Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 2048498 times)

john kennedy

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #15525 on: April 25, 2020, 03:00:56 PM »
Liz a Belfast man was on his last legs in hospital he ask for his family and witnesses to be at his bedside he called his first son and told him all my houses on the Donegal road and sandy row are now his he then called his second son and told him all his office buildings in the city centre where now his then he called his daughter and said all the flats on the shore road where now hers he then said all the bungalows in banger where now hers he then past away the nurse turns to the wife and said I thought he did not have a penny to scratch his bum with he most have worked so hard to be so rich and own all them buildings  what said the wife he was a bloody window cleaner. Ha ha   I hope it makes you laugh Liz xxx

scotland

« Reply #15526 on: May 14, 2020, 08:58:05 PM »
Just a flying visit to wish you well Liz and John keep safe still in lockdown here don't know about you but I find all this resting very tiring LOL I prefer to out and about 8 weeks of this is too long hopefully will be over soon take care Cheers Mandy😷😷

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15527 on: May 16, 2020, 06:50:10 PM »
Liz a Belfast man was on his last legs in hospital he ask for his family and witnesses to be at his bedside he called his first son and told him all my houses on the Donegal road and sandy row are now his he then called his second son and told him all his office buildings in the city centre where now his then he called his daughter and said all the flats on the shore road where now hers he then said all the bungalows in banger where now hers he then past away the nurse turns to the wife and said I thought he did not have a penny to scratch his bum with he most have worked so hard to be so rich and own all them buildings  what said the wife he was a bloody window cleaner. Ha ha   I hope it makes you laugh Liz xxx
JOHN THAT WAS FUNNY.  LIZXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15528 on: May 16, 2020, 06:54:36 PM »
Just a flying visit to wish you well Liz and John keep safe still in lockdown here don't know about you but I find all this resting very tiring LOL I prefer to out and about 8 weeks of this is too long hopefully will be over soon take care Cheers Mandy😷😷
HI MANDY,  SO GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU.  YOUR EARS MUST HAVE BEEN BURNING, HA. I WAS TALKING ABOUT YOU TO MY  FRIEND AND   WONDERING HOW THINGS WERE IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS.  I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND NOT JUST FROM ALL THE RESTING.   A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE GETTING BORED AND SOME ARE LUCKY ENOOUGH TO BE ABLE TO WORK FROM HOME.  MY FRIEND'S SON IN LAW AND MY DAUGHTER AND HER HUSBAND CAN WORK FROM HOME.    RIGHT NOW WE ARE HAVING NICE WEATHER,  IT'S BEEN RAIN  UP TILL NOW BUT TODAY  THE SUN IS SHINNING.   SO I WISH ALL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY  GOOD HEALTH AND KEEP SAFE.  LOVE LIZ XXXXXXX
sixtyniner

john kennedy

« Reply #15529 on: May 22, 2020, 01:01:01 PM »
Liz a man and his wife booked into a hotel for one night in Dublin the next morning they went to the reception desk and ask the manager for the bill yes sir said the manager that will be 300 euro what said the man that's dear for one night the manger replied this is a 5 star hotel sir you have the golf course the swimming pool and the massage parlour  but I did not use any of them replayed the man well said the manager it was there if you wanted them the man then reply will you take a cheque yes said the manager the man handed the cheque over but sir I said 300euro this is for 50 euro yes replayed the man I have dedicated 250 euro what for said the manager for making love to my wife replied the man  but I did not make love to your wife sir well said the man she was there if you wanted her   Hope it makes you laugh again Liz we need something to smile about lots of love john xx

