Author Topic: Athletic Stores  (Read 4687 times)

JJ48

Re: Athletic Stores
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 12:54:19 PM »
Just to confirm one piece of the story mentioned much earlier in the thread. I believe SS Moore took over the Athletic Stores about 5 years ago ish. I kinda expected Athletic Stores to be closed at that point as there would be little point in having two big stores so close together under the one ownership.

BigAl94

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 01:03:41 PM »
Just to confirm one piece of the story mentioned much earlier in the thread. I believe SS Moore took over the Athletic Stores about 5 years ago ish. I kinda expected Athletic Stores to be closed at that point as there would be little point in having two big stores so close together under the one ownership.

Looks like you're right as the name is on the banner on their website http://www.ssmsports.co.uk/home.php

Colin Boylan

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 11:27:26 AM »
Joe Boylan had premises at 20 May Street where he strung badminton, squash and tennis racquets. Although he strung for local players and sold his popular blue star badminton racquet and regent tennis racquet he was internationally acclaimed and sent racquets around the world. He was under contract for many of the top world players as their personal stringer. Joe is still alive, in excellent health at the age of 94 and living with his wife Theresa in Carrickfergus.

HGJ

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2020, 08:09:40 PM »
Bridge street???