Author Topic: Anyone from the shore road area of Belfast?.  (Read 2239984 times)

Dargan

Re: Anyone from the shore road area of Belfast?.
« Reply #13380 on: February 22, 2021, 06:32:02 PM »
Crikey , I am sorry to hear that my post has upset  you , have there been others who have said something ,am i the straw that ---- --- ----- ----k :(
Can I just say I will no longer post on this section of the forum , I will leave it all to you, Phewwwwwwwwwwwwww
And go on to another section
You just couldn't put your money where your mouth was and now you're pretending to have meant something else. Yellow. And you even hid behind a decent man's death to promote your lies. What are forums coming to? You just can't get the staff.

You're a complete disgrace to the Shore Road's fighting spirit. A bounder, sir, and a blaggard. Oh and by the way, don't try hitting above your weight again. And don't claim you'll leave it to me when you'd fog all to contribute in the first place, except maybe taking people's pictures for youtube without asking first. I've yet to verify if it's you or not, and if I do, have a care!You've deserved all you've got from me.

Normal service will be resumed soon.
If the road to hell is paved with good intentions, then "good" isn't.

barry.lewis

« Reply #13381 on: February 22, 2021, 07:34:19 PM »
I have already said sorry,
Take it easy  , this is the real me ~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTtV0t2jEg4
It's all gone very quick

Dargan

« Reply #13382 on: February 22, 2021, 07:57:31 PM »
I have to hand it to you, if you'd brains you'd be dangerous. Apology? I thought you said you didn't mean it "snide" so why mention that you made an apology? Something of a contradiction, eh sir? Keep posting, sir, I'm sure you'll be here in ten years time ploughing on trying to keep interest alive. To date as far as I can see you've contributed next to fog all. But if you want to do what I've been doing and attempting to do, go right ahead. I'd be delighted to get help transcribing the lost material and trying to figure the remote past. Thanks for your youtube recommendation but I'll make my own inquiries, thank you. This is  eating into my "Last of the Summer Wine" viewing, so I'm off now.

Dargan

« Reply #13383 on: February 23, 2021, 08:40:38 AM »
Good Morning,
And now that we're done with that nasty little incident, let us proceed with restoring to the thread some of the lost material. Later, an article provided by Jim about a heinous and wicked act at Buttermilk Loaney in 1855, and another reference to Peggy Barkley/Barclay's in that area.

(Nail your colours to the mast in life on just about every occasion it's the right thing to do).  :hi:

Dargan

« Reply #13384 on: February 24, 2021, 09:13:48 AM »
Good Morning,

I've been thinking about this 1855 newspaper snippet and the finer details are really too harrowing to mention. And they include a name which may still resonate around the road amongst the descendants of the victim of this crime. However, if anyone wants a copy they can say on the thread and I will send it via E-mail.

Basically, a heinous assault is made upon a child. The court proceedings see her in the dock and no matter what tactic employed, the brave girl's testimony remains firm and unshakeable. The Judge at the conclusion has no option but to bring in a verdict of guilty, and the "sentence" is a fine of 40 shillings plus court fees. Well, a social commentary the length of your arm and beyond could be made about that. But we're not here to do that except for the odd remark about crusty old Judges who if their daughters had been treated thus would have likely found a way to bring about the use of the noose. But when the child is a "nobody" 40 shillings will do. He actually blamed the girl, in part.

Anyway, the salient part for us is that the article mentions that the offence took place at Buttermilk Loaney. A nearby tavern is mentioned, but  the name of it in 1855 isn't mentioned, but it does say this of it:

"Once known as Peggy Barklay's."

So, a reference to Peggy being gone by 1855.

It's time to move on from her activities and look at other aspects of the history, if, of course, the thread doesn't burst into chat, in which case I will wait in the wings until said chat diminishes. And furthermore have done in the past. Up yours Mr. Lewis.  :hi:

brianmckeever

« Reply #13385 on: February 24, 2021, 10:01:33 AM »
You really ought to be awarded a prize, Helen.
Your forthright courage will become legendary.