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15530 on: May 22, 2020, 06:00:09 PM »
Liz a man and his wife booked into a hotel for one night in Dublin the next morning they went to the reception desk and ask the manager for the bill yes sir said the manager that will be 300 euro what said the man that's dear for one night the manger replied this is a 5 star hotel sir you have the golf course the swimming pool and the massage parlour  but I did not use any of them replayed the man well said the manager it was there if you wanted them the man then reply will you take a cheque yes said the manager the man handed the cheque over but sir I said 300euro this is for 50 euro yes replayed the man I have dedicated 250 euro what for said the manager for making love to my wife replied the man  but I did not make love to your wife sir well said the man she was there if you wanted her   Hope it makes you laugh again Liz we need something to smile about lots of love john xx
THANKS JOHN THAT WAS FUNNY AND THESE DAYS  IT'S  GOOD TO BE ABLE TO  LAUGH ABOUT SOMETHING. HA.    THE OTHER DAY TALKING TO MY FRIEND I SAID,  CAN YOU IMAGINE THE WHOLE WORLD HAS BEEN AFFECTED. GET YOUR BRAIN AROUND THAT, THE WHOLE WORLD.   IT WILL END  AND THEN  WE CAN ENJOY  WHAT USE TO BE "NORMAL".   KEEP SAFE AND STAY WELL MY FRIEND.  LIZ XXXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15531 on: June 10, 2020, 04:01:45 AM »
HI EVEYONE,  NOTICED THAT IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE POSTING ON HERE SO I'VE JUST DROPPED IN TO SAY HI.  I GUESS WE ARE  ALL IN THE SAME BOAT OVER THIS VIRUS.   STAYING IN,  LINING UP AT THE STORES ETC.  SAME OVER HERE BUT THEY ARE SLOWLY STARTING TO LET PLACES OPEN WITH  MUCH PRECAUSION.   ANYWAY I HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING WELL AND STAYING SAFE AND YOUR FAMILIES AS WELL. I'M SURE MANY OF YOU  HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO  VISIT YOUR FAMILY OR EVEN FRIENDS.    I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE  IF KEEPING YOUR DISTANCE.   IT WILL END.  GOD BLESS.  LIZ XXXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15532 on: July 07, 2020, 05:07:25 PM »
HI EVERYONE,  BEEN  A WHILE  SINCE POSTING SO I HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING  WELL AND STAYING SAFE.    RIGHT NOW WE ARE HAVING  VERY HOT AND HUMID WEATHER  WITH  HEAT WARNINGS.    MY SISTER , BELFAST,  WAS SAYING YOU WERE HAVING RAIN AND THAT IS SOMETHING WE NEED RIGHT NOW, I KNOW, WE COMPLAINED  BECAUSE WE HAD BEEN HAVING TOO MUCH BUT  IT'S SUMMER  AND  WE NEED IT HA.   ANYWAY    TAKE CARE.  LIZ XXXXX
sixtyniner

tomcollins

« Reply #15533 on: July 14, 2020, 03:26:07 AM »
Looks like you are a Lonely Little Petunia in an Onion Patch... Great to see your posts..
https://www.facebook.com/brenda.erai/videos/10207719922454850/?__cft__[0]=AZUNBesZ3L7HlpDOndyS63gsPCUPC-Blzsf4SBsSxbCubJVMmKTAhIlk1nbLDTa-1v89FvdOIGxJTOaY-ybQxiA4L7YnayXT1M3ov29Gt6ACrU5dkZFOk7ABA2C9Y0gRUZHQvWfzomsAzXiKS8zUH0yl&__tn__=-UK-R

boops

« Reply #15534 on: July 14, 2020, 11:41:00 PM »
Tom ,  I think our Liz is more like a rose in a rose garden.than a Petunia,she has been carrying this thread on for ages and  though  not  from Sandy Row  she is an Honoured member.
all we 'Rowites' owe a lot to Liz for keeping things going ...so Three Cheers and a big thank you Liz  !!!
    God bless everyone and keep safe
                                                          boops

boops

« Reply #15535 on: July 15, 2020, 12:18:26 AM »
Hi Liz, It would be lovely if some of our posters would sign in now and again ,just to let us know how they are keeping .hope you are keeping safe and well ,....since lockdown I have been trying to try to do as much as I am able to,I managed to powerhose the tiles in back garden, unblock a drain and do some weeding. as  well as   watching a lot of Coronation st .,I started scrolling through Youtube looking for church services and then found Corrie  from 1960 and am now up to 2011 ...I don't watch every show as I do not like a lot of  the story lines but I must say I think the old black and white and early coloured  ones quite funny....  have to go now  so Good night  and God blessxxx

