Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 1393214 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #14820 on: April 19, 2017, 08:52:41 PM »

Hi Liz, it's nice to hear from you. Sounds like you had a nice treat with those Easter eggs.  As for my plants, well....they are all at the green shoots stage.  It's still a bit chilly in the a.m. so don't expect any blossoms until a bit later.  But they're getting there.  Went downtown to get some seedling tomatoes, etc. for the greenhouse.  Was all gung ho to get some of them planted as the greenhouse is warm enough for them now, but wouldn't you know it......there was a power outage in the area, so all stores were closed! I  went back down the next day, but most of the ones I wanted were gone. No problem, lots more on order according to the store manager. Well, girl, I'm off for a nice hot bath and another cuppa.  Have a great day. Love, Moreen  :-*
hope you get what you wanted girl.  it's been pouring all day so at least gardeners won't have to worry about watering.  I've just put a shepard's pie in the oven.  it's from Costco and I love them.  they make them fresh and I just freeze them for later, I tried once to  cook from froz. but  it did  not work out well , this little oven I have had only a 30 min. timer so when I do something over that limit I have to stay out here  as I have to keep it on.  it's worth it as I love shepard's pie, could eat it every day ha.  hope you enjoyed your bath and your cuppa with a nice biscuit.  Liz
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #14821 on: April 20, 2017, 02:24:15 AM »
Hi Moreen 2 hope all is well with you and yours always good to see you on the forum however you snuck in be it through the front door or the back door or cat flap LOL take care my friend and very best wishes from Scotland M 😀😀

scotland

« Reply #14822 on: April 20, 2017, 02:32:02 AM »
Hi Boops did,nt receive your last PM hopefully you will get it sorted out soon  Take care my friend Best wishes M😊😊

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #14823 on: April 20, 2017, 04:32:58 PM »

Hi Boops did,nt receive your last PM hopefully you will get it sorted out soon  Take care my friend Best wishes M😊😊
hi Scotland I hope you're feeling better today.. Liz :-*
sixtyniner

moreen2

« Reply #14824 on: April 20, 2017, 07:54:32 PM »
Hi Moreen 2 hope all is well with you and yours always good to see you on the forum however you snuck in be it through the front door or the back door or cat flap LOL take care my friend and very best wishes from Scotland M 😀😀

Hi Molly, all's good for now.  Whichever way I manage to sneak in reminds me of the many times we snuck under the ticket booth at the Sandro when we were kids  :D  I think we (my little friends and I) got away with it because we were so little....the usherette could easily have had us thrown out  :) ;)

Hope you are feeling better.  Take care and best wishes back at you from Canada, my friend. Moreen  :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #14825 on: April 21, 2017, 05:51:09 PM »

Hi Molly, all's good for now.  Whichever way I manage to sneak in reminds me of the many times we snuck under the ticket booth at the Sandro when we were kids  :D  I think we (my little friends and I) got away with it because we were so little....the usherette could easily have had us thrown out  :) ;)

Hope you are feeling better.  Take care and best wishes back at you from Canada, my friend. Moreen  :-*
Moreen,  I remember when we   were young and use to do the same thing, the upstairs was to the right and when the person in the box , at the front,  was not looking we would sneak up the stairs.  and if we are remembering, do you remember when the usher would come round with the ice cream , you bought chips and they had the little pks of salt so you could put you own on if you wanted.  they should do that now but I guess everything is automated now.  Liz :-*
sixtyniner

muckles

« Reply #14826 on: April 21, 2017, 08:31:10 PM »
Hi Sixtyniner:

Those crisps were Smiths.  Speaking of.  Did you know that Tayto was the first in the world to come out with a flavored crisp ( cheese and onion) .  That was in 1956/5.  The Sandro had the two seated love seats on the end of the row of seats.  WE used to go and watch the horror movies at the matinee.   I think it was thrupence. 
It's not enough that we do our best;
sometimes we have to do what's required.
Go n-eírí an bóthar leat is do chasán cóngaír

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #14827 on: April 22, 2017, 01:37:26 AM »

Hi Sixtyniner:

