Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 1998011 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #15435 on: September 21, 2019, 04:49:43 AM »
Hi im new to the forum. was just interested if anyone knew my granda Billy audley from Albion street, i was only six when he died. I would love to know more about him.
HI DAVEMAC, WELCOME TO THE SR THREAD.  I'M SURE THERE ARE SOME ON HERE WHO MIGHT KNOW YOUR GD AND  MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.  SOMETIMES IT TAKES A WHILE  BUT I HOPE  YOU GET SOME HELP.  GOOD LUCK AND  COME BACK AGAIN  AND MAYBE YOU COULD TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF.   I LIVE IN ONT. CANADA AND HAVE DONE SINCE 74.  IF YOU COME BACK I'LL TELL YOU MORE HA.  LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

Margatemick

« Reply #15436 on: September 26, 2019, 03:09:55 PM »
Hi Chuck85, I believe David Hanna was my Grandfather William's Brother. I have recently started looking into my family history and although my Grandfather has passed away whilst looking on the 'British Newspaper archive' website, the Censuses in 1901 and 1911 and the 'Irish genealogy' website I have found a few things about Davey but would like to know as much as possible.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15437 on: September 26, 2019, 10:14:18 PM »
Hi Chuck85, I believe David Hanna was my Grandfather William's Brother. I have recently started looking into my family history and although my Grandfather has passed away whilst looking on the 'British Newspaper archive' website, the Censuses in 1901 and 1911 and the 'Irish genealogy' website I have found a few things about Davey but would like to know as much as possible.
HI MM.  WELCOME TO THE SR THREAD AND GOOD LUCK WITH  DOING YOUR FAMILY HISTORY.    HOPE YOU  HAVE HELP WITH IT.  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #15438 on: September 27, 2019, 02:12:50 AM »
Hi Daveemac 1 Did your granda Billy ever live in Matilda St ,I knew a family of Audleys about 12 doors down from us Sally Marie Gladys (my chum) and I think there was a young boy called Billy their granny had a sweety shop could have been in Albion St  ,hope this may be of some help to you  Welcome to the forum family Cheers M😀😀

JamesyMurphy

« Reply #15439 on: September 30, 2019, 12:23:28 AM »
Hi Scotland I think the lad your talking about is Ronnie Audley they lived 2nd or 3rd house up from the corner of felt st apologies for butting in.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15440 on: September 30, 2019, 02:26:02 AM »
Hi Scotland I think the lad your talking about is Ronnie Audley they lived 2nd or 3rd house up from the corner of felt st apologies for butting in.
HI JAMES,  WELCOME TO THE FORUM AND NO ONE IS EVER "BUTTING  IN"  WHEN THEY COME ON THIS OR ANY OTHER THREAD AND  GIVES INFO.   YOU'RE VERY WELCOME TO COME ON ANYTIME YOU LIKE AND I HOPE YOU WILL COME BACK AGAIN.  I LOVE IT WHEN SOMEONE COMES ON AND IS ABLE TO GIVE SOME INFO TO SOME ONE LOOKING FOR INFO  ON SOMEONE OR A FAMILY.  ETC.   AGAIN WELCOME.  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

boops

« Reply #15441 on: October 01, 2019, 09:02:43 PM »
Hi Davemack, There was a Billy Audley  who lived in Blythe st ., about two doors up from Blythe st.,Primary  school, my father knew this Billy since they were boys and I knew his daughter Shirley and used to think how lucky she was to live so close  to the school ,as we all had to go in through the back gate in Matilda st.,perhaps he was related to your granda,....there was also a Bobby Audley who was a cutter and later a boss in the Albion Clothing  Company..., but I think  he lived in Kitchener st.,although originally from Sandy Row ,Keep on the SRF ,you never know,someone out there must remember him!!
                                                                                                                                      God bless
                                                                                                                                                      B

boops

« Reply #15442 on: October 01, 2019, 09:18:16 PM »
Hi Margatemick, Welcome,  it's great to see new posters coming on ,
Did your Hanna's live in Renfrew st.,as there were a couple of Hanna families who lived there ,I worked in the Albion clothing factory with a girl named Nan Hanna from that street ,she was also in the Salvation Army and  I think she had a brother named Willie ,perhaps a relation of yours ?

