Author Topic: richard stevenson  (Read 11532 times)

win45

Re: richard stevenson
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2011, 04:20:56 AM »
Can't find any other children to Edward & Sarah.

Edward father's a Thomas
Sarah father's a Ardel
maura did you find a chart on ancestry ireland on the marriage did it give any address I did not know the father names so thank you

maura

« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2011, 10:16:06 AM »
No Freda, I found the marriage on http://www.rootsireland.ie/ 

win45

« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2011, 02:54:11 PM »
No Freda, I found the marriage on http://www.rootsireland.ie/
thanks maura if I go and pay for it will it give me any more info than you have done know Edward was a tailor found a Thomas Hurst Tailor in a lurgan Trade directory 1819 might be a possible
thanks for advise
Freda

maura

« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2011, 03:14:15 PM »
Truthfully Freda, its pot luck what you get on a marriage cert in 1846, but you hopefully get addresses ,occupations and the witnesses names

win45

« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2011, 07:52:34 PM »
Truthfully Freda, its pot luck what you get on a marriage cert in 1846, but you hopefully get addresses ,occupations and the witnesses names
thanks Maura it gave me no address just that Edward and his Father Thomas were both Tailors
Ardell Hanlon was a carpenter did not give any age for edward and Sarah
witness
Joseph Hanlon
James Albin
still Thomas would have been my grandmother grace steensons great grandfather so slowly finding little bits thank you for this lead

lynnara

« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2011, 01:17:04 PM »
hi everyone ,sorry i have took so long to get  back , ok i know know that it was james stevenson who came over from ireland  william was his brother    , he married annie marshall  i think scarlett and i are looking for the same person  i have heard  the term black jacket  as in james was a black jacket i havent a clue what this could mean  i know he did have to flee ireland   i would love to know why but it seems that nobody in the family knows  there are a few rumours but i dont know  i just want to thank maura again as she has gave me alot of information i have sent scarlett a message to compare notes  thanks everyone  :) xx

win45

« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2011, 03:29:42 PM »
thats great if you coma across any of mine glad to have info on any stevensons or steensons
we now know our Richard had a Father called Thomas and his father was John so if you come across those names
Freda

stephen dawson

« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2014, 05:16:10 PM »
hi lynnara my name is stephen dawson my great grandfather was richards brother his name was william . he died in 1972 . his daughter josephine was my grandmother  . josephine died late 90s    josephine had 3 daughters elizabeth (betty) isobel and josephine .  Betty is my mother she is alive and well aged 84 . I was 18when william died he was a great old man  aged in his 90s and i really missed him . I also remember his wife bella who died when i was quite young. william worked on a whaling ship for many years and gave me 5 whales teeth that i still have. Matilda st has changed now to matilda court and they are fancy semis. i was born in matilda street in 1954. I look forward to hearing from you and might be able to get some old photos from my mother if she has them.

lynnara

« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2015, 10:32:49 PM »
hi Stephen ive sent you a private message

rittrock

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2018, 02:39:36 PM »
Good day[/size]
[/size]Apologies if this has already been answered - it is a long thread.[/size]
[/size]Andrew Rea, a labourer age 63 from 9 Matilda St, dies in Belfast workhouse on the last day of 1899 - What is his relation to the Andrew Rea (son of James Rea) who marries Mary Ann Stevenson / Steenson in 1886?[/size]
[/size]What became of Agnes Rea born on 23 September 1891? Did she stay on at number 9?[/size]
[/size]best wishes
[/size]

win45

« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2018, 04:55:05 PM »
Agnes Rea or Nurse Kirk to married name  lived Lisburn Road  died 1974    Mary Anne Rea married Andrew Rea she was Mary Anne Steenson my great grandfathers sister number 9 at first was Steenson Family home Mary Anne seems to have took over when she got married and was always Rea home her grandaughter Agnes died this year 90 she was a good friend to family and is who remember living at number 9 have a headstone photo not sure how to post best wishes Freda