Author Topic: Anyone from the shore road area of Belfast?.  (Read 2500694 times)

tommytwotoes

Re: Anyone from the shore road area of Belfast?.
« Reply #4800 on: July 01, 2014, 10:12:16 PM »
I dropped a boo boo,, on fortwilliam house ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, THIS IS HAZELWOOD HOUSE CIRCA 1930,S  REGARDS TOMMY ,,,,,,
i never drop players ,i only make changes (shanks) justice for the 96

Dargan

« Reply #4801 on: July 01, 2014, 10:43:01 PM »
Any more Shore Road tales out there? We're always keen to hear them. Especially something a bit out-of-the-ordinary, but definitely connected to the road. I'm sure that this sort of material goes down very well.

Regards,
Dargan

How to deal intelligently with rising fuel bills: self-identify as a Martian and ask them to bill you at home.

Dargan

« Reply #4802 on: July 01, 2014, 10:45:22 PM »
Where's Walter Crooks? Come on Walter, how about a bit of vintage Crooksy entertainment?  :) Hope your vertigo's a bit better. Mine's still hanging around me, just a bit.
How to deal intelligently with rising fuel bills: self-identify as a Martian and ask them to bill you at home.

tommytwotoes

« Reply #4803 on: July 01, 2014, 10:48:07 PM »
Any more Shore Road tales out there? We're always keen to hear them. Especially something a bit out-of-the-ordinary, but definitely connected to the road. I'm sure that this sort of material goes down very well.

Regards,
Dargan

DARGAN if I told a little story my big bro wud probably KILL ME ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but then again he don't have a computer  pmsl  :D

Dargan

« Reply #4804 on: July 01, 2014, 10:49:25 PM »
Then go for it, tommy!

tommytwotoes

« Reply #4805 on: July 01, 2014, 11:16:53 PM »
WELL not  the same as Roberts ,,,, my brother HARRY  is just over 2 years older than me , anyway when he started work as apprentice joiner at 16 ,, he had a girlfriend she lived on mill park road where the big mill was ,,, anyway he had to study every Thursday night ,, she was always up at ours ,, one Thursday he asked me if I wud walk he back home ,,, ( course I got him to pay me) as we got to the bottom of the flats I started to go down the back of s. smiths shop got to the ally and she said HAVE YIU EVER KISSED A GIRL  ,,,, course I have ,, she thought  I was bluffing and said go on then prove it kiss me heck I didn't need asking twice straight in there even thu I was a bit nervous ,,, when I let her have a breath she said sh7t can you teach ya brother that ,,, well for six months I got paid by my bro for walking her home on Thursday nights and got paid by her in more ways than one ahhhhhhhhh ,,,,, and to this day my big bro has no idea ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, DANNY YOU SAY NOTHING WHEN YOU SEE HIM  
MANY HAPPY REGARDS TOMMY   :-** :P :P :P :P :P :P  

Dargan

« Reply #4806 on: July 01, 2014, 11:23:50 PM »
Just a short anecdote connected to someone linked to the area. If my cousin with connections to Whitehouse comes on, he may confirm this, or tweak some of the detail.

His Mother was friendly with a woman high up in some kind of witchcraft movement in N.I. in the seventies. (His mother did not belong to this group). I won't say the woman's name. She was quite famous back then. However, my cousin's Mother told a tale that the woman had told her:

A man who belonged to the organisation died. He had been a significant figure in it; perhaps even at the top. It was decided that some of the members would go to his widow and ask her to sell them very old books on Witchcraft that had been owned by the deceased man. The collection itself was said to have been very impressive, and not the type of thing anyone would want to see fall into the wrong hands. Whatever their content, the woman immediately burned them after his death, and when the representatives approached her, she told them that she did it as per his last wishes. The books were supposed to have been hundreds of years old and extremely rare. Because of who the woman was, I didn't doubt the tale. It fascinates me to think that such books exist at all, but likely they do, and for the properly trained reveal whole other cosmologies. As a lover of old books I am horrified that they were destroyed, but do feel that even ownership of such things, without ever delving into the content, could be dangerous to many.

Regards,
H.

Dargan

« Reply #4807 on: July 01, 2014, 11:28:26 PM »
WELL not  the same as Roberts ,,,, my brother HARRY  is just over 2 years older than me , anyway when he started work as apprentice joiner at 16 ,, he had a girlfriend she lived on mill park road where the big mill was ,,, anyway he had to study every Thursday night ,, she was always up at ours ,, one Thursday he asked me if I wud walk he back home ,,, ( course I got him to pay me) as we got to the bottom of the flats I started to go down the back of s. smiths shop got to the ally and she said HAVE YIU EVER KISSED A GIRL  ,,,, course I have ,, she thought  I was bluffing and said go on then prove it kiss me heck I didn't need asking twice straight in there even thu I was a bit nervous ,,, when I let her have a breath she said sh7t can you teach ya brother that ,,, well for six months I got paid by my bro for walking her home on Thursday nights and got paid by her in more ways than one ahhhhhhhhh ,,,,, and to this day my big bro has no idea ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, DANNY YOU SAY NOTHING WHEN YOU SEE HIM  

Preview This what'll happen if he sees a computer.  :D

Canadianraptor

« Reply #4808 on: July 01, 2014, 11:40:27 PM »
Tommy, nothing like brotherly love LOL. PS: your brother's reaction, when he finds out, is noted below!
 >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

"Do not judge and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven" (Luke 6:37)

tommytwotoes

« Reply #4809 on: July 01, 2014, 11:47:46 PM »
WELL HOPEFULLY HE WONT FIND OUT ROBERT ,,,,  but sure we done daft things when we where young ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well I did  ;) ;)

Canadianraptor

« Reply #4810 on: July 01, 2014, 11:50:07 PM »
Two more pictures of Hazelbank House, April 1932, when it might have been owned by the Mackie Family!

"Do not judge and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven" (Luke 6:37)

Daz55

« Reply #4811 on: July 02, 2014, 12:09:55 AM »
Funny you should mention Harry Tommy, my son was tiling a house the other day and txt me saying theres a man here fitting the kitchen is asking about me saying we ran about together in mt vernon when we were youngsters, your Harry of course I said next time im passing I will call in and have a yarn or two about the oul days and thursday nights etc!!! ha only jokin mate my lips are sealed, wonder where his burd is now???                                                                         Great stories and pics folks keep them coming, Daz

tommytwotoes

« Reply #4812 on: July 02, 2014, 12:15:57 AM »
Funny you should mention Harry Tommy, my son was tiling a house the other day and txt me saying theres a man here fitting the kitchen is asking about me saying we ran about together in mt vernon when we were youngsters, your Harry of course I said next time im passing I will call in and have a yarn or two about the oul days and thursday nights etc!!! ha only jokin mate my lips are sealed, wonder where his burd is now???                                                                         Great stories and pics folks keep them coming, Daz
jasus danny how spooky is that ,,,, good man hush hush extra pints for you danny next summer  O0 O0 :drinks:

tommytwotoes

« Reply #4813 on: July 02, 2014, 12:19:09 AM »
 spot on Robert MACKIE FAMILY ,,,, HERE THEY ARE OUTSIDE HAZELBANK HOUSE 

Jimmy55

« Reply #4814 on: July 02, 2014, 07:58:42 AM »
Here's an interesting ad for a piece of Shore Road real estate 1899,

I wonder what the rent was for this house back in 1880.

Jimmy

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy