Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 2086022 times)

WILKIE12345

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #15585 on: February 07, 2021, 02:30:17 PM »
Think thats Len Dickson --fruit shop-- extreme right

Cannot see the pic posted anymore.  Len Dickson was my dad's cousin, Tommy Wilkinson.  His dad Tommy Sr was married to Len's aunt.

WILKIE12345

« Reply #15586 on: February 07, 2021, 02:38:24 PM »

hi val /ackerman  and everyone   from the row         does anyone know these lads know its linfield early 50s haven got any names
ulsterdigger(tom)

WILKIE12345

« Reply #15587 on: February 07, 2021, 02:49:02 PM »
hi josey  why i ask  about William /john  their fathers mother was my grandfather sister their mother was one of the Paxton's

their great aunt and mine  Tilly Kerr lived facing Watson st  she had 2 sons Tommy Kerr/Sammy bulla some times spelt buller i think Sammy's daughter lived in rowland way  did you have a word with the Hamilton's

thanks josey             ulsterdigger (tom)

WILKIE12345

« Reply #15588 on: February 07, 2021, 02:51:00 PM »
Sammy Bulla was my uncle and I do remember Tilly (Granny Kerr) from when I was very young. 

boops

« Reply #15589 on: February 08, 2021, 09:21:12 PM »
Hi WILKIE,Welcome,sorry nobody has answered but most of those posters have not been on Sandy Row for ages ,I know Akerman died last year but I don't know anything about the rest ,they were a great crowd and are missed so much on this thread ,are you related to the Wilkinsons from Matilda st., I remember a Billy and Betty Wilkinson from there ,and a Meta Bulla from somewhere  near Watson St,. but that was a very long time ago .I hope someone gets in touch with you  soon .
God bless
           boops

wgs

« Reply #15590 on: February 10, 2021, 03:28:21 PM »
Hi WILKIE,Welcome,sorry nobody has answered but most of those posters have not been on Sandy Row for ages ,I know Akerman died last year but I don't know anything about the rest ,they were a great crowd and are missed so much on this thread ,are you related to the Wilkinsons from Matilda st., I remember a Billy and Betty Wilkinson from there ,and a Meta Bulla from somewhere  near Watson St,. but that was a very long time ago .I hope someone gets in touch with you  soon .
God bless
           boops
I knew an Ena Bulla who lived on the Linfield  Road facing Watson Street. She went to Linfield Junior School on the Corner of Linfield Rd and Rowland. St. I heard that she had emigrated to Canada or Australia.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15591 on: February 10, 2021, 04:13:11 PM »
HI WILKIE,  ONCE AGAIN I'M SORRY  NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO HELP YOU BUT I LOVE THAT SO MANY HAVE POSTED , JUST LIKE I SAID, THEY WILL  HELP IF THE COULD.  SO MAYBE  SOMEONE WILL  COME ON AND  HELP YOU WITH  YOUR  SERCH.  KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE.  LIZ   :-*
sixtyniner

ulsterdigger

« Reply #15592 on: February 11, 2021, 02:39:09 AM »
Sammy Buller     was my mum cousin Maggie crooks nee Buller Sammy lived in Mayne St facing  Gay ST     

WILKIE12345

« Reply #15593 on: February 21, 2021, 02:32:55 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies.  Saw a post on Ena Bulla, yes that is Sammy and Glady's daughter(and my cousin) and yes Ena lives in Canada as do I.  Ena's sister still lives with her family on Sandy Row.

moorsy

« Reply #15594 on: February 21, 2021, 05:52:54 PM »
Cannot see the pic posted anymore.  Len Dickson was my dad's cousin, Tommy Wilkinson.  His dad Tommy Sr was married to Len's aunt.

