Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 1495839 times)

boops

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #14895 on: September 05, 2017, 08:18:23 PM »
Hi molly,It was truly lovely meeting up with you,and I look forward to seeing you again (God willing)...I hope your husband wasn't famished by the time you got back to him...love and regards to both of you ,God bless, Betty

boops

« Reply #14896 on: September 05, 2017, 08:39:17 PM »
Bill,that is lovely,God bless you both,I met my Andy in 1954 when I was 16 ,we married in 1960 and were bless with 50yrs and 6 months and  I would not have changed a single day of it.....regards and best wishes to you both,  Betty.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #14897 on: September 05, 2017, 11:07:07 PM »

hi liz,  I met Pauline when she got an interview in the mourne clothing co, ltd. in 1952,  we married in 1955 and we are still together.  she was 18 I was 19
           I am now 81 and Pauline is 80.   I have loads off photos on facebook don't know how to put them on here.
Andy I don't know how to post photos either but maybe someone could help you, I bet  everyone would love to see them, I would, and as for your ages,  they are just #'s now .   see if you can get someone to help you with those photos.   Liz
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #14898 on: September 09, 2017, 01:33:21 AM »
Hi everyone,   how's the weather where you are, ours  is not too bad, we had rain today and it came down really hard but I guess  that saves you from watering ha.   this is the end of the first week for the kids back to school  so how was that.  my friend's little G. kids started back, one on the usual first day and the little one back to Sr. KK.   on Wednesday and that went well.  I think the first week is rushed  but then it all settles down and back into routine.  I hope you all  have a great week end and good weather to with it.   take care and god bless.  Liz :-*
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #14899 on: September 11, 2017, 01:58:03 AM »
Hi everyone greetings put a post on some time ago still wondering if someone out there remembers Carol Martin if memory serves me well she possibly lived at the bottom end of Teutonic st not far from  a little mission hall which ran along the bottom of T street sorry remembering the names of some streets can be elusive at times Cheers M☺

Michael1286

« Reply #14900 on: September 11, 2017, 08:49:12 PM »
Hi hoops its lillian how are you and label doing I am just getting this sorted out hope you are ok I have had a time trying to get going on this

boops

« Reply #14901 on: September 11, 2017, 09:13:17 PM »
Hi Lillian.So good to hear from you,hope you and Jim are both keeping well ,Isobel and I had our wee annual trip to Glasgow to see family and it was laughs all the way ,,,,You know Bel !!!, we really enjoyed seeing everyone again .Lillian ,Isobel mentioned about the three of us meeting up sometime ,if so,send me a pm ....so until I hear from you again,take care and God bless, Betty.

Michael1286

« Reply #14902 on: September 11, 2017, 09:21:57 PM »
Hi Betty I can go anytime so just let me know when I'm still getting to grips with this

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #14903 on: September 17, 2017, 05:26:54 PM »
Hi everyone,  been a while since anyone has posted , I hope you are all keeping well.   we are having really nice weather and it's to last all week,  I 've been watching the birds all morning , I love watching them flying from one tree to another, wish I was able to keep a bird feeder on my balcony, I mean I can do that but I would not be able to main ten it sr?.   I was told some other people  had them on their balconies and I can see the Blue Jays , and hear them,  flying around, anyway  I hope you're having a great weekend and your weather  is good to go out and enjoy it.  take care  and god bless....Liz :-*
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #14904 on: September 20, 2017, 02:58:13 AM »
Hi Boops  my dear friend I am still chatting to my friends about the 2 lovely ladies I met up with in Glasgow hope life is being kind to you and Isobel   what a pleasure to meet you  a truly sweet and sincere lady  my love and very best wishes take care my friend   M ☺☺☺

