Author Topic: Anyone from the shore road area of Belfast?.  (Read 2008083 times)

brixmis

Re: Anyone from the shore road area of Belfast?.
« Reply #12825 on: February 04, 2019, 12:48:52 PM »
TK Bedford box to exact Dee well spotted  :-*
I did my driving test in the army in one of those (flatbed).
Did a week in a Vauvhall Chevette and two weeks in the TK then got my car and HGV3 licences after passing my test.
Boomshanka

White dee

« Reply #12826 on: February 05, 2019, 09:55:05 PM »
I did my driving test in the army in one of those (flatbed).
Did a week in a Vauvhall Chevette and two weeks in the TK then got my car and HGV3 licences after passing my test.

The TK Diesel engine was a great engine,you couldn't kill them, just keep the oil level up,
they'd run forever lol
Love all, trust few, everything is real but,
Not everyone is true,,
        Buddha

Frankcrues

« Reply #12827 on: February 06, 2019, 08:31:39 AM »
Hi I'm not sure how to post in these threads so I hope someone will see this I have been reading this thread for a week or so and a lot of input in the past was from my brother Seaviewite. A lot of the photo he posted were from my collection which he ask me for I'm not sure if I have any more that he did not post but i will look through my photos and post when I work out how to post photos. I'm sure I'll work out.

James James

« Reply #12829 on: February 06, 2019, 03:21:04 PM »
"Dargan"
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,39272.msg1120200.html#msg1120200
"Hallo Richard! Glad you are still enjoying these. Seaviewite's picture is amazing, I agree,"...

"Seaviewite"
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,39272.msg1120289.html#msg1120289
"I've heard that Leslie Hale left Belfast under something of a cloud supposedly due to some financial irregularities."...

As someone who lived in mineral street leslie hale faith tabernacle used to be somewhere to go  when we were kids lol,i do know that leslie and his family went to the USA where he preaches out of Tarpon Springs Florida.
I remember him as being very charismatic when preaching but there was often the mention of money which tended to taint his sermons in many peoples' opinion.

James James

« Reply #12831 on: February 06, 2019, 04:38:50 PM »
Hi I'm not sure how to post in these threads so I hope someone will see this I have been reading this thread for a week or so and a lot of input in the past was from my brother Seaviewite. A lot of the photo he posted were from my collection which he ask me for I'm not sure if I have any more that he did not post but i will look through my photos and post when I work out how to post photos. I'm sure I'll work out.
"User 'Frankcrues' can not receive personal messages."

That's because your forum profile "Personal Messaging" setting, isn't set to permit that.

Sooooo,... "How to upload pictures to the Belfast forum"   rtf format Wordpad text file.
https://docdro.id/i9dRc7D

tommytwotoes

« Reply #12832 on: February 06, 2019, 06:47:20 PM »

hi frank welcome to the forum , I remember your family from way back
you use to live in terrace depot in the 60,s , my big bro lived cross the road
next to the satellite ball room , we were so sad to hear about roy , he was  well
respected on here , if  you get any problems with posting feel free to PM me
I will be glad to help with anything your not sure on , regards tommy
i never drop players ,i only make changes (shanks) justice for the 96

Agnes caldwell peden

« Reply #12833 on: February 10, 2019, 07:59:17 PM »
Hi Iím from mount vernon park lived there from 1951 ,,my granny moved from Ivan st to mount vernon she lived next door to the beatties   We just lived over st ,,mount vernon wos great place to grow up in great neighbourhood everyone new everyone. The best of friends ,,very different now  :-*

macroyal

« Reply #12834 on: February 11, 2019, 04:03:51 PM »
Hi I’m from mount vernon park lived there from 1951 ,,my granny moved from Ivan st to mount vernon she lived next door to the beatties   We just lived over st ,,mount vernon wos great place to grow up in great neighbourhood everyone new everyone. The best of friends ,,very different now  :-*
HI AGNES, WELCOME TO THE FORUM, I WAS IN THE SAME CLASS IN LOWWOOD AND DUNLAMBERT AS JOHN BEATTIE, THE OTHER BEATTIE'S I KNEW WHERE AARON BEATTIE AND FAMILY ,. ME JOHN BEATTIE AND PETER ATCHESON WHERE ALWAYS LAST IN THE LOWWOOD TESTS, I CANT REMEMBER HOW OFTEN THEY WERE, BUT THEY LINED THE CLASS UP IN ORDER OF THE CLASS RESULTS ME PETER AND JOHN WHERE ALWAYS THE LAST 3, BUT IN DUNLAMBERT PETER MADE THE GRAMMER STREAM FROM HIS 11+ RESULT ME AND JOHN WHERE IN THE CLASS BELOW, 1R1.ETC

tommytwotoes

« Reply #12835 on: February 11, 2019, 11:11:26 PM »
some where on the shore rd I think lookin at back ground cud be just before the bend at loughshore/view houses ,,, 1929

tommytwotoes

« Reply #12836 on: February 12, 2019, 10:58:36 PM »
wow did"nt realise it looked like this

Dargan

« Reply #12837 on: February 13, 2019, 09:30:19 AM »
To James: if you see this, James, could you please use your skills to try to find the whereabouts, in Belfast, around 1911, of the serial-killer Doctor who qualified in Belfast in 1904: Dr. Robert, George Clements, originally from Limerick.

The reason for asking is that I wonder if he might be responsible for David Natalia's death - the man who was found shot dead at Fortwilliam Arches, Shore Road end, in 1897. If this Doctor, who later moved to Manchester, lived in and around Fortwilliam Park, the Antrim or Somerton Roads, it could highlight him as a supsect. Cheers, Helen.
Happy Birthday Doctor.

tommytwotoes

« Reply #12838 on: February 13, 2019, 03:00:27 PM »
To James: if you see this, James, could you please use your skills to try to find the whereabouts, in Belfast, around 1911, of the serial-killer Doctor who qualified in Belfast in 1904: Dr. Robert, George Clements, originally from Limerick.

The reason for asking is that I wonder if he might be responsible for David Natalia's death - the man who was found shot dead at Fortwilliam Arches, Shore Road end, in 1897. If this Doctor, who later moved to Manchester, lived in and around Fortwilliam Park, the Antrim or Somerton Roads, it could highlight him as a supsect. Cheers, Helen.

Helen iv done some stuff on this a while back and as much as I would like to say clements was involved
in the area we grew up ,,,, sadly I don't think he was  involved in, natalia,s murder, clements was born in limerick 1880 ,
he study to be a doctor and graduated at 24 , at the time of the murder he would of been 17/18 ,, I would say he was not even in Belfast at the time , he would of most likely started training as a doc , and then moved on to Belfast to become a qualified doctor and as we know all his wives died in England ,, but who knows maybe something will turn up ,,  :-*

tommytwotoes

« Reply #12839 on: February 13, 2019, 03:57:26 PM »

Helen found this and it looks like we misspelt his name looks like not murdered and this would fit as he was jewish
and they had a church on the sommerton rd