Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 1934028 times)

john kennedy

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #15300 on: February 06, 2019, 06:14:22 PM »
Hi Scotland yes Iam doing ok I have just lost a friend after 40 years it's sad but he had cancer I hope everything is well with you and that Martha is fine I think the last time I was on you said she was ill I hope she is ok now and I am thinking of her   Any will speak to you again soon I am off to Yorkshire this weekend to see my daughter she lives in Harrogate   John :P

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15301 on: February 07, 2019, 02:09:50 PM »
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE, JUST A WEE SHORT HI.  I LOVE SEEING  ALL THESE POSTS.  IT MEANS PEOPLE  ARE , I HOPE, GETTING  INTERESTED  IN THE THREAD AGAIN.   I HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING SAFE AND WELL.   OUR WEATHER IS NOT GOOD SO I HOPE YOURS IS.   TAKE CARE.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #15302 on: February 09, 2019, 09:01:34 PM »
Enjoy your trip to Yorkshire John Martha lives in Newtonards but sadly is in the first stages of dementia however she recognised me when I went to visit her my younger sister lost her husband last year she as living in Middlesbrough but she has moved to Scotland to be close to me she now only lives about 5 miles from our village I hadn't seen her for 28 years Cheers M😃😃

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15303 on: February 09, 2019, 09:52:57 PM »
Enjoy your trip to Yorkshire John Martha lives in Newtonards but sadly is in the first stages of dementia however she recognised me when I went to visit her my younger sister lost her husband last year she as living in Middlesbrough but she has moved to Scotland to be close to me she now only lives about 5 miles from our village I hadn't seen her for 28 years Cheers M😃😃

SCOTLAND THAT SOUNDS LIKE A HAPPY ENDING TO A  STORY ,  GOOD FOR YOU ALL.   LI :-* Z
sixtyniner

john kennedy

« Reply #15304 on: February 10, 2019, 04:25:37 PM »
hi scotland i am in yorkshire at the moment i am so sarry to hear about martha iwaas intending to go to belfast with my daughter this year with the view to see martha i still intend to go to show my daughter where i used to live i know it has changed but i will never forget what it was like willspeek to you when i get home    john ::)

scotland

« Reply #15305 on: February 12, 2019, 12:22:51 AM »
Thanks John the last time I went to see the Donegal Rd and Sandy Row was several years ago  and it hurt so much to see the old place gone very little of the Row was left only one or two shops were opened I have,nt went back there it,s to sad no one spoke to me it felt such a lonely place but by all means it would still be nice to show your daughter the area where you grew up and were you were a teddy boy Best wishes to you and your family M😃😃