Author Topic: richard stevenson  (Read 12565 times)

maura

Re: richard stevenson
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2011, 06:31:19 PM »
Sorry Freda, I can't find any trace of Lucinda's birth, she may have been born before registration began. Who where the witnesses at her marriage, I did find the deaths of her children.

Thomas Steenson 78 Hilland st. 2weeks old 1885
Thomas Steenson 99 Hilland st. 5 years old 1890
Richard Stevenson 64 Matilda st. 2 1/2 years old 1894
George Steenson 51 Matilda st. 7years old 1896
Mary Jane Steinson 7 Matilda ST. 2years old 1904

win45

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2011, 09:52:58 PM »
how sad all those children died I have no clues at all to Lucinda the other Lucinda I found was a 18
month Lucinda Steenson and the address was 20 combermere street this was the address of my grandfathers brother William so he must had a baby named after her
she was married at 22    ON 5TH Sept 1884 Her address was hilland street her witness was Mary Ann Steenson  and his witness was Thomas McGreer and her father was John Lyons Labourer
she died 49 1913 and Richard remarried Elizabeth McBride in April 1914 at St Aidens Church I have searched everywhere for her no luck and thanks for trying  the   other thing is I am curious about Scarlets  Richard as
why did she have the name as a possible aunt of Annie marshall which is a connection on our side perhaps she will get back with more info there was talk from a uncle of our  Richards wife coming from the county in fact Rostrever was mentioned but the only thing would be unsure of did they mean lucinda or Elizabeth McBride it does not give me her age on the wedding info I have is from emerald Ancestors and is brief and I cant find her death she is not buried with Richard Lucinda is and also Richards sister Elizabeth and children  I think hilland street seemed to vanish someone said it became hunter street dont know if that is correct
best wishes Freda

ScarletO

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2011, 10:47:53 PM »
Scarlet do you konw who Richard married?
        Richard was married to Elizabeth rowan hill, from Ayrshire, sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

bobdenn

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2011, 11:14:21 PM »

Freda,

Could this be the elusive Lucinda that you are seeking:-

Record details[/size][/b]
[/color]
Name of deceased
[/color][/b]
Lucinda Stevenson
Last place of residence
[/color][/b]
7 Matilda Street
49 Years
Sex
[/color][/b]
Date of death
[/color][/b]
26 June 1913
Date of burial
[/color][/b]
29 June 1913
Cemetery
[/color][/b]
City Cemetery
Grave section and number
[/color][/b]
O2 143
Burial type
[/color][/b]
Earth Burial

http://cemeteries.belfastcity.gov.uk/pls/live/f?p=109:7:2252595547736389::NO::P7_RECORD_ID:6305.38356

[/color][/font][/size]

m.

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2011, 11:51:42 PM »
good morning friends was trying to get onto belfast burials site still not seem to be working
was trying to find any lyons  to match with Lucinda Lyons who married Richard Stevenson
think she was born about 1860 died 1913 Father John Hilland Street she has county down as birthplace in census but can not find one Lucinda around that time
spent all last night adding info from here thanks again
Freda

Irish Ancestry Search height=18                                       
Entry Details

Record TypeCivil MarriageDate of Marriage5 Oct 1884Groom Namerichard STEVENSONBride Namelucinda LYONSChurchSaint Annes Church of IrelandParishShankillCivil DistrictBelfastCountyAntrim

m.

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2011, 12:08:21 AM »
There a marriage on www.ancestryireland.com which I think is their, but the wrong years been enter 1807

William father Richard
Isabella father John

According to the 1901 Richard & Isabella where born in Co ArmaghResidents of a house 13 in Hilland Street (St. George's Ward Belfast, Antrim)There's a birth for a William Andrew Stephenson 1878 Co armagh on http://ifhf.rootsireland.ie/
Father Richard ,mother Agnes Davis

Entry Details

Record TypeCivil MarriageDate of Marriage27 Aug 1875Groom Namerichard STEVENSONBride Nameagnes DAVISChurchShankill Church of IrelandParishShankillCivil DistrictLurganCountyArmagh

m.

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2011, 12:15:57 AM »
Maura what you have done for everyone is wonderful still trying to find Agnes Robinson marriage to Thomas
the Rea Family and the Steenson family were always connected now you have give me Mary Ann children as well I am so thrilled see you have Brennan in your family my daughter in law is a Brennan
Freda

Entry Details

Record TypeCivil MarriageDate of Marriage19 Nov 1856Groom Namethomas STEVENSONBride Nameagnes ROBINSONChurchSaint Annes Church of IrelandParishShankillCivil DistrictBelfastCountyAntrim

win45

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2011, 01:27:48 AM »
Thank you to all the people who have been helping with the stevenson or steenson family
I believe my grandfathers brother William may have married a Dinah about 1919 1920 so if anyone spots anything would be grateful
Have paid for the month as I say to wrong ancestry as the ancestry world has brought me nothing up and shall cancel it
thanks again
Freda

win45

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2011, 03:01:43 AM »
question for the experts if Lucinda Lyons on her marriage lines has wrote father John Lyons could he already be deceased or would it say that just trying to find a death for him at hilland street
Freda

ScarletO

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2011, 01:12:32 PM »
 :)   Good afternoon everyone, Richard James Stevenson 16 or 14 Matida street  Married Annie Marshall from Ayr Scotland. Annie Marshall burnt to death in fire Wallace street Ayr. Also some news about a piggery don't know if is in. Scotland or Ireland. Richard James Stevenson and Annie Marshall were my great grandparents. Lynnara, maura, win45, Freda hope this helps.

maura

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2011, 02:25:51 PM »
Scarlet,

According to Richard James marriage 1923 his father's a James Stevenson, mother Annie Marshall.
Found a birth for a Richard James Stevenson father Richard James Stevenson, mother Annie Marshall 31st May 1905 can't make out the name of the street but its in Ayr. According to Richard birth his parents married 1902 Sept Ayr. The only marriage I can find for a Annie Marshall to a Stevenson plus variant spellings is to a David Stevenson 1902 Ayr. The 1911 census Annie's states she married 9 years had 4 children 1 living with her Richard Stenson aged 6, but Annies going by her maiden name.

ScarletO

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2011, 03:10:41 PM »
 ::) Thanks maura, I have since found out Annie Marshall Ayr is from a family of Travellers (hawkers or gypsies ) have been searching all day, finding it difficult to trace them I am led to believe these are my great grandparents Richard James and Annie. I believe my granfather Richard was about 14 when his mother died.

win45

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2011, 03:16:31 PM »
am I reading it right Scarlet that it was a Richard James Stevenson that came from Belfast Matilda Street your great Grandfather
Freda

ScarletO

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2011, 03:49:33 PM »
am I reading it right Scarlet that it was a Richard James Stevenson that came from Belfast Matilda Street your great Grandfather
Freda
yes almost sure it is win45 ::) still searching for more.

maura

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2011, 03:50:38 PM »
Scarlet, found Annie death

Annie Rodger Stevenson married to James Stevenson Seaman[merchant servce]
Died the 9th november 1939 county hospital
Cause of death Primary shock due to burns
Usual address 10 King Street Ayr
Father Alexander Marshall mason labourer [deceased]
Mother Sarah Murdoch [deceased]

This record tally with Richard James marriage to Elizabeth Hill his father was a James Stevenson seaman [merchant service]