Author Topic: Con McAllister & Family..Gibson St  (Read 1093 times)

Bread Basket

Re: Con McAllister & Family..Gibson St
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2021, 01:13:19 AM »
My elder sister was able to tell me tha there was a connection with a family with the surname of McCurray. So looks like we are on track.

CannonballSoup

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2021, 01:37:32 AM »
Awesome, really looking forward to learning some more!. Just sent a couple pictures over to your e-mail.

Cheers!

FionaBonner

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2021, 12:51:15 PM »
Hi Guys!

Also new to this site and was trying to PM Breadbasket when I read this thread.

I'm related to the McAllisters through marriage.  My Daddy metnioned a few years ago that Pat McAllister (Boxer from Antrim) was my Grandas Uncle.

So...not really knowing anything about my Grandas family other than this, and relations in Portrush, I took this as a lead and I started a LONG search in PRONI, only to find that it was Pats wife Kate that was my greatgranny's sister!  Anyway, I got lots of information on how Con died - engine explosion, the Cornoner's inquest, read the will, and saw records of the boys' home the youngest ended up in (the big building at the top of St. James' Rd, which has been used as a hostel more recently).  Happy to share the info I have if you want it.

Fiona

Bread Basket

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2021, 12:53:32 PM »
Hi Guys!

Also new to this site and was trying to PM Breadbasket when I read this thread.

I'm related to the McAllisters through marriage.  My Daddy metnioned a few years ago that Pat McAllister (Boxer from Antrim) was my Grandas Uncle.

So...not really knowing anything about my Grandas family other than this, and relations in Portrush, I took this as a lead and I started a LONG search in PRONI, only to find that it was Pats wife Kate that was my greatgranny's sister!  Anyway, I got lots of information on how Con died - engine explosion, the Cornoner's inquest, read the will, and saw records of the boys' home the youngest ended up in (the big building at the top of St. James' Rd, which has been used as a hostel more recently).  Happy to share the info I have if you want it.

Fiona
Fiona,
As a newbie to the Forum you can not pm until you have 5 posts.

Will pm you.
👍🏼