Author Topic: Anyone from the shore road area of Belfast?.  (Read 1984099 times)

lawsy55

Re: Anyone from the shore road area of Belfast?.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 06:45:27 PM »
was alan related to aaron beattie; i know he had lots of brothers but im not sure of thier names; also did you know a john magee from white city he had a sister called joan;

Jimmy55

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »
hey Lawsy55...I am Jimmy mcmullan  from  Mount vernon walk, i remember you and your family amazing what a post on here can start.
Ive been in Australia for the last 23 years i usually go back to Belfast every  couple of years or so.

Liz51

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 10:00:46 PM »
hey Lawsy55...I am Jimmy mcmullan  from  Mount vernon walk, i remember you and your family amazing what a post on here can start.
Ive been in Australia for the last 23 years i usually go back to Belfast every  couple of years or so.
any one know of willy rielly that lived in the bungalows

lawsy55

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 10:49:40 AM »
hi jimmy
nice to hear from you after all these years; yes i was talking to my bro jimmy and he said  you lived next door to clifford brown he says he knew you better than i did lol;yeh love being on the forum reading all the past days of belfast and people i still remember;i often wonder what happen to the people i knew its unforunate that i dont remember all the names. hey still go back to belfast myself now and again and i still call it home;great to hear from someone who remembers us.jimmy says to give you his best wishes.
thanks for the post .   lawsy55.  .

dendar

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 03:31:21 PM »
hi lawsy55 alan had two brothers, david and stephen. he was the oldest.
sorry I didnt know the magees from white city. whitecity was a great place to grow up in.
regards
dendar

Jimmy55

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 04:20:50 PM »
hi jimmy
nice to hear from you after all these years; yes i was talking to my bro jimmy and he said  you lived next door to clifford brown he says he knew you better than i did lol;yeh love being on the forum reading all the past days of belfast and people i still remember;i often wonder what happen to the people i knew its unforunate that i dont remember all the names. hey still go back to belfast myself now and again and i still call it home;great to hear from someone who remembers us.jimmy says to give you his best wishes.
thanks for the post .   lawsy55.  .

Hi Billy ineed it is nice to hear from you after all these years.Yes thats right i lived next door to Clifford you guys lived in no 22 if my memory serves me right. Give my regards to Jimmy.

SANDRAM

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 02:56:53 PM »
Hi Jimmy55,

Just spotted this subject re: Shore Road.  noticed that you lived in Mt.Vernon Walk before coming to Australia.  I am wondering if you knew of a family who lived in 44 Mt.Vernon Park by the name of Jackie  Murdock.  Sadly, Jackie was shot and killed walking home one night along the Shore Road around Fortwilliam Park on 29th July, 1974.  I believe he had two daughters  - Jacqueline & Sandra.  Jackie had 4 sisters, Joy, Emily Ivy & Molly.  I am doing some family research and it would be interesting if you knew the family at all.  (Jackie was my cousin - our Dad's were brothers).    Regards,
Sandram

Jimmy55

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
Hi Sandram,

Sorry, i dont recall the name Murdock from the Mount Vernon area,but next time im speaking to family members i will ask them.

regards Jimmy

SANDRAM

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 01:06:07 AM »
Hi Jimmy 55,

Thanks for your post - you never know if you don't ask eh!  I have lived in Australia for 43 years.

Regards,
Sandram

Jimmy55

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 06:08:01 AM »
Where abouts in Oz are you sandram.?

SANDRAM

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 10:55:33 AM »
Hi Jimmy 55

I have lived in Melbourne since arriving here back in 1968 on the good ship -  'Orcades' (I came as a child bride !)  My husband is from the capital of Ireland- 'Liverpool' we have 2 sons and 3 beautiful grandchildren now.  Only had two trips home in 43 years and spent most of that time in Wales (my Mum was Welsh).  I love Australia and it has been good to us but funny how the memories that most of us 'Forum' members have are so different to what we have experienced living here and even our children really don't appreciate  what 'growing up in Belfast' meant to us.  Proud to be Irish but happy to be an adopted Australian !! Cheers!
Sandram

Jimmy55

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 02:48:55 AM »
I hope you still have  that Belfast accent     :)   

SANDRAM

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 03:38:47 PM »
Hi Jimmy55,

I think that I definately still  have got the accent!!   although I'm told from friends back home that I sound 'Aussie' now.  After 43 years I think i'm allowed to have a bit of an Aussie twang!! eh! Cheers!
Sandram

Jimmy55

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 05:59:28 AM »
Hi Sandram

Well after 43 years we'll allow you a few words of the aussie twang.     ps  do you think you'll stay. :)

Seaviewite

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 08:26:20 AM »
G'day, an Aussie "twang" ?  Don't think I've ever heard an Aussie "twang" and I've been here 36 years.
American's have a "twang", indeed Aussies claim they don't have an accent, they're just bonza mate!
When at Thy call my weary feet I turn
The gates of paradise are opened wide
At Goodison I know a man can learn
Rapture more rich than Anfield can pr