Author Topic: the best bar in belfast  (Read 19460 times)

machinehead

Re: the best bar in belfast
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2012, 09:26:25 PM »
The Pound was the best music pub in the 70s.

The main problem was the state of the bogs - obviously a common and long running problem in Belfast bars. :)

EllCee

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 11:50:36 PM »
Yep.  I spent many Saturday afternoons in The Pound.  Great entertainment.

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Carlilse Circus

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 12:14:13 AM »
With Jim Armstrong playing  :)

Carlilse Circus

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 12:15:14 AM »
I like the Cutter's Wharf, especially in the summertime.

moondog2

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2012, 03:47:10 PM »
was  in mc hughes  last night  iwas lifted and laid  :o

sj

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 12:47:51 PM »
was  in mc hughes  last night  iwas lifted and laid  :o

sorry to hear that moondog....when is the funeral :)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

Giannineo

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2012, 10:41:14 PM »
Bars I enjoyed were Whites, Morning Star, Kelly's Cellars, Red Barn, The Pavilion, the Pound and the Club Bar near to Q.U.B.
 BUT, IMHO, THE BEST BAR IN bELFAST IS THE ONER WHERE YOU HAVE THE BEST CRAIC AND CAMARADERIE-wherever it be in the City.

Sally Ann

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2012, 02:49:48 PM »
Bars I enjoyed were Whites, Morning Star, Kelly's Cellars, Red Barn, The Pavilion, the Pound and the Club Bar near to Q.U.B.
 BUT, IMHO, THE BEST BAR IN bELFAST IS THE ONER WHERE YOU HAVE THE BEST CRAIC AND CAMARADERIE-wherever it be in the City.

O0 :party: :drinks:

Bet you also went to the Erricle (?) on a Monday night G? ;)
I only got drunk, I never got stupid!

Bigali

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2012, 04:05:39 PM »

We would have the odd work function upstairs in the Morning Star, the weemin don't like it so much as it is not reefeened enough for them, preferring to do luncheon in the likes of Malmaison or the Merchant (and believe me it's far from luncheon in the Merchant some of them were reared !). For me the Morning Star does the best steamed mussels and the best steak in Belfast  O0
Tout Prest

Bigali

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2012, 04:07:19 PM »

The Errigle does a very good proper food lunch Sally Ann  O0
Tout Prest

Giannineo

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2012, 10:05:44 PM »

seldom been in there- albeit it is 75 yards from where I was born...Errigle Inn- my parents knew Tommy and Rose Mc Gurran who owned it and lived not too far away in the Rosetta area.

Sally Ann

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2012, 12:35:48 AM »

The Errigle does a very good proper food lunch Sally Ann  O0

Bigali, been years since I was in it and last time we had something to eat on the Ormeau Road was about 3 years ago in the Pavilion, and ya couldn't fault it either!  ;) :-* 

Sally Ann

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2012, 12:41:53 AM »

We would have the odd work function upstairs in the Morning Star, the weemin don't like it so much as it is not reefeened enough for them, preferring to do luncheon in the likes of Malmaison or the Merchant (and believe me it's far from luncheon in the Merchant some of them were reared !). For me the Morning Star does the best steamed mussels and the best steak in Belfast  O0

I know those who rave about the food in the Morning Star.

Years and years ago when I worked in Churchill House we sometimes went there for lunch - then it was a 'spit on the floor' type of saloon!  But I always found the food to be good - same as the Kitchen Bar, the Globe and of course my haunt at the time, The Mermaid! - - All our yesterdays eh?  ::)

Now I'm never in the Town Centre so have lost out on all the good pubs to go to eat in.  Plus as ya get older Ali, us aul weemin are lucken more for a comfortable seat rather than plenty till ate!  ;) :D

Bigali

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2012, 12:43:33 AM »
[quote O0  author=Sally Ann link=topic=40781.msg1256852#msg1256852 date=1352334948]

Bigali, been years since I was in it and last time we had something to eat on the Ormeau Road was about 3 years ago in the Pavilion, and ya couldn't fault it either!  ;) :-*
[/quote]

The Pavillion - the Big house, does a good boul of stew in winter  O0 :-*
Tout Prest

Bigali

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2012, 12:51:09 AM »

I know those who rave about the food in the Morning Star.

Years and years ago when I worked in Churchill House we sometimes went there for lunch - then it was a 'spit on the floor' type of saloon!  But I always found the food to be good - same as the Kitchen Bar, the Globe and of course my haunt at the time, The Mermaid! - - All our yesterdays eh?  ::)

Now I'm never in the Town Centre so have lost out on all the good pubs to go to eat in.  Plus as ya get older Ali, us aul weemin are lucken more for a comfortable seat rather than plenty till ate!  ;) :D

Ach Sally Ann, oul weemin, yer cookie ! The Kitchen Bar now as far as I'm concerned is nowhere near .as good as the old one as far as  ambience and grub is concerned. I'm a country gulpin originally where was the Mermaid ?

Tout Prest