Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 1973223 times)

Addison

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #15405 on: July 20, 2019, 05:50:23 PM »
My wife who came from the Donegal road said was it Egmont st. or Utility st. on the right.
Old age is always 15 years older than I am.

RobinB

« Reply #15406 on: July 20, 2019, 11:04:53 PM »
Hi, Was there a family called Carlisle in Egmont Street. Daughter Kathleen, son Sammy and another daughter called Nan (I think)

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #15407 on: July 20, 2019, 11:22:40 PM »
It's egmont st robin.

Highway66

« Reply #15408 on: July 21, 2019, 02:27:48 PM »
Hi Folks, when you crossed over the wee wooden bridge straight in front of you was the "clay hill" with steps leading directly down into Egmont street.   To the right of the bridge when you had crossed it was Utility Street. There was a family by the name of Carlisle that lived in Mabel Street, there was Marie, Kathleen, Nan and Sammy   :)

RobinB

« Reply #15409 on: July 21, 2019, 04:28:12 PM »
Thanks all for your replies, good information

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15410 on: July 27, 2019, 02:41:27 AM »
HI EVERYONE,  IT REALLY STARTED GOING THERE AND I WAS PLEASED TO SEE HOW MANY WERE LOOKING FOR INFO.  AND THE RESPONCES THEY GOT.  HOW ARE YOU COPING  WITH THE HEAT.  WE ARE HAVING HOT AND HUMID  WEATHER AT THE MOMENT AS WELL BUT IT'S OUR SUMMER AND  WE EXPECT  IT.  I BET THE SHOPS  GOT A RUN ON THE FANS.   WELL I HOPE YOU FIND SOME WAY TO KEEP COOL AND DON'T GO OUT IN IT,  IT'S CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS  TO YOUR HEALTH.  TAKE CARE.   LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15411 on: August 07, 2019, 12:29:52 PM »
GOOD MORNING  EVERYONE, JUST A WEE  LINE  TO SEE IF EVERYONE IS DOING OK.    OUR WEATHER IS STILL HOT AND HUMID AND I HEARD  FROM MY SISTER, BELFAST, THAT IT WAS HOT THERE TOO.    I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL LIKELY GOING ON HOLIDAY SO I HOPE YOU HAVE SAFE JOURNEYS THERE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.   DID I TELL YOU I GOT A NEW BED,  THIS BED IS CALLED A HOSPITAL BED AND IT LETS ME GET IN AND OUT WITHOUT HAVING TO USE MY KNEES  LIKE I USE TO. IT WAS MURDER ON THEM,  THE BED RAISES UP AND DOWN  SO I CAN GET OUT WHEN IT'S HIGH AND LOW SO I CAN CLIMB IN WITH OUT ALL THE RIG M' ROLL I USE TO GO THROUGH HA.  NEVER THOUGHT THE DAY WOULD COME WHEN I WOULD NEED A BED LIKE THAT, SO LONG AS IT HELPS ME.  ANYWAY I HOPE  YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES ARE ALL KEEPING WELL.  TAKE CARE.  LIZ  XXXXX
sixtyniner

RobinB

« Reply #15412 on: August 09, 2019, 07:20:31 PM »
Could anyone provide me with more later information on the Carlisle family?

tomcollins

« Reply #15413 on: August 10, 2019, 06:28:13 AM »
GOOD MORNING  EVERYONE, JUST A WEE  LINE  TO SEE IF EVERYONE IS DOING OK.    OUR WEATHER IS STILL HOT AND HUMID AND I HEARD  FROM MY SISTER, BELFAST, THAT IT WAS HOT THERE TOO.    I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL LIKELY GOING ON HOLIDAY SO I HOPE YOU HAVE SAFE JOURNEYS THERE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.   DID I TELL YOU I GOT A NEW BED,  THIS BED IS CALLED A HOSPITAL BED AND IT LETS ME GET IN AND OUT WITHOUT HAVING TO USE MY KNEES  LIKE I USE TO. IT WAS MURDER ON THEM,  THE BED RAISES UP AND DOWN  SO I CAN GET OUT WHEN IT'S HIGH AND LOW SO I CAN CLIMB IN WITH OUT ALL THE RIG M' ROLL I USE TO GO THROUGH HA.  NEVER THOUGHT THE DAY WOULD COME WHEN I WOULD NEED A BED LIKE THAT, SO LONG AS IT HELPS ME.  ANYWAY I HOPE  YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES ARE ALL KEEPING WELL.  TAKE CARE.  LIZ  XXXXX
Move over "Room for Two"
[size=78%]

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15414 on: August 10, 2019, 02:40:19 PM »
Move over "Room for Two"
[size=78%]
YOU TOO  TOM HA.....LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

boops

« Reply #15415 on: August 10, 2019, 10:53:08 PM »
Robin,I think the Carlisle family lived in Mabel st.,which was off Utility st ., I remember they used to sell Newspapers, there was a boy named John who would frighten the English /History Teacher,in Linfield Inter,. School , by climbing up to the window and pretending to jump out,she coped very well with him ,then his mum  or the Headmaster would talk to him and the excitement was over until the next time,I don't think he meant any harm... just enjoyed annoying the teachers.
 Sorry but I don't know what happened to the family as so many families moved away when the area was knocked down and less houses were built in place of the old ones ,hope you are able to get in touch with your friend , so don't give up                         
                                                                                                              best wishes , boops

RobinB

« Reply #15416 on: Yesterday at 06:00:45 PM »
Thanks BoopsVery kind of you to take the time to reply to me, much appreciated
Robin

scotland

« Reply #15417 on: Today at 03:40:07 AM »
Welcome to the forum Cheers M

scotland

« Reply #15418 on: Today at 03:42:37 AM »