Author Topic: A Warm Welcome to Immigrants and Visitors  (Read 2297 times)

Christopher

A Warm Welcome to Immigrants and Visitors
« on: June 26, 2006, 09:30:55 AM »
Hello. Most Belfast people are delighted to meet people who have come from another country to live in Belfast. They are usually helpful to people on their first visit to the city .. maybe on business, for a day's shopping, to find a home and settle, on holiday, to search for their ancestors or to visit a friend.

This thread is for visitors or those who are about to settle here.. what were your first impressions of Belfast?

If you are planning to visit Belfast for a day or have a holiday in the area look at this site http://www.gotobelfast.com

If you are planning to settle here you may need Help with Immigration Problems You may need to visit the Home Office immigration people. There's an Immigration Office at 23 Fountain Street, BELFAST BT1 5ER County Antrim

Christopher

Re: A Warm Welcome to Immigrants and Visitors
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 07:52:28 PM »
Hiya Joe,

Well you have been in Belfast a few times during the past few days. As a first time visitor what did you think of the City and the Belfast people you met?

Christopher.

teap

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 08:26:00 PM »
Um Christopher, Joe is staying with you why dont you look over your shoulder and ask him.

rotflmao  ;D
Colette

Still laughing my ass off.
Tears tripping me.

arkie

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 08:38:51 PM »
TEAP YOUR LUCKY ITS ONLY TEARS. IF YOURE LAUGHING YOUR ASS OFF. LOL.

teap

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 08:43:56 PM »
 ;) to right Arkie

Christopher

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 10:43:13 PM »
Um Christopher, Joe is staying with you why dont you look over your shoulder and ask him.

rotflmao  ;D
Colette

Still laughing my ass off.
Tears tripping me.

I'm still having a right good laugh at your message Colette. I know Joe is staying with me. If I had looked over my shoulder and asked him no one but me would know what he said. I don't know about you but I live in hope that that some of Belfast's City Councillers might read these threads and do something about the beggars in Belfast. You are not going to tell me Belfast Councillors can't read. I dread to think what the honest Romanian immigrants think about those begging Romanians. The Poles I met in Ballynahinch are hard workers so I am sure many Romanians are the same. Joe was shocked that Belfast as a City which wants tourists allows begging in the City.

GillRS

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 08:47:03 AM »
Hi Chris

Beth and Richard tell me to say that they think that Belfast is a great place, they loved it and will be back soon!

I've visited a few times and have seen alot of changes. I think it's a vibrant city and I'll be back soon too.

All the best

Gill

Christopher

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 09:18:29 AM »
Hi Gill,

Thaks for posting Beth and Richard's comments about Belfast.
I hope they and you tell your friends about Belfast and about Ireland.

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys on your next visit.

Chris

Christopher

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 10:47:07 PM »
You recall the article about the Canadian on the journey from Belfast to Dublin.
Here's a similar story about a journalist sent on a global assignment to Belfast
You can tell the writer must have had a great time and a fair old hangover too.
Just look at the spelling :D