Author Topic: Beverley Street Shankill Road  (Read 12387 times)

sonofshanks

Re: Beverley Street Shankill Road
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 10:30:47 AM »
My old BB Captain came from the street Sammy Johnston and his brother Bobby.

Sammy Johnston and his brother Kenny, 66 Beverley Street.
I wanted to build a fortress, a bastion of invincibility.

wataboutye

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 11:48:32 AM »
My Granny and Granda lived in Beverley Street when they got married in 1905.
My Aunt was born there.
They then moved round the corner to Penrith Street and lived there all their lives till the houses in Penrith Street were pulled down in the late 1970's.
Beverley, Cumberland, Westmoreland, Dover and Northumberland and all the intersecting streets go way back to the start of the 1900's.
I can picture them all like I was walking up them right now.  :)   :(
Sure if I don't see you thru the week I'll see you thru the windie!

wataboutye

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 12:21:05 PM »

Newspaper clip, July 1971. Royal Green Jackets were stationed in the Church Hall, corner Beverley and Percy St. where this photo was taken.
Sure if I don't see you thru the week I'll see you thru the windie!

bigmazey

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 06:37:53 PM »
I lived at no 70 next door to the Johnstons - Sammy, bobby and nessie I went to the wee model then to Argyle when it closed in 1956 ? and on to Ballygo'
I remember the Galways ( 50 ) - Jamsie, Tommy   The Bruces (58 )-  Ethel, Elsie, Myrtle, Ian, Stanley, Brian   The Raineys (80 )  Dianne, Davey, Roberta  The Patersons (92) Jim   The Surgeoners ( ? )  George ( my mate ) Gail, Robert   The Burns ( ? )  Sammy Snr  Jnr       &  Freddie Rice   Hazel & Sandra Irvine,   Lillian McCoubrey,  Cecil McAteer  Tom Atkinson,  Trevor , David Hughes
Billy , George, Bessie, Susan Rice  ( Carlow St )  Rachel Haveron ( Northumberland St ) Ashley Hanna ( Northumberland St. 
My Father John and My brothers Jim, John And Norman worked in Isaac Andrews as did I for a couple until i eventually moved to Devon and have been here since
I wonder where all these people are now 

teap

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »
they were around in the 60's - 70's.
i left there when it was still the old houses in 1974

2 of my neighbours came from those streets  :)  peter and shirley white Penrith street and john and mary nesbitt beverly street they "had" to leave 1969

canadian sodafarl

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 07:19:43 PM »
I lived at no 70 next door to the Johnstons - Sammy, bobby and nessie I went to the wee model then to Argyle when it closed in 1956 ? and on to Ballygo'
I remember the Galways ( 50 ) - Jamsie, Tommy   The Bruces (58 )-  Ethel, Elsie, Myrtle, Ian, Stanley, Brian   The Raineys (80 )  Dianne, Davey, Roberta  The Patersons (92) Jim   The Surgeoners ( ? )  George ( my mate ) Gail, Robert   The Burns ( ? )  Sammy Snr  Jnr       &  Freddie Rice   Hazel & Sandra Irvine,   Lillian McCoubrey,  Cecil McAteer  Tom Atkinson,  Trevor , David Hughes
Billy , George, Bessie, Susan Rice  ( Carlow St )  Rachel Haveron ( Northumberland St ) Ashley Hanna ( Northumberland St. 
My Father John and My brothers Jim, John And Norman worked in Isaac Andrews as did I for a couple until i eventually moved to Devon and have been here since
I wonder where all these people are now           
                                                               Hi welcome to the forum i live in Canada don't know the people you are mentioning but i met you in Canada   CSF.

bigmazey

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 08:05:25 PM »
Hi CSF
You met me in Canada   Are you sure ?
I was there in about 83 /84 visiting my brother

canadian sodafarl

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 09:52:04 PM »
Hi CSF
You met me in Canada   Are you sure ?
I was there in about 83 /84 visiting my brother

Yes i am sure i met you then at their house CSF

Addison

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
Hi, wataboutye I also went to model school in Percy street, I remember two teacher's Mrs Erskin and Mrs Bell, Mrs Bell was a nice teacher but did not like the other teacher.

Addison.

Old age is always 15 years older than I am.

our bobby

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 02:15:45 AM »
Hello Addison and Wataboutye, I went to the "Wee Model" I lived in Cumberland street at the corner of Wigton street, do you remember the Meniece family also Cumberland street (just below Northumberland street) Desmond, Derek and Valerie. I have a photo somewhere which I will search out and post.

Addison

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 02:24:03 AM »
Bobby, cannot remember the name  Meniece  but might if I saw the photo, I lived in Forsyth Street of Dover street.
Old age is always 15 years older than I am.

bigmazey

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 01:26:20 PM »
I remember the Menice family, I used to knock about with Dennis. along with Kenny Chambers , Roy Allen, Jamsie Galway to name a few
At the wee model I also remember 2 classes in 1 room facing opposite directions. Thats why we were so clever cos we got 2 lessons in 1.

oldboy

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 03:04:01 PM »
this is warkworth st 1955 next steet to beverley st

bricat

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 11:06:23 PM »
looks like, john and billy mc nally, ronnie mc causland, tom henderson, they are about the only ones i recognise.
If i'd known i was goin ta live this long i would've taken better care of meself

bricat

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 11:08:03 PM »
Hello Addison and Wataboutye, I went to the "Wee Model" I lived in Cumberland street at the corner of Wigton street, do you remember the Meniece family also Cumberland street (just below Northumberland street) Desmond, Derek and Valerie. I have a photo somewhere which I will search out and post.

don't forget dennis, i think he was the youngest. he's living up in joanmount.
If i'd known i was goin ta live this long i would've taken better care of meself