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15536 on: July 15, 2020, 10:28:02 PM »
Hi Liz, It would be lovely if some of our posters would sign in now and again ,just to let us know how they are keeping .hope you are keeping safe and well ,....since lockdown I have been trying to try to do as much as I am able to,I managed to powerhose the tiles in back garden, unblock a drain and do some weeding. as  well as   watching a lot of Coronation st .,I started scrolling through Youtube looking for church services and then found Corrie  from 1960 and am now up to 2011 ...I don't watch every show as I do not like a lot of  the story lines but I must say I think the old black and white and early coloured  ones quite funny....  have to go now  so Good night  and God blessxxx
HI  TOM AND BOOPS,  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THOSE  KIND AND  LOVELY THINGS YOU SAID ABOUT ME.   I FELL FOR THIS  THREAD SINCE I STARTED  POSTING ON IT AND WAS SAD  WHEN   PEOPLE STOPPED POSTING.   I KNOW   A LOT  OF PEOPLE ARE BUSY  WITH THEIR FAMILIES AND WORK   AND  SOMETIMES  HAVE NOT MUCH TIME  OR ARE TIRED.   MY  OWN THREAD  IS THE SAME,  A LOT OF  OLDER  POSTERS   HAVE  STOPPED   POSTING  AS WELL AND MANY OF THEM HAVE GONE OVER TO FB.   IT WOULD BE NICE IF  SOME OF THEM , I'M TALKING ABOUT THE  CTD AND  THE SR THREADS ,  WOULD JUST POST AND LET US KNOW THEY ARE STILL WITH US HA.    IT'S SAD THAT A FEW TIMES   WE HAD TO LEARN  ABOUT SOME ONE'S PASSING  MUCH  LATER   AND FROM SOMEONE ELSE.    WELL I HOPE  THINGS ARE  SLOWLY IMPROVING AND  YOU ARE ALL KEEPING WELL AND STAYING SAFE.   PLEASE TAKE CARE.  LIZ XXXXXXX
sixtyniner

tomcollins

« Reply #15537 on: July 16, 2020, 12:27:01 AM »
 :P :D  ;)  :) I hope we both have a long journey before passing.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15538 on: July 17, 2020, 08:42:32 PM »
:P :D ;) :) I hope we both have a long journey before passing.
HI TC,   I HOPE SO TOO HA.   BUT SAD NEWS  IS, MY FRIEND HAD  TO  TAKE HER DOG  TODAY AND HAVE HER  PUT TO SLEEP.  SHE IS BREAKING HER HEART,  SHE HAD TRIED TO  PUT HER OUT PAIN   AS  MUCH AS POSSIBLE BUT IT WAS NOT WORKING SO  THIS IS WHAT SHE HAD TO DO.  LIZ  :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15539 on: July 31, 2020, 05:26:01 AM »
HI EVERYONE,  I KNOW IT'S PASSED MOST OF OUR BEDTIMES  BUT MIGHT EVEN BE GETTING UP TIME FOR OTHERS :D .   THOUGHT I WOULD DROP IN AND SEE HOW THINGS WERE GOING.   STILL NOT TOO MANY  POSTING BUT MAYBE IN TIME.   WE ARE SLOWLY  STARTING TO  OPEN UP MORE NOW, THEY CALL  IT STAGE 3 AND  EVEN TALKING ABOUT  THE KIDS  GOING BACK TO SCHOOL IN SEPTEMBER  BUT A LOT OF PLANNING  HAS TO BE DONE FIRST,  MORE TEACHERS  HIRED, ETC. LESS KIDS IN THE CLASS ROOM.   BUT THEY HAVE BEEN OF FOR A LONG TIME .  SOME OF THE RESTURANTS  ARE LETTING PEOPLE IN TO SIT BUT AGAIN  SOCIAL DISTANCING , MASKS GOING IN AND COMING OUT.  OUR CITY HAS PASSED A LAW   THAT FACE MASKS BE WORN IN ALL PUBLIC  PLACES AND PUBLIC INDOOR  PLACES AS WELL.    IT'S SLOWLY  COMING .  I HOPE YOU ALL ARE KEEPING WELL AND STAYING AS SAFE AS YOU CAN.   LIZ :-* :-*
sixtyniner