Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 2005875 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #15450 on: October 27, 2019, 04:25:37 PM »
Sorry Liz Happy belated birthday wishes we almost shared a birthday sign  Good luck and god bless M 😀😀
HI MANDY, DON'T EVER WORRY ABOUT  POSTING  AS I KNOW YOU HAVE A BUSY JOB ALONG WITH MANY OTHER THINGS ON THE GO.    JUST POST OR WRITE WHEN YOU HAVE THE TIME.   THANK YOU FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES.   LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

john kennedy

« Reply #15451 on: October 27, 2019, 05:08:36 PM »
A very happy. Birthday Lizzie I hope you have a really good one lots of love  John xxxx

john kennedy

« Reply #15452 on: October 27, 2019, 05:22:31 PM »
Hi Scotland I will. Never forget Martha I will pray she gets better I wish I could see her but I can't travel very well I will send her a Christmas card again this Christmas and a photo as well  I have been watching the rugby World Cup my son supports wales as he was born there he played for wales under16 till he got ill he don't play anymore because of it it was a shame really as he was a great player .he holds the record for try's in the west country as a loose head prop anyway I will speak to you soon  john

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15453 on: October 27, 2019, 09:13:15 PM »
A very happy. Birthday Lizzie I hope you have a really good one lots of love  John xxxx
THANKS JOHN, LONG TIME  BUT GLAD YOU'VE COME BACK AGAIN.  I'M SORRY TO HEAR ALL YOUR TROUBLES, THEY NEVER SEEM TO COME  AND THEN  ALL AT ONCE.  HOPE YOU KEEP WELL.  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #15454 on: November 01, 2019, 09:58:26 PM »
Hi JK  I know she will never forget you there is a lasting link between you ,she is such a loving sweet person  I will try and arrange a link up over Christmas ,and hopefully get a chance to speak and see her  Take care my friend Regards M☺☺

john kennedy

« Reply #15455 on: November 04, 2019, 03:43:25 PM »
Thanks for that Scotland it would be great I don't think anybody forgets there first love sometimes I wish thing would have worked out for us but it was not ment to be the last time I saw Martha was when my father died  she was at the corner of terney street on the Donegal road I believe she was still in my heart then I will speak to you soon  John

JamesyMurphy

« Reply #15456 on: November 09, 2019, 05:19:53 PM »
Hi Maimie,would you be related to Jamesy Murphy who lived in Matilda St.I also knew a Jimmy Leckie who lived not. too far away from James,both were in Blythe St boys club.

Hi wgs just read your post did you know my da we were from Matilda st but not related to the Maimie above

JamesyMurphy

« Reply #15457 on: November 09, 2019, 06:07:54 PM »
I have mentioned Workmans Junior Primary on here on a number of occasions, but there have been no replies that I can remember. I was there until 1961 and the classmates I can remember were John Walsh (whose dad taught in Kelvin), Phyllis McCartney, David Webster from Schomberg Street, Calvert McCutcheon and maybe Harold Stinson? from around Majestic Street. I can't remember any other names but can remember the teachers: Miss Gillespie, Miss Williamson, and Mrs McCaul. Anyone else on here have any stories about Workmans?
[/quote

Hi Bruce Wayne regarding your post, I lived a couple of houses away from Phyllis McCartney, John walsh lived further up the street from us, I knew a Norman Webster and was in the same class as (flint) Harry Stainton but unfortunately haven't seen or heard from any of them in 50 years, think normam Webster is on the sandy row site sorry can't be of more help

JamesyMurphy

« Reply #15458 on: November 09, 2019, 06:41:00 PM »
Hi Belfastboy just remembered there was a shop up the street from us sorry can't remember the name we lived at167 Matilda St further up was our Pe Teacher think he could,be been from Malta a lovely man Billy McAuley wife and kiddies and the Walsh family twin girls the Red fern sisters Meta and Greta ,and about 4 doors down their gran Mrs Kirkham then 2 doors below our family the Craig's remember the Robinson's related to the McAuleys in Utility St PS the shop was almost facing Mabel St Cheers M
[/qu

Think that shop was turner's opposite oswald St, sorry I can't place you at all Scotland as I know most of the people you've mentioned

john kennedy

« Reply #15459 on: November 09, 2019, 09:07:36 PM »
Hi everyone it has been guit on here lately  I have been talking to someone from Belfast about old times and the old kitchen houses we lived in hunter street Matilda street it was good times we did not.have mush but what we had we where happy with  I remember old school friends Ben bell Alex mc a lister Albert whinchester Alex Harrison.  The old model lodges house in Matilda street run by John Morton who had only one leg I am sure there is others who remember them anyway hurry up and come back and talk of old times.   John

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #15460 on: November 10, 2019, 03:25:45 AM »
John did you know alex passes away a couple of years ago.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15461 on: November 10, 2019, 09:10:49 AM »
John did you know alex passes away a couple of years ago.
SO GLAD TO SEE  A BIT OF LIFE  ON NOW.  KEEP IT UP GUYS.   LIZXXX
sixtyniner

john kennedy

« Reply #15462 on: November 10, 2019, 09:27:53 AM »
Starry to hear that jimmy alex and Mary where good friends my house was just behind there's I ones saved the little girl from a serious injury when she fell of the table head first  I cought her just before she hit the ground  I believe she died a few years later when I was in England   Nice to hear from you Liz I hope everyone comes back for a wee chat    John

JamesyMurphy

« Reply #15463 on: November 10, 2019, 04:32:31 PM »
Looking for info as creating my family tree...does anyone remember the Guiney family who lived in Matilda street my grandfather was William Guiney and his wife Elizabeth (Lily) Guiney. Thanks 😀

Hi kittykatt, I was brought up in Matilda st and I used to go to your granny's my da was friends with Alex and I spent most Sundays running back and forth to swap books for them always bloody cowboy books, there is a picture of your granny on the sandy row site on Facebook she is with some neighbours at the arch in matilda st sorry I don't know how to post it on here for you but if you go to the site click on pics and look through them cheers hope this will help.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15464 on: November 10, 2019, 06:07:59 PM »
Starry to hear that jimmy alex and Mary where good friends my house was just behind there's I ones saved the little girl from a serious injury when she fell of the table head first  I cought her just before she hit the ground  I believe she died a few years later when I was in England   Nice to hear from you Liz I hope everyone comes back for a wee chat    John
THANKS JOHN,  I LOVE TO SEE  OLD AND NEW FACES POSTING.  I GUESS  PEOPLE THINK THEY HAVE SAID IT ALL,  NEVER,   SO MAYBE THEY WILL COME BACK AND CHAT FOR A FEW MINS.  TAKE CARE.  LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner