Author Topic: Sandy Row  (Read 2095456 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: Sandy Row
« Reply #15600 on: March 02, 2021, 01:19:01 AM »
Doing good Liz, dont nead the cane now for short walks, should be back to normal by spring.  we never really had any snow this winter just flurries now and again.
MOORSY,  IT CAN'T BE 5 DAYS SINCE I LAST POSTED  ON SR.  SOMETIMES I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE  TIME GOES.  I'M GLAD TO HEAR  YOUR LEG IS DOING GOOD.  YOU DID A LOT OF WALKING  BEFORE SO THAT SHOULD  BE  IN YOUR FAVOR.   WE"VE HAD SOME FLURRIES TODAY BUT  THEY WERE HERE AND THEN GONE.  TG. HA.    ANYWAY  TAKE CARE  KEEP SAFE AND STAY WELL.  LIZ   :-*
sixtyniner

AlCu52

« Reply #15601 on: March 09, 2021, 08:07:58 PM »
I saw this Forum a few years back but never joined. Silly old me! Matilda Street born. Blythe Street, Blythfield and Kelvin educated. Saw some of the earlier posts and remembered some of the names. was in the same class as Kathleen. Also Kelvin 1T with Jim Patterson, Paul Walker, David Johnston etc. I would just like to find out if anyone knows them or their whereabouts.

DJ

« Reply #15602 on: March 10, 2021, 12:11:46 AM »
I saw this Forum a few years back but never joined. Silly old me! Matilda Street born. Blythe Street, Blythfield and Kelvin educated. Saw some of the earlier posts and remembered some of the names. was in the same class as Kathleen. Also Kelvin 1T with Jim Patterson, Paul Walker, David Johnston etc. I would just like to find out if anyone knows them or their whereabouts.

Hi AlCu52, using my amazing skills around code breaking and powers of deduction I would hazard a guess that you are none other than Alan (weasel) Cummings, am I correct? Good to hear from you if it is in fact yourself. David Johnston here.

AlCu52

« Reply #15603 on: March 10, 2021, 10:38:30 AM »
DJ, your powers of deduction are finely tuned and perfectly correct. There's me, hiding for over 50 years, and hey presto, back in the real world. How are things David? I hope you and all the mates are surviving this current abomination. I am a very late adopter of technology and not all that tech savvy. I do go to Belfast from time to time and would like to catch up. I saw a few of the names I recognised on historic posts and reading them brought back many great memories. I will be a regular watcher and contributor to this Forum. If there are a list of do's and don'ts for using the forum please let me know.
Thank you for your prompt response DJ.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15604 on: March 10, 2021, 11:49:39 AM »
DJ, your powers of deduction are finely tuned and perfectly correct. There's me, hiding for over 50 years, and hey presto, back in the real world. How are things David? I hope you and all the mates are surviving this current abomination. I am a very late adopter of technology and not all that tech savvy. I do go to Belfast from time to time and would like to catch up. I saw a few of the names I recognised on historic posts and reading them brought back many great memories. I will be a regular watcher and contributor to this Forum. If there are a list of do's and don'ts for using the forum please let me know.
HI ALC, SORRY I HAVE TO SHORTEN EVERYTHING HA.   WELCOME TO THE SR FORUM ,  IT'S NICE TO HAVE A "NEW FACE"   THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO WORRY ABOUT IS, DON'T CURSE THEY JUST BLANK IT OUT.  HA.  A LOT OF PEOPLE  READ THE POSTS BUT  SOMETIMES ARE  TOO BUSY TO POST.  I LIKE IT WHEN  SOMEONE COMES ON AND  TELLS US OF  HIS OR HER PAST,   MINE IS , I LIVE IN CANADA AND HAVE DONE SINCE 74.  WELL I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY , KEEP SAFE AND STAY WELL.  LIZ  :-*
sixtyniner

DJ

« Reply #15605 on: March 10, 2021, 12:42:17 PM »

Hi Alan thanks for replying. I think you and I were among 8 of us who stayed on for an extra year of O levels at Kelvin. We left in 1969, almost 52 years ago, scary.  Im still in touch with Paul Walker, Jim Patterson and a few others. I always wondered where Joe Kingsberry ended up. Whereabouts are you, Im in Carrickfergus.

