Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 1986499 times)

JamesyMurphy

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #15330 on: March 24, 2019, 08:53:42 PM »
Hi boops and Jimmy I'm still not a 100 percent sure of them to be honest I can't remember any grass at blythefield and I know a lot of the faces but they could be a bit younger than me I know I was in kelvin then ,they could still have been in blythefield,don't you just hate not being able to get things right,not to worry there still great pictures.

boops

« Reply #15331 on: March 25, 2019, 11:57:56 PM »
James ,the pictures may have been taken in the quadrangle at the windows of the old cookery or science classrooms of the old Linfield Intermediate School where I and probable some of your family attended a long time ago though it seems like yesterday to me.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #15332 on: March 26, 2019, 01:41:51 AM »
Boobs I was thinking the girls photo is kelvin but I can't help thinking the football team is the last year at a primary school. I'm thinking of tin top their colours were red and blue.

DJ

« Reply #15333 on: March 26, 2019, 09:04:14 AM »
Boobs I was thinking the girls photo is kelvin but I can't help thinking the football team is the last year at a primary school. I'm thinking of tin top their colours were red and blue.

Jimmy, both photos are from Blythefield Primary school. I was speaking with one of the girls in the photo who I know and she confirmed it.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #15334 on: March 26, 2019, 09:38:40 AM »
Thanks dj.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15335 on: March 26, 2019, 11:24:22 AM »
GUYS, BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR  POSTINGS AND SO GLAD YOU SORTED IT.   HA.  LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

Highway66

« Reply #15336 on: April 18, 2019, 05:59:35 PM »

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15337 on: April 18, 2019, 06:35:19 PM »
GREAT PHOTO HW 66.  I OFTEN WONDER IF ANYONE LOOKING IN SAW THIS OR ANY OTHER PHOTO, SAW THEMSELVES IN THEM , HOW WOULD THEY FEEL SEEING THEMSELVES  SO LONG AGO.  I OFTEN WONDER WHERE THOSE PEOPLE ARE NOW.  I BET MANY COURTING COUPLES SAT IN THE LITTLE CAFE. HA.  LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

boops

« Reply #15338 on: April 18, 2019, 09:56:21 PM »
yes Liz,They bring back lots of memories for me ,each Saturday my mammy and I did our shopping,the egg store where the ladies are standing at was our last stop
and then we went into the chippy next door for our fish suppers, a cuppa and a rest before heading back home again....so a big thanks to HW66 for showing them.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15339 on: April 19, 2019, 12:06:15 AM »
yes Liz,They bring back lots of memories for me ,each Saturday my mammy and I did our shopping,the egg store where the ladies are standing at was our last stop
and then we went into the chippy next door for our fish suppers, a cuppa and a rest before heading back home again....so a big thanks to HW66 for showing them.
BOOPS I BET IF YOU THINK BACK, GOING SHOPPING WITH YOU MOMMY  AND KNOWING AT THE END  YOU WOULD  HAVE  FISH AND CHIPS, SOUNDS SO NICE.  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

boops

« Reply #15340 on: April 20, 2019, 01:45:41 PM »
Liz,My young sister would look after my children while mammy and I nipped into Sandy Row to shop, then when she got married she joined us , it was lovely, the Row was always teeming with people and everybody knew each other ,so someone  always said hello or stopping  you to have a yarn ,one family in particular the Curliss girls would call us the' Dolly sisters',honestly Liz,looking back ,I preferred those time to life now ...there isn't the same camaraderie.,, people seem to be happier walking along looking at their mobile phones, .maybe its just me getting older and having a wee moan though!!!!Anyway Liz have a happy Easter and God blessxxx

boops

« Reply #15341 on: April 20, 2019, 01:49:23 PM »

A HAPPY EASTER TO ALL
                             God Bless.

John  3 : 16

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15342 on: April 20, 2019, 11:45:13 PM »
Liz,My young sister would look after my children while mammy and I nipped into Sandy Row to shop, then when she got married she joined us , it was lovely, the Row was always teeming with people and everybody knew each other ,so someone  always said hello or stopping  you to have a yarn ,one family in particular the Curliss girls would call us the' Dolly sisters',honestly Liz,looking back ,I preferred those time to life now ...there isn't the same camaraderie.,, people seem to be happier walking along looking at their mobile phones, .maybe its just me getting older and having a wee moan though!!!!Anyway Liz have a happy Easter and God blessxxx
NO BOOPS YOU'RE RIGHT, PEOPLE  WALK ALONG WITH THEIR NOSES IN THOSE PHONES, I'M SURPRISED THEY DON'T WALK INTO A LAMP POST, SORRY DO THEY STILL HAVE THOSE HA.    EVEN WALKING DOWN TOWN YOU ALWAYS MET SOMEONE  NO MATTER WHERE YOU WENT AND STOPPED FOR A FEW MINUTES TO SAY  HA.  THE ONLY TIME THEY STOP NOW IS IF THEY HAVE BUMPPED INTO SOMEONE  TALKING INTO THEIR PHONES.  I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY EASTER TOO.  GOD BLESS.  LOVE LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15343 on: May 01, 2019, 12:54:51 AM »
I STARTED A POST AND IN THE MIDDLE MY PHONE RANG AND  WHEN I WAS FINISHED I HAD STARTED TO WRITE TO A FRIEND.  ANYWAY I'M TOO TIRED TO START AN OTHER LONG ONE SO I'LL JUST END THIS ONE AND COME BACK AGAIN.   TAKE CARE .  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

GandT

« Reply #15344 on: May 01, 2019, 08:06:40 PM »
I came on to this thread at one stage with a question about accordion bands and was reading through some of the memories and accounts of the place, the times and the characters. There was a guy [at least I assumed it was a guy] who had written some very good pieces - at times humorous or quite serious and touching. I always thought he could have been a good Belfast short-story writer but I haven't seen anything by him for years. In fact, I think I said in a couple of posts that he should sit and work on a few serious drafts of stuff. 'Pennyfeather', I think. Anyone know if he ever did any writing?