Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 1997630 times)

RobinB

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #15420 on: August 19, 2019, 06:44:16 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Scotland, good site, nice people

RobinB

« Reply #15421 on: August 19, 2019, 06:45:35 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Scotland, good site, nice people

RobinB

« Reply #15422 on: August 19, 2019, 11:06:03 PM »
Many thanks for your welcome, Scotland

RobinB

« Reply #15423 on: August 25, 2019, 07:22:35 PM »
Thanks Scotland

scotland

boops
« Reply #15424 on: September 12, 2019, 08:57:42 PM »
 ??? Hi boops hope all is well with you I was thinking of you and Isobel last weekend when I was up in Glasgow (still doing ongoing training for the children's panel ) we got caught up among the marches riot police and mounted police in Jamaica St it was,nt a very nice situation we managed to get to the car park but sat waiting for the red light to turn with crowds everywhere in the end we had to jump a red light to get away from the situation I do hope life is treating you kindly my friend God Bless M ::)

SIXTYNINER

Re: boops
« Reply #15425 on: September 12, 2019, 10:05:19 PM »
??? Hi boops hope all is well with you I was thinking of you and Isobel last weekend when I was up in Glasgow (still doing ongoing training for the children's panel ) we got caught up among the marches riot police and mounted police in Jamaica St it was,nt a very nice situation we managed to get to the car park but sat waiting for the red light to turn with crowds everywhere in the end we had to jump a red light to get away from the situation I do hope life is treating you kindly my friend God Bless M ::)
HI SCOTLAND, I'M GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO GET OUT OF THAT SITUATION WITH OUT ANY THING HAPPENING.  I BELIEVE  YOU CAN HAVE MARCHES BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE RIOTS OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY WITH IT.  THAT MAKES THINGS WORSE.  I PITY THE POLICE IN  MOST CASES  HAVING TO DEAL WITH THEM AND EVEN HAVING TO GET ROUGH.   LIZ  XXXX
sixtyniner

boops

« Reply #15426 on: September 12, 2019, 11:52:38 PM »
Hi M, As you know we did not get over to Glasgow this year , they must have known you were staying in Jamaica st.,!!  it must have been really  frightening ,I would not like to be anywhere near those mounted police and those large horse,hope it did not spoil your trip though, God love your husband for coping with such a situation .
  Take care of each other and God bless,
                                                             Betty

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #15427 on: September 13, 2019, 10:55:49 PM »
Just got the sad news last night that my dear friend jimmy nixon from sandy row passed away.we have been friends since we were 11 my world is a little bit sadder without nicky.

DJ

« Reply #15428 on: September 13, 2019, 11:45:24 PM »
Just got the sad news last night that my dear friend jimmy nixon from sandy row passed away.we have been friends since we were 11 my world is a little bit sadder without nicky.

So sorry for the loss of your friend Jimmy, your memories of him will keep him alive within you. It really does put things into perspective.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #15429 on: September 13, 2019, 11:51:04 PM »
Thanks dj there will be a lot of people on this thread who knew jimmy. You might have knew his brother charlie.

DJ

« Reply #15430 on: September 13, 2019, 11:53:38 PM »
Thanks dj there will be a lot of people on this thread who knew jimmy. You might have knew his brother charlie.

Jimmy I knew a couple of Nixon’s at Kelvin. I knew Linda but I don’t recall Charlie.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15431 on: September 14, 2019, 01:33:06 AM »
I'M SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIEND JP.  I DID NOT KNOW HIM BUT HAVE HEARD HIM MENTIONED ON THE SR THREAD MANY TIMES.   WHEN YOU HAVE KNOWN SOMEONE THAT LONG  IT'S HARD.   MY THOUGHTS AND  PRAYERS GO OUT TO HIS FAMILY AND YOU, HIS FRIEND.  LIZ XXXXX
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #15432 on: September 14, 2019, 08:49:26 PM »
JP Sorry you have lost a long time friend keep remembering the good times it will help M

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #15433 on: September 15, 2019, 01:50:04 AM »
Maybe you will remember Jimmy's mother she was an ice cream woman I sandy row she made the ice cream in her house.

Daveemac1

« Reply #15434 on: September 20, 2019, 08:33:53 PM »
Hi im new to the forum. was just interested if anyone knew my granda Billy audley from Albion street, i was only six when he died. I would love to know more about him.