Author Topic: Family information  (Read 873 times)

leemagowan

Family information
« on: August 11, 2011, 10:24:30 AM »
Hi,
     I am new to this so if anyone can help I would be most greatful.

I have a great grandad who died in 1947, his name was Patrick Pedlow.
Born 24/1/1894- died in 7/12/1947.  servered in WW1 as an Engineer.
possibly born in france or spain....not quite sure more French I believe.
He married a Florence Daniels she was born in 15-7-1898, died 16 Mar 1973. they had 15 children..9 survived. Martha - My Granny, then John,Patrick,James,Desmond,Joseph,Mary,Florence,Agnes.
He lived on Dandy Street and he trained boxers and ran a football team so the word goes, he once danced a 24 hr reel with a lady called Millie Tully??

He had a sister-name?? but apparently married a Geordie Row...who also lived on Dandy Street.

I know he and she is burried in Ballygolan cementry or now called Longlands Graveyard.

I would like to find out more about them and their life in Belfast?
Where they lived, pictures of them???where would i look, offical records?
Was he french, do I have a family link overseas?
More info on Florence and her family?

Any information or guidence would be fantastic!   I have been searching for a couple of years now with nothing other than information given by family, this seems to be it.

Help Help!
Thank you

Lee

Rose1

Re: Family information
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 03:58:16 PM »
I knew a George Roe who married Mary(known as Maureen) I'm almost sure her maiden name was Mc Greevy.   They lived at 11Dandy Street, Whitehouse.  They had four children  Patricia,Johnny, George and Colette.  As for your great Grandparents you may be able to get information from St. Mary's Star of the Sea Presbytery in Whitehouse ,Newtownabbey,Co. Antrim.  Hope this helps.             

irish dance

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 04:22:33 PM »
In the 1901 Irish Census I found the following:-

Living in Upper Whitehouse Street, Whitehouse

John  Pedlow    aged 41   Widower   Flax Dresser   Born Scotland   R.Catholic

Mary       "              10                                              Belfast                "
Patrick    "                7                                               Belfast               "

Also checked the 1911 Census but there is no sign of any of them.  Perhaps as he was a widower he went back to Scotland.  Checked for a Florence Daniels in both the 1901 and 1911 census but found no one.  If you put your request on the Genealogy thread of Belfast Forum there may be someone there who could help with your search.

Good Luck

Col3423

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 11:09:45 AM »
Hi

George and Mary Roe are my Grandparents, if you would like to get in contact reply to this message.

Colette