Dargan

« Reply #13386 on: February 24, 2021, 12:46:07 PM »
Hallo Brian, I'm just dead interested in the place, it's seeped right into my very soul and the truth of the matter is I couldn't give a fiddler's about what they say or think. Thick-skinned I think it's called. Either that or just far too into the Road to be bothered by any little sniveller trying to curry mob-favour by being snide about me. But when push comes to the shove I'm not taking zhit from some stupid little man who'll have my photo's to promote his own little venture as some King RICHARD (the short version wouldn't be allowed) on youtube, if it was indeed him, for someone else on this thread had a go at someone of the same name before for that very same carry on.

Now I'd really enjoy knowing that people could chat on here again, but the truth is they can't seem to sustain their chat. I wouldn't know why but possibly because there's no foundation in people of straw. Never have them on your side in a war for they'd high tail it off when the first balloon on a stick was brandished in menace.

This is an entirely authentic statement: when I saw people get reunited on this thread years ago who hadn't been in touch for years it did my heart good. I was absolutely delighted for them. It did me no end of good to see it. As to those who want to see me as the ogre or the bad girl now: fog them. They don't have a CLUE what went on in the background, and let's call it what it is without squealing the heap : pure treachery. I'll never say what happened because the nature of it is sensitive. However, some know and they have to live with falsely representing themselves. That's up to them how they do that. As for me, it's motor on regardless. I'm just dying to get back to transcribing the lost material. I've had a long walk in the muddy fields this morning wondering about the road and what I can do to figure out a sort of "four lane ends" type affair of public footpaths at Ringan Point which my eyes see on a 1904 map.

The focal point of these paths (as they "vector" in so to speak) as you probably know can be burials which were not deemed fit for graveyards. I can't get over some of these old Priest and Ministers and robed weirdos going round with collection plates after talking a lot of crap. They put away some of the scum of the earth in their consecrated ground but if you have the temerity to die in babyhood without a baptism, or by your own hand, you're not as good as the murderers and villains! Anybody in life who subscribes to this is a weirdo and nothing more. Their necks would stand pebble-dashing.

All the best.  :hi:

barry.lewis

« Reply #13387 on: February 24, 2021, 07:12:13 PM »
Well what a day its been , in between jobs I always try to do a good turn , Today was a really good day ,an old client wanted her gutters and gutter boards cleaned , she lost her Husband a few months ago,
when i finished she said how much do I owe you Barry I said no charge darling  I am a Belfast Man, she burst into tears , I wanted to give her a cuddle she looked so sad ,
it is just so good to help someone ,
 :)
It's all gone very quick

allymac

« Reply #13388 on: February 24, 2021, 11:01:10 PM »
Well done Barry.Used to do a few wee jobs for local pensioners,but I need help myself now that I'm over 65.Time flies. :)
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.

Number26

« Reply #13389 on: February 25, 2021, 09:41:04 AM »
You can take the man out of Belfast but never Belfast out of the man👏

barry.lewis

« Reply #13390 on: February 25, 2021, 04:26:15 PM »
I have been away now for fifty years , left the Yard 1971 , But Belfast will always be my home :(
It's all gone very quick

barry.lewis

« Reply #13391 on: February 27, 2021, 04:41:04 PM »
Well done Barry.Used to do a few wee jobs for local pensioners,but I need help myself now that I'm over 65.Time flies. :)

Thank you Allymac ,
I find the longer you keep going , the longer you keep going ,
I am 72 now and I am always doing little jobs for nothing , most of my customers are women as they tend to live longer than us  ;)
This is what I miss most , On the Splugen Pass (6) DSCF4345 Barry GPZ 1100 95/98 - YouTube

It's all gone very quick

pete57

« Reply #13392 on: February 27, 2021, 10:44:48 PM »

Jesus Barry !  mind yourself or you'll be putting yer hip out   :o    ;)

barry.lewis

« Reply #13393 on: February 28, 2021, 07:22:42 AM »
Jesus Barry !  mind yourself or you'll be putting yer hip out   :o    ;)
 Now that made me laugh Pete,

I Made a small mistake thats not me on the Splugen Pass , Thats me on the GrossGlockner Pass,

The Splugen Pass road is very scary
It's all gone very quick