scotland

« Reply #15443 on: October 02, 2019, 11:58:19 PM »
Hi JM you are correct about where they lived 3rd house the young  lad who lived with the Audleys was called Ronnie but I think his mum was possibly called Lily and they lived with the Audleys maybe related to Billy,s wife again I am trying to rack my brains but his wife I think was called Mary ,I used to go with them to Conlig for a week in the summer their granny had a cottage it had gas lighting outside toilet ,I can still recall the musty smell you got from old cottages in the mid 50s we loved going there and used to hide when it was time to go home,

Welcome to the forum Cheers M ☺☺

scotland

« Reply #15444 on: October 03, 2019, 12:08:38 AM »
Hi Liz good to see you are still keeping an eye on things and welcoming new members will catch up with you soon Cheers M😁😁

Hi Boops nice to see you on the forum hope you and Isobel are keeping well the jellytots are keeping well Jordi is 6 in November ,the twins Kaylah and Cole will be 5 in December  and Kane is 18 months all getting big and bold Best Wishes M😀😀

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15445 on: October 06, 2019, 01:01:54 AM »
Hi Liz good to see you are still keeping an eye on things and welcoming new members will catch up with you soon Cheers M😁😁

Hi Boops nice to see you on the forum hope you and Isobel are keeping well the jellytots are keeping well Jordi is 6 in November ,the twins Kaylah and Cole will be 5 in December  and Kane is 18 months all getting big and bold Best Wishes M😀😀
THANKS MANDY,  JUST SAW I HAD NOT BEEN GETTING MY SR POSTS FOR A FEW DAYS.  BETTER LATE THAN NEVER.  ANYWAY  I HOPE WE GET MORE OF OUR OLDER POSTERS  AND EVEN NEW ONES , LOVE HEARING FORM THEM AND  HOW THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING ON AND ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ALL TALK ABOUT STREETS AND PEOPLE YOU KNEW IN THEM, JUST THINK, DID YOU EVER  IMAGINE  ONE DAY YOU WOULD BE  WRITING ABOUT THAT ON THE INTERNET HA.   I THINK YOU ARE ALL SO LUCKY THAT YOU CAN  COME ON HERE AND TALK ABOUT YOUR STS AND PEOPLE IN THEM, I CAN'T DO THAT AS I REALLY NEVER HAD A ST.  EXCEPT WHEN WE WERE VERY YOUNG AND LIVED WITH MY GRANNY IN A WEE COBBLED ST. AND THEN WITH ANOTHER GRANNY, HA. ON A RD.  LORD I'M  GETTING SO , DON'T KNOW WHAT THE WORD WOULD BE, I WAS LIKE THAT THIS MORNING  , THOUGHTS OF LONG AGO WERE COMING INTO MY HEAD , I'M AFRAID NOT TOO NICE ONES,  A FRIEND RANG , SHE DOES NOT USUALLY RING THAT EARLY, BUT SHE MUST HAVE BEEN MEANT TO THIS MORNING AND TOOK ME OUT OF MY MOOD, SHE USUALLY DOES.  SORRY I'M RATTLING ON AGAIN. KEEP WELL GIRL AND ALL THE FAMILY.   LIZXXXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15446 on: October 08, 2019, 08:53:26 PM »
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD CHECK UP ON MY OTHER POSTS AS I JUST REALISED I HAD NOT BEEN GETTING MY "MOVIES" POSTS.  I SEE IT'S BEEN  A FEW DAYS , I THOUGHT IT WAS LONGER.  I HOPE EVERYONE IS KEEPING WELL.  OUR WEATHER IS GOING UP AND DOWN, GETTING COLD AT NIGHT.  I SEE IN A FEW WKS TIME ACROSS THE POND YOU WILL BE PUTTING THE CLOCKS BACK  AND THEN OURS WILL GO BACK THE FOLLOWING WK. IT HAD ALWAYS BEEN  THE LAST WK IN OCT. BUT NOW IT'S THE WKEND AFTER HALLOWEEN.  THAT'S GOOD FOR THE KIDS, IT  KEEPS IT LIGHT OUTSIDE FOR THEM GOING TRICK OR TREATING. HA.  BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE MY KIDS DID THAT.  ANYWAY  TAKE CARE AND KEEP WELL. LIZXXXX
sixtyniner