- OFTEN WITH CHARGES ADDED and possibility of your account been closed. The bank will never take the loss.

My mystery shop was to cash travelers cheque for 1000 at my bank then go to Tesco a and purchase an item at 20 observing customer care skills, deduct a my fee of 150 then go to money gram and transfer the remaining amount into an account in London. I became very suspicious and found out it was a scam before transferring money through money gram, but still had my bank account frozen until fraud team investigated, my mortgage and other bills were delayed for payment hence charges.

Please contact me if you require further information. I just think at this economic time people are vulnerable to these types of scams for easy money, incurring lots of cost in the end. I know of at least 2 people in Belfast alone to be scammed I was a lucky
Remember some are lititimate, but you have to do tests etc. Money is never for free

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.  Never send anyone any money, especially the West African addresses/banks.

BD