Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 2009544 times)

JamesyMurphy

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #15465 on: November 10, 2019, 10:11:15 PM »
HI GUYS,  WELL THIS TIME I'M GONNA SURPRISE YOU BY ASKING ABOUT SOMEONE  WHO COMES AND  I BELIEVE STILL LIVES IN  SANDY ROW.  HIS NAME IS BILLY CRISTIE, NOT SURE IF THE CRISTIE IS SPELT RIGHT.  BUT HE HAS LIVED THERE MOST OF HIS LIVE .  HE WOULD NOT KNOW ME BUT MY SISTER  AND THAT'S ALL I CAN TELL YOU  FOR NOW.   I KNOW HOW MANY COME ON HERE AND ASK AND I ALWAYS TELL THEM THAT IF SOMEONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THE PERSON THEY ARE LOOKING FOR,  THERE WILL BE SOMEONE COME ON WHO KNOWS THEM,  KNOWS SOMEONE WHO KNOWS  THEM,  HA.   THANKS IN ADVANCE.  LIZ :-*

Hello liz just seen this post from you I knew most of the Christies they were friends of my da, Davy mostly but Billy lived across the street from me when I went back for a couple of months and as it happens I was working with a fella in Nottingham a big rangers supporter who had been to Belfast for the 12th obviously we got talking and he said he had stayed in sandy row next thing he rings someone and handed me the phone it was only Billy Christie this was about 4or5 years ago but what a coincidence, don't know if he is still there.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15466 on: November 11, 2019, 04:42:03 AM »
Hello liz just seen this post from you I knew most of the Christies they were friends of my da, Davy mostly but Billy lived across the street from me when I went back for a couple of months and as it happens I was working with a fella in Nottingham a big rangers supporter who had been to Belfast for the 12th obviously we got talking and he said he had stayed in sandy row next thing he rings someone and handed me the phone it was only Billy Christie this was about 4or5 years ago but what a coincidence, don't know if he is still there.
HI JAMESY,  I KNEW OF A BILLY CHRISTIE FROM SR MANY MOONS AGO.  I DIDN'T KNOW HIM VERY WELL BUT MY SISTER DID.  IF HE'S THE SAME BILLY  MY SISTER USE TO CHUM IT WITH  SOMEONE WHO USE TO GO WITH HIM  AND FROM WHAT MY SISTER  TELLS ME HE USE TO VISIT  MY SISTER  ONCE A YR.  COULD BE HE'S NOT BUT WHO KNOWS.  LIZ  XXXXXXX   JUST CAME BACK TO MY POST WHEN I REALISED IT WAS FROM LAST YR.  NEXT TIME I TALK TO MY SISTER I MUST ASK  HER.  IF I REMEMBER HA.
sixtyniner

arkie two

« Reply #15467 on: November 11, 2019, 11:47:28 AM »
ANY POSTER REM. WEE ADAM CASEMENT.

ulsterdigger

« Reply #15468 on: November 12, 2019, 02:29:15 AM »
are you talking about Adam from city st sandy row he was a carter  his brother SAM lived in Hurst street                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              they were married to sisters Anne and Tilly who were my great aunts  daughters                                                                                                         

arkie two

« Reply #15469 on: November 12, 2019, 08:45:28 AM »
yes ulsterdigger. that's him. I worked with him in the n. I. c. gros. rd. a wee gentleman. thank you.
                                                                                                                                   arkie.

scotland

« Reply #15470 on: November 30, 2019, 12:20:04 AM »
Hi JM  I remember Alex and Mary I also remember a man who rented out bikes for thruppence an hour by the time you got halfway up the street you had a puncture ,or a pedal falling off not forgetting the brakes or the lack of them What fun!! we had in those days !!

Hi John hope you are keeping well and memories bring you comfort  I love a stroll down memory lane yes there can be sadness but I must admit I mostly end up laughing tears rolling down my cheeks thinking of my childhood it could be hard but also funny and loving ,To this day I love my sisters and brother as much if not more than I did then take care my friend M☺☺  M

scotland

« Reply #15471 on: November 30, 2019, 12:25:26 AM »
Liz dear friend will be in touch through pm you are never far from my thoughts take care my friend love and best wishes are winging their way to you M☺☺

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15472 on: December 01, 2019, 09:54:19 AM »
Liz dear friend will be in touch through pm you are never far from my thoughts take care my friend love and best wishes are winging their way to you M☺☺
OH MANDY,  JUST COME ON WHEN YOU HAVE THE TIME.   I KNOW YOU ARE A BUSY LADY  AND  I BET YOU HAVE ALL YOUR  STUFF READY FOR CHRISTMAS HA.   I GOT MY FIRST CARD  AND I WAS THE ONE  WANTED TO BE  THE FIRST TO SEND MINE.  I GOT STARTED  ABOUT A MONTH AGO BUT THAT WAS THAT HA.    I HAVE BEEN DOING THEM IN BATCHES  SO THEY'RE COMING.   HOPE YOU ARE KEEPING WELL AND THAT NEW LITTLE G.G.GRAND BABY AND MOTHER ARE DOING OK.  I KNOW THE BABY IS NOT DUE YET BUT HOPE THINGS ARE OK.   TAKE CARE.  LOVE LIZ. XXX
sixtyniner