Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 1920233 times)

Jimmy Patterson

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #15270 on: November 28, 2018, 04:34:23 AM »
Scotland my aunt and uncle billy and edna patterson lived in kenmare st.

muckles

« Reply #15271 on: November 28, 2018, 09:40:45 PM »
Hi Muckles I lived in Hurst St in 1962 bought a house in Kenmare St the following year and lived there until 1971 previous to then I lived in Matilda St  from about the mid 50,s went to the local schools then to Kelvin if memory serves me well the Todd family I remember had like myself blonde hair lovely faced little kiddies hope this helps you  Cheers M ☺☺

Scotland:
The only kids in my Granny's house would be us grandkids.  We lived in Soudan Street, up off the Donegall Road.  You may have been thinking of us when we visited.  I had blond hair.  My two sisters had fair hair, and black hair.
It's not enough that we do our best;
sometimes we have to do what's required.
Go n-eírí an bóthar leat is do chasán cóngaír

scotland

« Reply #15272 on: December 02, 2018, 02:44:19 AM »
To all the folk in Sandy Row MERRY CHRISTMAS  From Scotland Cheers M 😀

scotland

« Reply #15273 on: December 07, 2018, 01:02:53 AM »
JP I lived next door to them  they lived at number 4 if memory serves me well I remember a few years ago I may of mentioned  Edna got me a job in Eve,s hat shop name of street escapes me possibly North St of Donegal Ave  a lovely elegant lady and Billy a handsome man all in all a lovely couple and of course if memory serves me well their son Terry (apologies if it,s wrong but somehow that name sticks in my memory) a quiet young man and very pleasant  it was a pleasure to have them as neighbours .Were you related to Billy or Edna ? , Cheers M Very best wishes to you and yours for the festive season and the new year

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #15274 on: December 07, 2018, 08:12:41 AM »
Billy was my mums brother he was very handsome he wasn't very old when he died and edna wasn't long after him. I think the shop was in north st.terry finished up as a deputy head master and lives up the Malone road with his wife. I always see him when I go home.

scotland

« Reply #15275 on: December 09, 2018, 09:15:36 PM »
JP many happy memories of Kenmare St give Terry my best wishes and ask him if he remembers the young couple who lived next door at number 6 I left in 1971 moved to Lisburn almost 2 years after my second daughter Kimberley was born  think Terry was at college then Best Wishes for the festive season and 2019 really nice to have contact with family of long ago but not forgotten friends and neighbours Cheers M 😀

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #15276 on: December 10, 2018, 09:48:55 AM »
Terry asked me to pass on best wishes to you and your family for christmas.