Author Topic: Belfast to Georgia  (Read 1461 times)

joan

Belfast to Georgia
« on: October 02, 2011, 08:13:52 PM »
Anyone from Belfast living in Savannah Georgia or close by. :)

manitoba

Re: Belfast to Georgia
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 02:09:38 AM »
Hi Joan,
Welcome to BF. No was never in Savannah, closest I got was to Dublin Ga. Spent 3 three weeks there on company business in 1999. Nice town, more green in Dublin than there is in Ireland. From Belfast -Toronto - Winnipeg

wjmantrim

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »
Hi Joan ,Ilive in Cumming Georgia .I was Born and raised in the whitehouse area between the whitewell road and the Mill road.

[email protected]

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 10:23:45 PM »
I grew up in Graymount  Road until 1963,  and I live in Conyers Georgia.

James P

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 07:49:49 AM »
Hi sorry about not relying after promising to.
Next Tuesday the 22nd we are leaving for a holiday in Florida followed by a round South America cruise.
It was lovely to hear from someone who lived in Graymount and knew my sister.

I was trying to remember the people who lived in Graymount Road I remember the Shearers who had a record stall in the Smithfield Markets. The Pearsons, Minnie Miscimmons, I can remember lots of faces but only a few names

marknir

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 06:16:25 AM »
Hey Joan

I grew up in Orangefield and am living in Woodstock, Ga. Been to Savanah a few times and love it down there.

johnmc

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 02:51:31 PM »
 :hi: Hello James P    Minnie Miskimmins is still going, in her nineties. She is in a care home in Whiteabbey
                              My sister visits any time she travels to Belfast
                                       Johnmc                                     

david keon

belfast /savannah ga
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 06:42:43 PM »
I lived in graymount parade not long after it was built...went to star of the sea school (pop shrean,mcaleese brothers, mr mc hugh) beautiful school then. Fortwilliam golf club abutted the playground.Number of years later I relocated to the U.S. entered the army and was posted to
Ft Stewart Georgia spent two years there. Savannah was close-by I visited quite  often .They held a great StPatricks day Parade second only to
New York.