I used to run around with Len in the mid 60s when his da owned the shop.
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15595 on: February 22, 2021, 08:58:37 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies.  Saw a post on Ena Bulla, yes that is Sammy and Glady's daughter(and my cousin) and yes Ena lives in Canada as do I.  Ena's sister still lives with her family on Sandy Row.
HI WILKIE,  GLAD SO MANY PEOPLE  HAVE POSTED SOME INFO.    WHERE ABOUT IN CANADA DO YOU LIVE.  I LIVE IN CANADA, ONT.  HAVE SINCE 74.   LIZ  :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15596 on: February 22, 2021, 08:59:41 PM »
I used to run around with Len in the mid 60s when his da owned the shop.
HI MOORSY,  I THINK YOU MUST HAVE KNOWN EVERYONE IN SANDY ROW HA.  LIZ  :-*
sixtyniner

moorsy

« Reply #15597 on: February 22, 2021, 09:52:25 PM »
HI MOORSY,  I THINK YOU MUST HAVE KNOWN EVERYONE IN SANDY ROW HA.  LIZ  :-*

hiya luv,     enjoying the snow.?

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15598 on: February 26, 2021, 08:00:41 PM »
hiya luv,     enjoying the snow.?
HI MOORSY, SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET BACK.   HATE THE SNOW AND GLAD I DON'T HAVE TO BE OUT IN IT. HA.  WE HAD A LOT  BUT IT'S NEARLY ALL GONE  AGAIN , THAT IS TILL NEXT TIME  OH WELL.  I DON'T HAVE TO SHOVEL.   HOW'S THE LEG DOING.  MY FRIEND'S HUSBAND  IS GOING IN  FOR A KNEE REPLACEMENT , IT WAS  CANCELLED 3 TIMES BUT THIS TIME FOR SURE.  FINGERS CROSSED.  HAVE THEY STARTED RELAXING  THINGS THERE,  THEY HAVE HERE AND I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S A GOOD THING OR NOT.  MY FRIEND  WITH HER 2 OTHER FRIENDS  FINISHED THEIR MALL WALKING AND WENT  INTO  DENNINGER'S , SR?,   FOR COFFEE TO TAKE OUT BUT THE WOMAN ASKED IF THEY WERE SITTING SO NOW THEY ARE ALLOWED TO SIT, EVEN EAT SO LONG AS THERE IS ONLY 10 IN THE PLACE.  ANYWAY I HOPE YOU AND ALL THE FAMILY ARE DOING OK.  KEEP SAFE AND STAY WELL.   LIZ   :-*
sixtyniner

moorsy

« Reply #15599 on: February 26, 2021, 10:09:17 PM »
HI MOORSY, SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET BACK.   HATE THE SNOW AND GLAD I DON'T HAVE TO BE OUT IN IT. HA.  WE HAD A LOT  BUT IT'S NEARLY ALL GONE  AGAIN , THAT IS TILL NEXT TIME  OH WELL.  I DON'T HAVE TO SHOVEL.   HOW'S THE LEG DOING.  MY FRIEND'S HUSBAND  IS GOING IN  FOR A KNEE REPLACEMENT , IT WAS  CANCELLED 3 TIMES BUT THIS TIME FOR SURE.  FINGERS CROSSED.  HAVE THEY STARTED RELAXING  THINGS THERE,  THEY HAVE HERE AND I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S A GOOD THING OR NOT.  MY FRIEND  WITH HER 2 OTHER FRIENDS  FINISHED THEIR MALL WALKING AND WENT  INTO  DENNINGER'S , SR?,   FOR COFFEE TO TAKE OUT BUT THE WOMAN ASKED IF THEY WERE SITTING SO NOW THEY ARE ALLOWED TO SIT, EVEN EAT SO LONG AS THERE IS ONLY 10 IN THE PLACE.  ANYWAY I HOPE YOU AND ALL THE FAMILY ARE DOING OK.  KEEP SAFE AND STAY WELL.   LIZ   :-*

Doing good Liz, dont nead the cane now for short walks, should be back to normal by spring.  we never really had any snow this winter just flurries now and again.