Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 2055756 times)

john kennedy

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #15540 on: August 03, 2020, 07:32:05 PM »
Hi Liz I am glad you are keeping well I myself go to a farm every morning to help an old friend and keep him company he had a stroke a year ago and can't speak very well I do most of the talking for him and drive him around he is 86 myself I am 77 but I like helping on the farm it keeps me from being miserable and I feel younger for it I think it is good for us all to help someone that can't do for themselves any way keep safe Liz I believe everyone on here thinks the world of you as I do I will speak again lots of love john xx

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15541 on: August 04, 2020, 06:50:16 AM »
Hi Liz I am glad you are keeping well I myself go to a farm every morning to help an old friend and keep him company he had a stroke a year ago and can't speak very well I do most of the talking for him and drive him around he is 86 myself I am 77 but I like helping on the farm it keeps me from being miserable and I feel younger for it I think it is good for us all to help someone that can't do for themselves any way keep safe Liz I believe everyone on here thinks the world of you as I do I will speak again lots of love john xx
HI JOHN,  THANK YOU FOR THOSE VERY KIND WORDS.  I BET YOUR FRIEND IS  VERY GRATEFUL FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND IT SOUNDS LIKE HE DOES NOT  HAVE ANY FAMILY . WHAT DOES HE HAVE ON THE FARM,  I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW.   I KNOW YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT HELPING PEOPLE, IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD .  I HAVE A GOOD FRIEND WHO   PICKS UP MY GROCERIES,  I DO MY SHOPPING ON LINE,  SHE GOES  AND PICKS THEM UP,  THE BRING THEM OUT AND PUT THEM IN HER CAR AND  FOR THAT I'M GLAD, BEFORE THAT SHE USE TO  DO THE SHOPPING, SHE PUTS THEM AWAY  AND WE USE TO SIT AND CHAT BUT NOW IT'S HARD BECAUSE OF THE VIRUS.  NO HUGGING OR TOUCHING.  I MISS THE HUGGING .  SHE    DOES  A LOT FOR OTHERS AS WELL.   WELL JOHN  I MUST GO   I'VE A GROCERY LIST TO START :D .   TAKE CARE, STAY SAFE AND KEEP WELL.  LIZ   :-* :-*
sixtyniner

JohnKelly

« Reply #15542 on: August 04, 2020, 10:16:02 AM »
HI JOHN,  THANK YOU FOR THOSE VERY KIND WORDS.  I BET YOUR FRIEND IS  VERY GRATEFUL FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND IT SOUNDS LIKE HE DOES NOT  HAVE ANY FAMILY . WHAT DOES HE HAVE ON THE FARM,   ..Truncated Message

:hi: - Hi John Kennedy and Liz, hope you don't mind me butting in but I am always interested in farm topics; I would also like to know in what country the farm is in and what does he farm; I hope its not dairy farming for in my book that is the hardest way of life.

Cheers.

john kennedy

« Reply #15543 on: August 04, 2020, 08:51:06 PM »
Hi all the farm I work in is mostly horses that have retired from raceing we also have sheep so it's not that hard I also help to rebuild old tractors we are in the West Country near Bristol and Gloucester it's a good life I injoy hope you are all keeping well and don't forget your shopping list Liz xxx

JohnKelly

« Reply #15544 on: August 05, 2020, 02:24:59 AM »
Hi all the farm I work in is mostly horses that have retired from raceing we also have sheep so it's not that hard I also help to rebuild old tractors we are in the West Country near Bristol and Gloucester it's a good life I injoy hope you are all keeping well and don't forget your shopping list Liz xxx

You help to rebuild old tractors!! - coming from a rural background I have an interest in antique tractor restoration and belong to a couple of tractor forums.

I know of a farmer in country Victoria who has a shed full of old tractors that would be worth a fortune and I would love to get my hands on one to restore. I have photos of them all and here are a couple of examples of one of my favourite which is the Fordson Major E27N.

I know, change of topic from Sandy Row to Vintage Tractors ::)

There is a company in Northern Ireland that does tractor restoration and has a very interesting website,

http://www.kearneyvintagetractors.co.uk/

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15545 on: August 05, 2020, 06:02:14 AM »
TO BOTH JOHNS, I LOVE THIS.  YOU BOTH HAVE THE SAME  INITIALS, SR?   YOU  BOTH  LIKE TRACTORS,  AND I LOVE THE VET SHOWS  AND THE  ONES  WE HAVE  THAT SHOW THE VETS GOING OUT TO THE FARMS TO  SERVICE THE ANIMALS.  IT SHOWS THEM WITH THEIR ARMS  RIGHT UP TO THEIR SHOULDERS  YOU KNOW WHERE ON THE COWS,  THAT PART I CAN'T WATCH :D   I BET IT'S ALL HARD WORK  AND A SEVEN DAY JOB.    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.   KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE.  LIZ  :-* :-*
sixtyniner

