Author Topic: Con McAllister & Family..Gibson St  (Read 1092 times)

Bread Basket

Con McAllister & Family..Gibson St
« on: September 15, 2011, 02:05:38 PM »
Hi all. .Has anyone out there any info on Con McAllister or his family. .they lived in Gibson St.  .I think Con died sometime in the 50's.
Thanks for looking.  :-*

Timmo

Before you laugh at someone else, have a look in the mirror.

Bread Basket

Re: Con McAllister & Family..Gibson St
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 08:05:44 PM »
John McAllister 23 Gibson St 1964

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Dock_Ward__Belfast_Clifton_/Pilot_Street/131911/
Thanks Timmo....but this is not the same Con. I do however know this family who were relatives. The Con I'm searching for was born Late 1897 or early 1898....more than likely in Ballymena but may have also been in Belfast....there was an event that may have necessitated a prompt move from Belfast to Ballymena.
thanks for your time.

CMcG

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 06:40:33 AM »
If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Bread Basket

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 01:20:32 PM »
There's a couple in this list of pupils...

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/St__Anne_s_Ward/Falls_Road/182572/
Hi CMcG. .yes I already have that information. .he was orphaned and was in the St Patricks Training School at Milltown..Its his adult life and place of residence and death that I'm stuck on. .but thanks all the same for your time and effort.

maura

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 01:58:27 PM »
There's a marriage for a Constantine McAllister to a Ellen McAlinden 1st June 1919 in Belfast R.C. church urban 9
his father's a Conn McAllister

Bread Basket

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 03:26:05 PM »
There's a marriage for a Constantine McAllister to a Ellen McAlinden 1st June 1919 in Belfast R.C. church urban 9
his father's a Conn McAllister
Thats sounds pretty good Maura. .I've just found out from my Mother that Con's wife's name was Nelly ( I presume thats short for Ellen)...and yes his Father was also Con but died in 1897 ....Where did you source the info? .was it Family.org? and can you add any more. ...thank you very much for your efforts.  :-*

maura

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 03:37:05 PM »
Nellie is short for Ellen
Here the full marriage

St Pauls R.C. Belfast 1st June 1919
Constantine McAllister
age F/A
occupation labourer
address 58 Herbert st
father Conn McAllister a engineer
Ellen McAlinden
age F/A
address 5 Majorca st
father Joseph McAlinden a labourer
witnesses Patrick McAlinden & Bridget McBride

Bread Basket

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 07:53:39 AM »
Nellie is short for Ellen
Here the full marriage

St Pauls R.C. Belfast 1st June 1919
Constantine McAllister
age F/A
occupation labourer
address 58 Herbert st
father Conn McAllister a engineer
Ellen McAlinden
age F/A
address 5 Majorca st
father Joseph McAlinden a labourer
witnesses Patrick McAlinden & Bridget McBride
Maura. .your a star....thats great info....you dererve loads of kisses....  :-** :-*  .a big thank you

CannonballSoup

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 01:34:39 AM »
Hello Bread Basket,

Not sure if you'll see this (9+ years after you created this thread lol), But Constantine McAllister was my Great Grandfather, and his daughter Anne (anna) was my Grandma. I've been doing some family tree work and my search brought me to the forum here.

My grandma is no longer with us unfortunately, there is only 1 of the 4 daughters still living (Patricia/Patsy) she lives in Australia and our family hasn't been  in touch with her in a number of years unfortunately (but are trying trying). Anne ended up moving to Canada in the early 1950s and married by grandpa (who happened to be from Holywood), Kathleen & Eileen both stayed in the Belfast area.

I have 3 pictures of Con currently, one in uniform of some kind (i believe he was a medic perhaps although i really can't confirm many details), the other is group photo in front of the church at the Eileen's wedding. Will see if I can scan them and get a good upload. Would be great to put a few more names to faces in the wedding photo.

If anyone reading this and has any info they think might be relevent or, want to connect, feel free to message me. (Although im not sure how messaging works, of if my account is able to).

Cheers,

Bread Basket

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 11:54:13 AM »
Hello Bread Basket,

Not sure if you'll see this (9+ years after you created this thread lol), But Constantine McAllister was my Great Grandfather, and his daughter Anne (anna) was my Grandma. I've been doing some family tree work and my search brought me to the forum here.

My grandma is no longer with us unfortunately, there is only 1 of the 4 daughters still living (Patricia/Patsy) she lives in Australia and our family hasn't been  in touch with her in a number of years unfortunately (but are trying trying). Anne ended up moving to Canada in the early 1950s and married by grandpa (who happened to be from Holywood), Kathleen & Eileen both stayed in the Belfast area.

I have 3 pictures of Con currently, one in uniform of some kind (i believe he was a medic perhaps although i really can't confirm many details), the other is group photo in front of the church at the Eileen's wedding. Will see if I can scan them and get a good upload. Would be great to put a few more names to faces in the wedding photo.

If anyone reading this and has any info they think might be relevent or, want to connect, feel free to message me. (Although im not sure how messaging works, of if my account is able to).

Cheers,

Good morning CannonballSoup,

At last looks like I may have connected with Conís family.
As you are new to the site you will not be able to send me a PM until you have made 5 posts. To enable the PM system just make 5 random posts on any thread, eg games, and then you should be able to contact me direct.

In the meantime I will also send you a quick PM with some info..

Stay safe
👍🏼

CannonballSoup

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 02:43:42 PM »
Great to hear from you Bread! And thanks for your message as well, I will make a few posts when I get a chance to do some more browsing around the site shortly.

But to answer your question about the attached photo you sent, yes that is the same Con in the dark suit on the left of the picture! Would that be his brother with him, do you know?  The photo our family has, that I was referring to in my post, appear to be at the same wedding and to the left of Con slightly in the background looking at the Camera is his Youngest daughter Patricia.

I want to scan the photos I have properly on a printer, ideally not just a phone where it can be shadow-y on some of these older photos, so hopefully I will be able have a few for you to look at shortly

Cheers

Bread Basket

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 03:48:53 PM »
At the moment I will be able to take you back as far as your GGGG Grandfather 👍🏼

CannonballSoup

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 12:55:17 AM »
Hey Bread, just finished scanning a number of photos, was hoping to get them finished earlier so you could see them before it got to late over there, but didnt get a chance to start late tonight. Looking forward to getting your reactions / thoughts etc on them.

Also, I showed the photo you sent me to my Parents which they thought was great, the girl on the left of cons isn't Patsy like I thought, they told me it is Eileen. I believe it was Eileen went on to marry and become a Eileen Curry/O'curry.

There is a photo of Con & Patsy at her wedding sometime in the late 60s which I'm going to send you now as well. Will send them via e-mail. Will label them best I can, but if you can put any names to faces it would be a bonus.  Hopefully these are new photos you haven't seen before, I like the idea of expanding the overall collection of Mcallister photos.

Bread Basket

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2021, 12:59:33 AM »
Some of the stuff that I have will blow you away. 😁👍🏼