AlCu52

« Reply #15606 on: March 10, 2021, 04:21:24 PM »
SIXTYNINER you do not need to shorten me. My genes done a great job of that already. If I swear in French, German or Swahili does that count? My face hasn't been new for 69 years but its not too bad.
DJ, I left Kelvin early 1970 when I was 18. I didn't fancy a real job. I have been living in London since 1980 but I intend to be over home sometime this year when circumstances permit. Please give my regards to Paul and Jim and anyone else who have had the misfortune to cross my path. I have been with Jim McCullough in Glasgow on several occasions. "Keep er Lit" as we say back home.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15607 on: March 11, 2021, 10:33:04 PM »
SIXTYNINER you do not need to shorten me. My genes done a great job of that already. If I swear in French, German or Swahili does that count? My face hasn't been new for 69 years but its not too bad.
DJ, I left Kelvin early 1970 when I was 18. I didn't fancy a real job. I have been living in London since 1980 but I intend to be over home sometime this year when circumstances permit. Please give my regards to Paul and Jim and anyone else who have had the misfortune to cross my path. I have been with Jim McCullough in Glasgow on several occasions. "Keep er Lit" as we say back home.
HI ALC, I LIKE YOUR ANSWER HA.  SO LONG AS THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND  YOU'RE CURSING.   LIZ   :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15608 on: March 19, 2021, 01:08:30 AM »
HI EVERYONE, I GUESS IT WAS A QUIET ST.PATRICK'S DAY FOR  YOU, SAME HERE.   THE PEOPLE WHO RUN OUR BUILDING CAME ROUND AND  GAVE US A  LITTLE TREAT, NICE THING TO DO.  WE USE TO HAVE A  CELEBRATION  FOR EVERYTHING BUT NOT NOW.  OUR WEATHER HAS TURNED COLD AGAIN BUT SOON THE WARM WEATHER  WILL COME AND THINGS DON'T FEEL SO BAD.  OUR BUILDING GOT VACCINATED LAST WK.   I HAVE A PUMPKIN PIE I'M TRYING NOT TO GET INTO YET HA.  THE MINUTE I START I JUST KEEP GOING.  I EVEN BOUGHT A CAN OF WHIPPED CREAM  FOR IT. YUM.  WELL I HOPE  YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES ARE  KEEPING  AS WELL AS YOU CAN.  PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES.   KEEP SAFE AND STAY WELL.   LIZ   :-* :-*
sixtyniner

JohnKelly

« Reply #15609 on: March 20, 2021, 12:11:00 PM »
HI EVERYONE, I GUESS IT WAS A QUIET ST.PATRICK'S DAY FOR  YOU, SAME HERE.   THE PEOPLE WHO RUN OUR BUILDING CAME ROUND AND  GAVE US A  LITTLE TREAT, NICE THING TO DO.  WE USE TO HAVE A  CELEBRATION  FOR EVERYTHING BUT NOT NOW.  OUR WEATHER HAS TURNED COLD AGAIN BUT SOON THE WARM WEATHER  WILL COME AND THINGS DON'T FEEL SO BAD.  OUR BUILDING GOT VACCINATED LAST WK.   I HAVE A PUMPKIN PIE I'M TRYING NOT TO GET INTO YET HA.  THE MINUTE I START I JUST KEEP GOING.  I EVEN BOUGHT A CAN OF WHIPPED CREAM  FOR IT. YUM.  WELL I HOPE  YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES ARE  KEEPING  AS WELL AS YOU CAN.  PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES.   KEEP SAFE AND STAY WELL.   LIZ   :-* :-*

Yes Liz, in regards to St Patrick's Day very very quiet here in The Land Down Under; personally I'm not into drinking green beer or wearing a silly green hat but I do like to reflect on my heritage, the Irish Diaspora, what it all means and having a drink or two with old mates.

On St Patrick's Day many Australian's will stand up and declare how proud they are of their Irish Convict Heritage which they wear as a badge of honour. :)

Irish and Proud.

Cheers.

:drinks:

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15610 on: March 20, 2021, 08:57:32 PM »
Yes Liz, in regards to St Patrick's Day very very quiet here in The Land Down Under; personally I'm not into drinking green beer or wearing a silly green hat but I do like to reflect on my heritage, the Irish Diaspora, what it all means and having a drink or two with old mates.

On St Patrick's Day many Australian's will stand up and declare how proud they are of their Irish Convict Heritage which they wear as a badge of honour. :)

Irish and Proud.

Cheers.

:drinks:
HI JOHN,  THEY SAY EVERYBODY IS IRISH ON ST. PATRICK'S DAY HA.   BUT HE SEEMS TO HAVE  TURNED THE STONE HERE IN BURLINGTON, AT LEAST THIS WK.  HA.    TAKE CARE AND KEEP WELL AND STAY SAFE.  LIZ  :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #15611 on: April 08, 2021, 03:56:48 PM »
WELL WE ARE OVER ST. PATRICK'S DAY, OVER EASTER, INTO SPRING, SOON SUMMER WILL COME, THIS YR SEEMS TO BE FLYING IN.  TG WE HAVE NOT HAD ANY OF THE WHITE STUFF  FOR SOME TIME AND HOPE IT STAYS LIKE THAT. HA. THIS WK OUR WEATHER HAS BEEN GOOD AND HAS NOW GONE UP TO THE DOUBLE DIGETS.   WE HAVE GONE INTO LOCKDOWN AGAIN FOR THE NEXT 4 WKS.  WHO KNOWS  AFTER THAT.   I HOPE YOU ALL ARE KEEPING WELL AND TRYING TO STAY SAFE.   HUGS TO YOU ALL.   LIZ   :-* :-*
sixtyniner