Author Topic: Anyone from the shore road area of Belfast?.  (Read 2097358 times)

Dargan

Re: Anyone from the shore road area of Belfast?.
« Reply #12795 on: January 31, 2019, 04:52:10 PM »
Cryptic clue time: who wrote 1001 uses of vinegar but forgot chips? It's a war of attrition folks, make no mistake. Keep your thread alive.

Dargan

« Reply #12796 on: January 31, 2019, 04:54:27 PM »
Cryptic clue time: who wrote 1001 uses of vinegar but forgot chips? It's a war of attrition folks, make no mistake. Keep your thread alive.

Dargan

« Reply #12797 on: January 31, 2019, 04:56:10 PM »

Dargan

« Reply #12798 on: January 31, 2019, 04:57:54 PM »

tommytwotoes

« Reply #12799 on: January 31, 2019, 05:00:09 PM »

One of the earliest shop-keepers of the Shore Road, Mrs Briton, who had a place in her front room in either Pittsburg or Harrisburg Street. The owner of the image wasn't certain which street, but the woman you see almost certainly shovelled up the droppings from my Grandfather's horse and sold it for fertiliser.  :hi:
Great picture Helen but before anyone comes and batters you wee correction pittsburg and Harrisburg street York rd not Shore rd as the shore rd starts other side of Skegoniel heading towards carrick  :D :-*
i never drop players ,i only make changes (shanks) justice for the 96

Dargan

« Reply #12800 on: January 31, 2019, 05:00:35 PM »

Dargan

« Reply #12801 on: January 31, 2019, 05:01:47 PM »
Yea Tommy, I know, but the boundaries of this thread were enlarged long ago - and not by me.  :D :-*

tommytwotoes

« Reply #12802 on: January 31, 2019, 05:10:15 PM »

well this ones not quite trailers ,,, they been going over hundred years now I remember their old vans big yellow ones and red writing  ,,,, I THINK   

Dargan

« Reply #12803 on: January 31, 2019, 05:11:08 PM »

And that's it for now. "Lulaflex" - sounds like a modern-day girl band, lol. All the best for now folks. Hang on a minute: one more later.  :hi:

Dargan

« Reply #12804 on: January 31, 2019, 05:11:55 PM »
Cracker, Tommy, and what a hive of industry the place was in previous decades.  :-*

tommytwotoes

« Reply #12805 on: January 31, 2019, 05:12:03 PM »
Yea Tommy, I know, but the boundaries of this thread were enlarged long ago - and not by me.  :D :-*
KNOW where ya coming from Helen  ;) ;)

Dargan

« Reply #12806 on: January 31, 2019, 08:11:20 PM »
Aye, and what's done is done, Tommy. We need to motor on regardless and just get as much gear together as possible. I've just been looking at youtube and can't believe the videos using all our images put to some questionable music! What does Billy Fury have to do with the road? Maybe he played at the Troxy, I wouldn't know, lol.  Anyway, these images have really spread around. I listened to an interview and one fella dodged the question of where all the photo's came from!! He mentioned some businessman with a huge collection and when the interviewer pressed as to where he got the rest he just said "all over the place" and cedited no forum nor social media site. Odd. The rumness of it made me laugh. Still, at least a lasting pictoral account remains and I suppose that's the main thing.

I've a photo somewhere of 2 Shore Road women who were evacuated to the Primacy village near Bangor during WW2. They returned in the 1970s to look at the wooden bungalow they'd been sent to after the blitz happened, but right now I can't find it. They're standing outside this bungalow, and I know it's gone now. It's quite a good picture as it demonstrates the type of thing the people of the road, and other places, went to when they had to scarper. I hope to unearth it some time soon and get it on, though the struggle with photobucket is a real nuisance.   :-* :hi:

White dee

« Reply #12807 on: January 31, 2019, 08:23:57 PM »
well this ones not quite trailers ,,, they been going over hundred years now I remember their old vans big yellow ones and red writing  ,,,, I THINK   

Ahh the old Bedford TK lol

Justice for all the innocent/ unarmed People who were
Gunned down by the British Soldiers,
For no other reason then their religion,were murdered.

tommytwotoes

« Reply #12808 on: January 31, 2019, 08:28:52 PM »

I know what your talking about Helen there was a guy on here whos name I wont say
he was taking all our posters pictures and was putting them on utube and people were
subscribing to him, he was taken all the credit for them.                                                                                                        I told him in no uncertain terms what I thought bout it , I blackened his name all over
the websites he was using he soon stopped ,,, I will tell you who he was next time I ring you
 :-*

tommytwotoes

« Reply #12809 on: January 31, 2019, 08:31:40 PM »
Ahh the old Bedford TK lol
TK Bedford box to exact Dee well spotted  :-*