Author Topic: Ballygally.?  (Read 2630 times)

kingfisher

Re: Ballygally.?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 12:34:44 AM »
Dear Chris,  :D

Great to hear from you again, but I am still waiting for Shelly to reply to the e-mails that I sent her about Ballygally. That was nearly,  if not 6 years ago. and I am still waiting. That is why I went to your site when I found it., Yes I am aware that there is a Galway, maybe that is why I still keep hearing my father sing Galway Bay so many years after he died. But that does really not give positive proof, as it was a very popular song in the 40-50's. The address is of the photographer., so really with no reply from Shelly, and she seemed so anxious to have the photo, I have often pondered the thought Why? was it because she had akin to her roots like me, or did she really know of the place.?  Thanks heaps again, take care

Namaste Sylvia.

Christopher

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 02:15:34 AM »
Hiya Sylvia,

The thought just occurred to me. It may be easy to establish whether it is a property in Ballygally Co. Antrim. A phone call to the Ulster Musuem curator of photographs may reveal whether Alexander Robert Hogg took a series of photographs in Ballygally, Co. Antrim and whether he took any of a place called Ballygally in any other county. I may be wrong but the photographs are probably catalogued in Counties.

All the Best,  Christopher 

kingfisher

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 04:15:15 AM »
Hello Christopher,

So sorry for the delay in my reply to your mail on July 24, but it would appear that some absentminded people forget that I am around and just leave a piece of paper on the desk for me to find on August 02. :'(

I will give that some thought :-* thanks heaps for that. Somehow , somewhere, I will come up with an answer, but I really do hope it is soon, otherwise it will end up in Chapter Three of my family history. Chapter Two is  on hold to the printers as I have to make a plane flight and take a photo. Chapter one is complete. I suppose it would make an interesting reference. ::) however, today I am on the run as the saying goes, have five extra in for the evening meal, so I will try and catch up with you in the next few days.  thanks for you marvellous help and guidance and suggestions, till I catch up with you take care ,

Namaste Sylvia :)

tattootrish

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 09:56:11 AM »
Hello Chris and Sylvia

I'm Patricia who lives in Edinburgh originally from Larne.  My sister - spookily enough also called Sylvia - is going to drive through Ballygally this afternoon and see if she can find the bungalow in question.  I've sent her a picture.  We've all been on holiday which is why it's taken so long to do.  If she finds the house did you want her to go to the door and give them the picture or ask for their name or what?  Do you want to have any contact with them?

Regards
Patricia

Christopher

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 02:07:20 PM »
Hiya Patricia,

I have a friend who lived in Larne and now lives in Belfast.
I'm doing my best to persuade her to join the Forum.

Best Wishes, Christopher

kingfisher

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 08:38:09 AM »
Dear Patricia,

Yes! Yes! Yes! Please, anything that may give me a clue as to who the previous tenants or owners were, do ask them if the people were Wrights, or Pearces, etc. You are a real darling. one day I will catch up with you both, Bless you.
 Namaste Sylvia...Thanks heaps Chis.

Christopher

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 11:46:39 AM »
Hello Chris and Sylvia

I'm Patricia who lives in Edinburgh originally from Larne.  My sister - spookily enough also called Sylvia - is going to drive through Ballygally this afternoon and see if she can find the bungalow in question.  I've sent her a picture.  We've all been on holiday which is why it's taken so long to do.  If she finds the house did you want her to go to the door and give them the picture or ask for their name or what?  Do you want to have any contact with them?

Regards
Patricia

Hiya Patricia,

Has your sister found the bungalow? Your message was posted at the beginning of August... we are now in September. Is your sister OK? Did she have an accident on the Coast Road on her way to Ballygally?

All the Best, Chris

eddiec

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 11:14:22 AM »
I passed a copy of the photograph to a colleague who lives in Larne and he is going to ask a few others from the area.

He says that there are certainly some houses similar to that in the photo to the Glenarm side of Ballygally.
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.  <i>Mark Twain</i>

ballykeel

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 06:10:22 PM »
Hi Sylvia,
I live in Larne, will do my best to take a drive down the Coast Road to look for ur bungalow, as someone else has suggested, it is on the Glenarm side by the looks of it, will try to get back to you asap. Cheers for now.
'Love all, trust few, always paddle your own canoe'

Christopher

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 07:29:59 PM »
Hiya Ballykeel,

Welcome fo Belfast Forum.

Thanks for your kind offer to help Sylvia. I hope this is third time lucky for her.

Patricia's sister and Eddie's colleague appear to have been waylaid. I was under the impression they both lived
in Larne and should have been able to find Ballygally with no problem .. sure it's only a few miles out the road.

All the Best, Chris

kingfisher

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 01:37:54 AM »
Hello Chris & BallyKeel,

Hi Chris, hope you are well, and all the Irish Clan, also BallyKeel. The brain is not working too well today,they just cut me loose from hospital.,  but Patricia or her sister found the house and spoke to the owner who contacted me, "Michael" I think that is what his name was, he was wonderful, e-mailed me with the findings of the previous owners and past back to when the place was built, also a colour photograph and the new editions and improvements to the place, it was very thoughtful of them all in trying to help, but although I have confirmed where the place is and the name of the place has been changed to Aloha I think, don't quote me on that one I would have to go back , but apparently some Americans bought the place or someone went to the U.S.A and so decided to changed the name
as it overlooked the sea. From what I understand one would have to have a fair amount of money no matter who bought the place as it was classed as a holiday home, if you know what I mean. By all means, chase up any lead that come your way, if you come by chance to where the road leads you, I welcome anything, but none of the names turn up in my family history, and for what reason I have come by this photo, I am beginning to think sinister things, knowing my family's past.....however having said that, I have the photo on my desk where another sat for nearly 10 years, then one night it dawned on me where it belonged, so maybe this part of my family's  past has been sent to try me at my best...Thank you BallyKeel, Chris and all of you, will catch you all later, time to put my feet up for a few hours.

Cheers, and Namaste from the desk of Sylvia. :)