Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 2042136 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #15375 on: June 22, 2019, 02:06:27 PM »
GOOD MORNING  EVERYONE,  IT'S SEEMS WE ARE HAVING ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY, WELL IT DID TURN  ON THE 1ST DAY OF SUMMER HA.  WE'VE HAD A LONG WET SPRING.  I HOPE EVERYONE IS KEEPING WELL AND HOPEFULLY  FREE OR AT LEAST NOT IN SO MUCH PAIN.  I  HOPE YOU ARE HAVING NICE WEATHER AS WELL.  IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE  JULY IS NEAR UPON US , THIS YEAR SEEMS TO BE FLYING PAST AND AS WE GET OLDER THIS IS SOMETHING WE DON'T LIKE HA.  THE KIDS WILL BE STOPPING SCHOOL  SO YOU'LL HAVE THEM FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS AND THAT'S HARD WHEN YOU ARE WORKING AND HAVE TO START  TRYING TO ENTERTAIN THEM.  AFTER THE FIRST WEEK THEY SEEM TO GET BORED.  GOOD LUCK  WITH THAT.   TAKE CARE AND KEEP WELL.  LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15376 on: June 28, 2019, 04:11:25 AM »
HI GUYS, I GUESS OUR SUMMER HAS COME, WE ARE HAVING HIGH TEMPS WITH  HUMIDITY, I HATE THE HUMIDITY,  NOW WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR THE RAIN WHICH WE WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT SOME WKS AGO. HA. WIMBILTON WILL BE STARTING  NEXT WK SO I HOPE THE  WEATHER  WILL STAY GOOD FOR THAT.    CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHO IS NOT PLAYING FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER, USUALLY IT'S  INJURIES.   WONDER IF ANDY MURRY  WILL BE IN.  ANYWAY  I BET THE GARDENERS ARE PLEASED WHEN THE SUN SHINES,  OVER HERE THEY JUST LOVE IT NOW AND ALL THE RAIN WE  HAD HAS THEIR GARDENS  LOOKING SO GREEN AND THE PLANTS AND FLOWERS ARE ALL COMING UP.  WELL TAKE CARE AND HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING WELL.  LIZ  XXXX
sixtyniner

citizen1894

« Reply #15377 on: June 29, 2019, 01:43:35 AM »
Hi

My late uncle Eric Mercer came from Sandy Row, Gaffikan street.Did anyone know him?

Cheers.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15378 on: June 29, 2019, 01:39:20 PM »
Hi

My late uncle Eric Mercer came from Sandy Row, Gaffikan street.Did anyone know him?

Cheers.
WELCOME TO THE FORUM CITZEN,  SO MANY PEOPLE  HAVE RELATIVES THAT CAME FROM SANDY ROW,  WERE YOU EVER IN IT.  I HOPE  SOMEONE WILL COME ON AND LET YOU KNOW ABOUT YOUR UNCLE.   BUT I HOPE YOU COME BACK AGAIN AND LET US KNOW HOW  YOU ARE KEEPING,  IF YOU WANT.   LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

boops

« Reply #15379 on: June 29, 2019, 10:04:22 PM »
I remember the Mercer family living in Gaffikin st. I think they lived about the middle of the street,they attended  Blythe st., Primary School ,while I was there ...along,long time ago!! I don't remember an Eric,I think there was a Norman I recall a girl named Maureen ,but I think she was a Mercer from Utility st., It's a pity none of the fellows from the Row have  been on the thread for a while, as  some of them would probably remember him,anyway take care and as Liz said welcome to the Forum.

boops

« Reply #15380 on: June 29, 2019, 11:19:56 PM »
Hi Liz ,hope you are well and enjoying the good weather,don't forget to get your strawberries and ice cream in for the Wimbledon Season.It's great to see Andy Murray back,my daughter-in-law and her sister managed to get tickets for the centre court so I hope he is playing on the day they are there as she will be over the moon if he is.
We had some thunder and lightening today,thankfully it didn't last too long,I was in the garden the other day doing some weeding and I must have been close to an ants nest,my legs are covered in ant bites which are very red and painful,the doctor gave me a cream which is helping , and told me to stay out of the garden for a while, hopefully it will clear up soon, so no gardening for me for the foreseeable future !!
                                                                             Take care and God bless,
                                                                                                Betty xx