JohnKelly

« Reply #15546 on: August 05, 2020, 08:02:04 AM »
TO BOTH JOHNS, I LOVE THIS.  YOU BOTH HAVE THE SAME  INITIALS, SR?   YOU  BOTH  LIKE TRACTORS,  AND I LOVE THE VET SHOWS  AND THE  ONES  WE HAVE  THAT SHOW THE VETS GOING OUT TO THE FARMS TO  SERVICE THE ANIMALS.  IT SHOWS THEM WITH THEIR ARMS  RIGHT UP TO THEIR SHOULDERS  YOU KNOW WHERE ON THE COWS,  THAT PART I CAN'T WATCH :D   I BET IT'S ALL HARD WORK  AND A SEVEN DAY JOB.    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.   KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE.  LIZ  :-* :-*

Hey Liz, this could be you,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcPQX6VsVjY

;)

john kennedy

« Reply #15547 on: August 05, 2020, 08:51:33 PM »
Hi john the picture you show of the old fordsun is the one I have just done it took a year to get it up to a good standard we have just sold it to a chap who has a handicapped child and takes him for rides on it we are doing an old grey at the moment I hope you keep your hand in its great fun and after all the grafting to set back and admire your work  anyway speak to you soon stay safe ho and lots of love to Liz   John

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15548 on: August 10, 2020, 06:59:24 PM »
Hey Liz, this could be you,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcPQX6VsVjY

;)
JOHN THAT LADY SEEMS TO KNOW HER WAY AROUND  A TRACTOR  :D   SHE WOULD MAKE OR MAYBE SHE IS,  A FARMER'S WIFE.  SO INSTEAD OF THE LITTLE LADY  SITTING AT HOME BAKING ETC, SHE'S OUT IN THE FIELD  MENDING  THE TRACTOR :D   
THANKS  JOHN  KEN.  FOR ALL THAT LOVE  :D [size=78%] LIZ[/size] :-* :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15549 on: August 22, 2020, 10:01:53 AM »
HI GUYS,  IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE  THAT AUGUST IS ALMOST OVER ISN'T IT.   THE KIDS GETTING READY  TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL  BUT IN A  MUCH DIFFERENT  WAY THIS TIME.    THE KIDS WILL FIND IT  SO DIFFERENT  AND  HOPEFULLY NOT  BAD.    OUR KIDS  HAVE   2 WKS   IN WHICH TO  RETURN,  IF THEY ARE RETURNING,   I'M SURE ONCE THEY DO  THEY WILL GET USED TO IT.   OUR WEATHER  IS STILL NICE , WELL IT'S STILL SUMMER HA.    MORE  SHOPS ARE  OPENING  AND PEOPLE ARE  GOING OUT  MORE NOW.    SO LONG AS  PEOPLE   KEEP TO THE RULES   THINGS SHOULD BE  GETTING BETTER.   I HOPE  YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES  ARE ALL KEEPING SAFE AND WELL.    LIZ :-* :-*
sixtyniner

tomcollins

« Reply #15550 on: August 22, 2020, 11:43:45 PM »
Almost the end of August....Its almost the end of 2020 , I never thought I would reach this far.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15551 on: August 24, 2020, 07:57:26 PM »
Almost the end of August....Its almost the end of 2020 , I never thought I would reach this far.
WELL TC,  GOOD GOING HA.   I CAN'T BELIEVE  IT'S ALMOST SEPTEMBER HA.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15552 on: September 07, 2020, 05:24:28 AM »
HI EVERYONE,  INTO SEPTEMBER ALREADY AND I BET THE PARENTS NEVER THOUGHT THEY WOULD HEAR  BACK TO SCHOOL  TIME.    I KNOW  THE KIDS  OVER THE POND  HAVE GONE BACK AND MY SISTER  WAS TELLING ME THAT  THE KIDS THERE, BELFAST, HAVE GONE BACK.  OVER HERE, ONTARIO,  THEY HAVE NOT YET, THEY ARE GOING BUT THEY STAGGERED THE DATES  AND THEN  PICKED ONE DATE FOR THEM ALL AT THE SAME TIME.   A LOT OF PARENTS  HAVE OPTED TO KEEP THEIR  CHILDREN  AT HOME AND  SCHOOL THEM ON LINE.   OUR WEATHER  HAS BEEN COOLING DOWN  AT NIGHT NOW AND  STILL NICE THROUGH THE DAY.    NOTHING MUCH HAS CHANGED WITH THE VIRUS ,  MORONS STILL BREAKING THE RULES , PEOPLE STILL GETTING INFECTED  BUT AT LEAST  IT'S SLOWING DOWN  WHERE  THE  RULES HAVE BEEN KEPT.   I HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES ARE ALL SAFE AND WELL  .  LIZ  :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15553 on: September 16, 2020, 03:38:36 PM »
HI EVERYONE AGAIN.   ALL THE KIDS STARTED BACK AGAIN TO SCHOOL, MOST WERE DELIGHTED TO SEE THEIR FRIENDS AGAIN.  IT'S BEEN A LONG  BREAK FOR THEM.  THERE IS A LOT STILL NOT  GOING BACK AND DOING IT ON LINE.   OUR WEATHER HAS COOLED DOWN  ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT AND NEXT WK SEES US INTO AUTUMN.   MY SISTER WAS TELLING ME IT IS BEAUTIFUL OVER THERE.  I BELIEVE IT'S THE SAME FOR  ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND I HOPE.    ANYWAY I HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING WELL AND YOUR FAMILIES TOO.    SO KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE.  LIZ  :-* :-*
sixtyniner