22dave11

« Reply #14905 on: September 20, 2017, 11:56:29 PM »
Hi All,
David McIlveen here from Australia. I was over in Belfast Sandy Row area in March 2016 and I am back in May 2018.
I am looking for possible burial grounds for some of my Ancestors. I have checked the Belfast City controlled cemeteries but these people are not mentioned so I am wondering if there are any more around the Belfast area.
Samuel McIlveen died 1917 and wife Mary nee Dickson died 1913 both died at 11 Napier St Sandy Row
William McIlveen died 1894 Renwick St Sandy Row and his wife Isabella nee Baird died 1912 at Teutonic St Sandy Row
As well as any of their children. There are too many to list of course but I would like to find all possible burials for the Dickson's and Baird's if possible.
The above and their families all resided in the Sandy Row area after moving there from about 1850-60's from either Co. Down and Co. Armagh
If there is any living relatives of the above people on this Forum I would like contact.
I have located 3 living cousins to date.

Regards
David

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #14906 on: September 21, 2017, 06:39:57 AM »

Hi All,
David McIlveen here from Australia. I was over in Belfast Sandy Row area in March 2016 and I am back in May 2018.
I am looking for possible burial grounds for some of my Ancestors. I have checked the Belfast City controlled cemeteries but these people are not mentioned so I am wondering if there are any more around the Belfast area.
Samuel McIlveen died 1917 and wife Mary nee Dickson died 1913 both died at 11 Napier St Sandy Row
William McIlveen died 1894 Renwick St Sandy Row and his wife Isabella nee Baird died 1912 at Teutonic St Sandy Row
As well as any of their children. There are too many to list of course but I would like to find all possible burials for the Dickson's and Baird's if possible.
The above and their families all resided in the Sandy Row area after moving there from about 1850-60's from either Co. Down and Co. Armagh
If there is any living relatives of the above people on this Forum I would like contact.
I have located 3 living cousins to date.

Regards
David
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum,  I hope someone comes on and is able to help you.   a  lot of people come on and someone has given them some info.   I don't come from the row and wish I could  help you but it seems if you come from SR, everyone  knows someone who might or might not know you , of you, or someone who might  be able to help you.  you've given a lot of info. so I  wish  you all the best with  your search .  we  have people from Aussi land  on the forum.  Liz :)
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #14907 on: September 24, 2017, 01:40:58 PM »
good morning everyone,  I hope you are all keeping well.  It's hard to believe that we are going into October  soon and last week and next week our temps. have been high, yesterday it was near 31 can you believe that.  mind you we love it as we know what's ahead ha.  can't find my smileys.  I hope all those who posted looking for help finding family members etc. will get some help from someone , I know how frustrated you must feel or even sad but keep trying and good luck with it.  well time I was moving to get some breakfast.  I hope you all have a good day.  Liz  xxx
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #14908 on: September 30, 2017, 12:43:49 PM »
Good morning everyone,  can you believe one more day and we are into October .  now I know you love to hear about our weather ha, right now it is cold,  yep we went from heat waves  to almost freezing overnight and you wonder why you get sick.   we still have the sun which is out right now and our temps are going  up through the week, but I guess comparing it to all those floodings we are not having it bad.   I bet somewhere in the middle of October before Halloween is even over we'll have the Christmas stuff coming out.  I like it when they bring the Spring stuff out in January or February as it means summer is round the corner but not the other way round.  I hope you have a great day where ever you are and the rest of the weekend too.   take care and god bless....I'm of now for some breakfast.   Liz :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #14909 on: October 12, 2017, 10:36:10 PM »

hi everyone,  it's been  a while since  anyone has posted so I thought I would check and see what was wrong, I hope you are all keeping well  and now we are almost in the middle of October  , our Thank giving is over and next  is Halloween.  there was a thing on tv today about children or even adults that wore head masks , they said they could be lice in them  with other people renting them  or even trying them on , and told you what to do just in case.  I guess no one thinks of things like that but it makes your skin crawl just thinking of it.  Our weather just dropped and it's wet and cold.  well I hope you all take care and keep well.. Liz :-*
sixtyniner