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15381 on: June 30, 2019, 05:41:16 AM »
Hi Liz ,hope you are well and enjoying the good weather,don't forget to get your strawberries and ice cream in for the Wimbledon Season.It's great to see Andy Murray back,my daughter-in-law and her sister managed to get tickets for the centre court so I hope he is playing on the day they are there as she will be over the moon if he is.
We had some thunder and lightening today,thankfully it didn't last too long,I was in the garden the other day doing some weeding and I must have been close to an ants nest,my legs are covered in ant bites which are very red and painful,the doctor gave me a cream which is helping , and told me to stay out of the garden for a while, hopefully it will clear up soon, so no gardening for me for the foreseeable future !!
                                                                             Take care and God bless,
                                                                                                Betty xx
OH BOOPS, I HOPE YOUR LEGS CLEAR UP SOON,  TG THEY ARE  NOT ITCHY AS  IT WOULD DRIVE YOU CRAZY TRYING NOT TO  SCRATCH.   AT LEAST YOU WON'T HAVE TO DO ANY GARDENING  FOR A BIT HA.  PEOPLE KEEP SAYING  ABOUT WEEDING, WHEN I HAD A GARDEN I NEVER WEEDED, I JUST CUT THE GRASS AND EVEN LEFT IT LYING THERE.  OH WELL I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT STUFF LIKE THAT ANYMORE.  I JUST HAVE TO GO OUT INTO THE GARDEN AND SIT AND ENJOY IT HA.   I'M MISSED SEEING HIM PLAYING, HE SEEMS TO HAVE HAD A LOT OF INJURIES , IT'S A PITY THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS TO A LOT OF THE TENNIS PLAYERS , THEY  HAVE TO RETIRE  AND CAN'T PLAY ANY MORE.  I'M DELIGHTED TO HEAR YOUR D.I.L. AND HER SISTER GOT TICKETS.  AND IN THE CENTER COURT, A BONUS WOULD BE HIM PLAYING THERE  ON THE DAY THEY GO.  HA.  WELL TAKE CARE OF THOSE ANT BITES.   LIZ   XXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15382 on: July 09, 2019, 07:05:25 PM »
HI GUYS,  JUST LOOKED AND SAW  HOW LONG IT'S BEEN SINCE THE LAST POST ON HERE.   I GUESS PEOPLE ARE REALLY BUSY NOW THAT SUMMER HAS COME, I HOPE THEY ARE OUT AND ENJOYING THE NICE WEATHER.  I TALKED TO MY SISTER  YESTERDAY AND SHE TOLD ME IT WAS POURING , HOPE THAT GOES.  I KNOW WE NEED IT FOR THE GRASS AND PLANTS BUT  WE NEED A TAN AND NOT FROM RUST, I JUST HAD TO GET THAT IN, HA.   I GUESS WITH THE KIDS OUT OF SCHOOL THE  PARENTS ARE BUSY  AND SOON THE KIDS WILL GET BORED  IF THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO.   WELL THEY ARE OF FOR 2 MONTHS.   WELL I HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING WELL  AND THE GARDENERS, I HOPE ALL YOUR PLANTS ETC ARE ALL COMING UP  WELL.   SO  MAYBE YOU COULD SEND A PHOTO OF THEM, WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL THOSE FLOWERS, I BET THEY LOOK BEAUTIFUL.  ANYWAY TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS.  LOVE LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

tomcollins

« Reply #15383 on: July 09, 2019, 11:57:04 PM »
HI GUYS,  JUST LOOKED AND SAW  HOW LONG IT'S BEEN SINCE THE LAST POST ON HERE.   I GUESS PEOPLE ARE REALLY BUSY NOW THAT SUMMER HAS COME, I HOPE THEY ARE OUT AND ENJOYING THE NICE WEATHER.  I TALKED TO MY SISTER  YESTERDAY AND SHE TOLD ME IT WAS POURING , HOPE THAT GOES.  I KNOW WE NEED IT FOR THE GRASS AND PLANTS BUT  WE NEED A TAN AND NOT FROM RUST, I JUST HAD TO GET THAT IN, HA.   I GUESS WITH THE KIDS OUT OF SCHOOL THE  PARENTS ARE BUSY  AND SOON THE KIDS WILL GET BORED  IF THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO.   WELL THEY ARE OF FOR 2 MONTHS.   WELL I HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING WELL  AND THE GARDENERS, I HOPE ALL YOUR PLANTS ETC ARE ALL COMING UP  WELL.   SO  MAYBE YOU COULD SEND A PHOTO OF THEM, WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL THOSE FLOWERS, I BET THEY LOOK BEAUTIFUL.  ANYWAY TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS.  LOVE LIZ  XXX
Winter ....Few Flowers..[size=78%]

tomcollins

« Reply #15384 on: July 09, 2019, 11:58:30 PM »

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15385 on: July 10, 2019, 12:20:48 AM »
TOM I KNOW IT'S WINTER WHERE YOU ARE BUT WHERE'S THE SNOW HA,  NOW ABOUT THIS TIME IN OUR WINTER WE WOULD BE UP TO OUR NECKS IN IT.  THANKS FOR POSTING THE PHOTO IS THAT YOUR GARDEN.  JUST LOOK AT THAT SKY.   LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

tomcollins

« Reply #15386 on: July 10, 2019, 02:19:40 AM »
TOM I KNOW IT'S WINTER WHERE YOU ARE BUT WHERE'S THE SNOW HA,  NOW ABOUT THIS TIME IN OUR WINTER WE WOULD BE UP TO OUR NECKS IN IT.  THANKS FOR POSTING THE PHOTO IS THAT YOUR GARDEN.  JUST LOOK AT THAT SKY.   LIZ  XXX
The snow is currently 600 kms south west of here ..a 5 hour drive...
http://snowymountains.com.au/destination/thredbo

tomcollins

« Reply #15387 on: July 10, 2019, 05:27:45 AM »

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15388 on: July 10, 2019, 07:06:05 AM »
The snow is currently 600 kms south west of here ..a 5 hour drive...
http://snowymountains.com.au/destination/thredbo
TOM HAVE YOU EVER GONE  THERE?   LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF SNOW BUT STILL NONE IN YOUR GARDEN HA.  LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

tomcollins

« Reply #15389 on: July 10, 2019, 07:58:26 AM »
TOM HAVE YOU EVER GONE  THERE?   LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF SNOW BUT STILL NONE IN YOUR GARDEN HA.  LIZ  XXX
I have been there , taken my youngest son. But I cannot Ski .
I used to take him to Queenstown NZ South Island  , and Mount Ruapehu in the North Island.