Those crisps were Smiths.  Speaking of.  Did you know that Tayto was the first in the world to come out with a flavored crisp ( cheese and onion) .  That was in 1956/5.  The Sandro had the two seated love seats on the end of the row of seats.  WE used to go and watch the horror movies at the matinee.   I think it was thrupence.
oh muckles,  that was my fav. flavor and at one of our meets, some years ago, one of our friends had gone home and brought back  loot bags for us all and they were in it.    can you picture  that long ago and how much that was, lord we are dating ourselves. ha.   my memory is not what it use to be and  I never had a good memory even when I was younger, but that picture house we sneaked into was called the Alambra and I think it was on N. Queen St.  someone might correct me.  there was one down the Donnie and it was terrible , the floor was always covered in [censored].  sorry about that.  it stank to high heavens.  Liz :-*
sixtyniner

moreen2

« Reply #14828 on: April 22, 2017, 02:27:25 AM »
Moreen,  I remember when we   were young and use to do the same thing, the upstairs was to the right and when the person in the box , at the front,  was not looking we would sneak up the stairs.  and if we are remembering, do you remember when the usher would come round with the ice cream , you bought chips and they had the little pks of salt so you could put you own on if you wanted.  they should do that now but I guess everything is automated now.  Liz :-*

Oh yes, Liz, I remember the usherettes with their trays of ice cream in small round cups with a little wooden stick for a spoon, and little bottles of Orano juice.  And I have yet to taste potato chips like those with little twisted bags of salt in the bag. That was before they upgraded to packets of salt  :D
Yep, those were the days my friend  :-* Moreen

cookstown

« Reply #14829 on: April 22, 2017, 02:14:16 PM »
More memories guys to chew on.  Some Linfield/Kelvin teachers to remember back in the day.  Mr Kerr, Mr Drummond,
Mr Fales, Mr Galashan, Mr Love, Mr Cummings, Mr Nevin, Mr Montgomery, Mr Hunter, Mr Parkes, Mr Gilliland,
Mr Megarry, Mr McCartney, Mr Brewster, Mr Walsh, Mr Little (Art) Mr Crawford, Ms Ferguson, Ms Minnis.  Mabel Street
primary, Miss Mcrory, Miss Simpson, Miss Williamson, Mr Brown, Mr McBride. 
The Alambra was in Lower North Street and The Windsor was on the Dunnie.
Cheers Cookstown
If I think of any more I'll put them on.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #14830 on: April 22, 2017, 08:28:04 PM »

More memories guys to chew on.  Some Linfield/Kelvin teachers to remember back in the day.  Mr Kerr, Mr Drummond,
Mr Fales, Mr Galashan, Mr Love, Mr Cummings, Mr Nevin, Mr Montgomery, Mr Hunter, Mr Parkes, Mr Gilliland,
Mr Megarry, Mr McCartney, Mr Brewster, Mr Walsh, Mr Little (Art) Mr Crawford, Ms Ferguson, Ms Minnis.  Mabel Street
primary, Miss Mcrory, Miss Simpson, Miss Williamson, Mr Brown, Mr McBride. 
The Alambra was in Lower North Street and The Windsor was on the Dunnie.
Cheers Cookstown
If I think of any more I'll put them on.
thanks cookstown for correcting me,  ye know how it is as you get older, your grey cells start going too.  Liz
sixtyniner

cookstown

« Reply #14831 on: April 22, 2017, 09:38:05 PM »
not correcting you sweetheart, just trying to help. 
Regards Cookstown

scotland

« Reply #14832 on: April 22, 2017, 10:15:19 PM »
Used to go to the Colliesium (Coll) and Windsor used to go to the toilet and open the back door to let friends in little daring cheats that we were  we took it in turns that way we could,nt squeal on each other if caught Cheers M😀😁

scotland

« Reply #14833 on: April 22, 2017, 10:18:17 PM »
Memories came flooding back when I saw that list of teachers names Linfield /Kelvin thanks Cookstown M😁😁

moreen2

« Reply #14834 on: April 22, 2017, 11:50:19 PM »
Used to go to the Colliesium (Coll) and Windsor used to go to the toilet and open the back door to let friends in little daring cheats that we were  we took it in turns that way we could,nt squeal on each other if caught Cheers M😀😁

My, oh, my, Molly... we may not have had money to buy a ticket, but we sure had moxie. Now I wonder where we got that from?  :) ;) Cheers Moreen  :-*