Author Topic: The Prefabs Shore Road  (Read 2194 times)

JimAllen

The Prefabs Shore Road
« on: October 01, 2011, 06:38:46 PM »
I am looking for an old frind who lived at No5 Downview Bungalows. The family name was Creighton. Robertc1may be his brother or son. Other families were the  Pattersons, Corrs, Granny Burns, Sloans, Branagh.

allymac

Re: The Prefabs Shore Road
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 11:17:14 PM »
Re the Pattersons    would that be Tom and Isa?
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.

JimAllen

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 11:51:09 PM »
The Pattersons were Stanley and Florie who were the parents. The children at the time were Francis, Norma, Lesley and others I cannot remember.

DOFFER

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 12:16:23 AM »
I KNOW ITS A MAD REQUEST  ,BUT I ONCE WORKED WITH A LOVELY GIRL WHO LIVED IN THOSE PREFABS  HER NAME WAS LILY SHE WORKED ALONG SIDE ME IN GALLAGHERS ,,,,ANYONE RECONIZE THE NAME  AND WORK PLACE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AROUND 1956.7 ???
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'

mmcgoverne

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 10:40:40 PM »
I am looking for an old frind who lived at No5 Downview Bungalows. The family name was Creighton. Robertc1may be his brother or son. Other families were the  Pattersons, Corrs, Granny Burns, Sloans, Branagh.

Hi Jim, these names ring dim bells, my mum (Isabell Conway) mentions many of these names, she lived on the Shore Road, first in the prefabs in the 50s/60's I think, later a bit down the road at 265-9 Shore Road, where there was a garage run by my grandfather, Fred Jamison and his sons, one of whom my mum married obviously! (nb: I'm desperately seeking a picture of this garage or any of the Jamisons!)  :) 

The names Patterson and Corr definitely sound familiar, was there a Marie Patterson? If it's the same Corrs there were Doris and Agnes? I think Doris still lives nearby in Mount Vernon. Re the Creightons, I remember a Vivian who would be about the same age as my mum or a bit less (50's now?) Not sure if any of this correlates, if so please let me know and I'll enquire, but my mum had a stroke many years ago so things are a bit patchy for her.

Margaret
Looking for info re the Jamisons @ garage 265-269 Shore Rd 1950s-70s
Fred & Eliza, Ian, Clifford (Caesar) Stanley, Ken, Harold, Winnie, Phyllis, Hilda

slopet64

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 04:10:12 PM »
To JimAllen, we lived at # 13 Loughside bungaloes from 52-59. Then immigrated to Canada. I remember my closest friends at the time were Tom Tucker and Mervyn Kelly.  Family consisted of Father {David}, Mother {Florence}, children, Michael,David, Peter,Ian,Brenda and Bill.
 just found this forum and will be returning reequently,

slopet64

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 08:15:43 PM »
From slopet64, I forgot to mention our family name is Sloan

Liz51

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 08:39:53 PM »

From slopet64, I forgot to mention our family name is Sloan

did you know a willy rielly that lived in the bungalows his mum s name
was emily as was her mothers name he went out with a girl called jeanie
she had a sister that lived in the bungalowes as well  ;)

Liz51

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 08:41:26 PM »
I KNOW ITS A MAD REQUEST  ,BUT I ONCE WORKED WITH A LOVELY GIRL WHO LIVED IN THOSE PREFABS  HER NAME WAS LILY SHE WORKED ALONG SIDE ME IN GALLAGHERS ,,,,ANYONE RECONIZE THE NAME  AND WORK PLACE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AROUND 1956.7 ???

hi doffer i knew a lilly mercer who lived there she had aa brother called john

Mr brightside

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 03:49:22 AM »
Hi my family lived in 117 downview bungalows in the 1960s McWilliams anyone remember them

Bread Basket

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 06:38:12 PM »
Hi my family lived in 117 downview bungalows in the 1960s McWilliams anyone remember them

From North Thomas St?