Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 1952854 times)

boops

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #15345 on: May 01, 2019, 10:18:50 PM »
I have never heard of Billy[Pennywhistle] ever  writing  any of his hilarious  stories into books, if he ever did ,I for one would love to read them.
He was the life and soul of this thread and is greatly missed ...It would be a treat to log in some day and see a pennywhistle post again ...so Billy if you still look in from time to time why not give us another wee yarn.    God bless, you, Kate and family x

urneygirl

« Reply #15346 on: May 01, 2019, 10:49:17 PM »
boops, Wouldn't it be lovely if Billy dropped in to surprise us.  He really was a great storyteller and he held nothing back. :D

boops

« Reply #15347 on: May 02, 2019, 09:11:25 PM »
How right  you are  Ruby,he really had the gift of the gab,I only hope and pray that all is well with him.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15348 on: May 13, 2019, 05:51:03 AM »
HI EVERYONE, I KNOW IT'S PAST YOUR BED TIME, MINE BUT YOU COULD BE GETTING UP RIGHT NOW , OVER THE POND, HA. I'LL  BE GOING BACK TO BED MYSELF.   I JUST NOTICED IT'S BEEN ALMOST 2 WKS SINCE THE LAST POST.   I HOPE EVERYONE IS KEEPING WELL, IT'S THE MIDDLE  OF MAY AND  OUR WEATHER IS COLD AND RAINY.  I HOPE YOUR'S IS BETTER.   THIS WAS MOTHER'S DAY TODAY, SUNDAY, I KNOW  YOUR'S HAS PAST BUT FATHER'S DAY IS IN JUNE, SAME HERE, WISH THEY WOULD HAVE BOTH DAYS THE SAME.   I BET YOU'VE STARTED PLANTING  YOUR FLOWERS AND VEGS.  IN THE GARDEN, OVER HERE, ONT. THEY RECOMEND  WAITING TILL MAY THE 24 OR 28, SORRY I CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH.  BY THAT TIME THE GROUND SHOULD BE WARMED UP.  WELL TIME FOR BED.  SO I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEK , KEEP WELL.  LIZ   XXXX
sixtyniner

tomcollins

« Reply #15349 on: Yesterday at 02:05:21 AM »
GREAT PHOTO HW 66.  I OFTEN WONDER IF ANYONE LOOKING IN SAW THIS OR ANY OTHER PHOTO, SAW THEMSELVES IN THEM , HOW WOULD THEY FEEL SEEING THEMSELVES  SO LONG AGO.  I OFTEN WONDER WHERE THOSE PEOPLE ARE NOW.  I BET MANY COURTING COUPLES SAT IN THE LITTLE CAFE. HA.  LIZ  XXX
I remember being there with Valerie Stewart... I still feel guilty about standing her up one night..

tomcollins

« Reply #15350 on: Yesterday at 02:27:50 AM »
I remember being there with Valerie Stewart... I still feel guilty about standing her up one night..

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15351 on: Yesterday at 04:01:16 AM »
HI TOM,  AND SHAME ON YOU FOR STANDING HER UP. HA.  SHE MUST HAVE BEEN SOMETHING FOR YOU TO FEEL GUILTY ALL THESE YRS.   I HAVE DONE THAT MYSELF BUT  BEING YOUNG AND FOOLISH I NEVER THOUGHT  NOTHING OF IT.  I DO NOW.   SOMETIMES  YOU SAID YES TO GET AWAY FROM THEM, THEY MIGHT HAVE BEEN YAHOOS.  ANYWAY WOULDN'T IT BE SOMETHING IF SHE SAW THIS  AND CAME ON .  LIZ  XXX     PS. I MEANT TO SAY,  YOU LOOK NICE AND IS THAT A GREY HOUND OR A WHIPET. 
sixtyniner

tomcollins

« Reply #15352 on: Yesterday at 05:25:46 AM »
HI TOM,  AND SHAME ON YOU FOR STANDING HER UP. HA.  SHE MUST HAVE BEEN SOMETHING FOR YOU TO FEEL GUILTY ALL THESE YRS.   I HAVE DONE THAT MYSELF BUT  BEING YOUNG AND FOOLISH I NEVER THOUGHT  NOTHING OF IT.  I DO NOW.   SOMETIMES  YOU SAID YES TO GET AWAY FROM THEM, THEY MIGHT HAVE BEEN YAHOOS.  ANYWAY WOULDN'T IT BE SOMETHING IF SHE SAW THIS  AND CAME ON .  LIZ  XXX     PS. I MEANT TO SAY,  YOU LOOK NICE AND IS THAT A GREY HOUND OR A WHIPET.

No Valerie was a really nice Girl , who knows why we do things when we are young , still it was not a very nice thing to do. My life would probably have been different and much shorter if I had not behaved in such a despicable way. So perhaps God does work in mysterious ways!
The Dog is a Greyhound bitch , her name was Milltown Molly taken behind 51 Lake Street , Donegall Pass , about 1964/65.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15353 on: Yesterday at 04:25:46 PM »
No Valerie was a really nice Girl , who knows why we do things when we are young , still it was not a very nice thing to do. My life would probably have been different and much shorter if I had not behaved in such a despicable way. So perhaps God does work in mysterious ways!
The Dog is a Greyhound bitch , her name was Milltown Molly taken behind 51 Lake Street , Donegall Pass , about 1964/65.
SHE SOUNDS LIKE A NICE GIRL, DO YOU WONDER WHERE SHE IS TODAY OR DO YOU KNOW?.  SO SHE'S A  GREYHOUND ,  I GUESS  HER NICK NAME IS M.M.  HA.   DID YOU RACE HER OR WAS SHE JUST A PET.  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

tomcollins

« Reply #15354 on: Today at 02:57:12 AM »
SHE SOUNDS LIKE A NICE GIRL, DO YOU WONDER WHERE SHE IS TODAY OR DO YOU KNOW?.  SO SHE'S A  GREYHOUND ,  I GUESS  HER NICK NAME IS M.M.  HA.   DID YOU RACE HER OR WAS SHE JUST A PET.  LIZ XXX

Yes I often wonder about Valerie and the older I get the more  (LIKE MANY THINGS) it [/size][size=78%]haunts me , but that is like a lot of things we do through life.[/size]
The GREYHOUND was a racing dog , then we bred a few litters from her.. But like all the greyhounds we had they were pets to me.