Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 328440 times)

olelad

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #1500 on: September 07, 2019, 11:47:45 PM »

marty1953

« Reply #1501 on: September 08, 2019, 01:27:42 PM »
Rosie lived on My Lady’s Rd..park view bar was on the corner.

olelad

« Reply #1502 on: September 09, 2019, 09:44:12 PM »
wasn't there a guy named stewarty who lived somewhere on the cregagh estate ?

marty1953

« Reply #1503 on: September 10, 2019, 10:57:24 AM »
Maurice Stewart lived ,Castlereagh Estate.Him an Eamon Meighan were great mates.
Was about 4yrs older than me and David Meighan.
But yes I recall a David Stewart from The Cregagh Est.

olelad

« Reply #1504 on: September 10, 2019, 09:59:17 PM »
Maurice Stewart lived ,Castlereagh Estate.Him an Eamon Meighan were great mates.
Was about 4yrs older than me and David Meighan.
But yes I recall a David Stewart from The Cregagh Est.

that must be him. thought he came from cregagh estate

thebell

« Reply #1505 on: October 20, 2019, 12:19:37 PM »
Just catching up on the latest Mr T. great to its still going strong. keep well M

olelad

« Reply #1506 on: October 22, 2019, 10:26:43 PM »
Just catching up on the latest Mr T. great to its still going strong. keep well M

good to hear from u m8.

Endeavour

« Reply #1507 on: November 11, 2019, 07:40:56 PM »
Quote from: Gentie link=topic=415.msg985952#mi
sg985952 date1318183381
Hi,
Just wanted to clarify that the photo of boys from 1957. My brother George  is in the front row 3rd from the left as stated, he died in Larne in 2004, my other brother Roy Gent who attended same school, died in car accident in 1981 in Co. Louth, Ireland.  I also attended from 1965 to 1971.  I remember moving to the new school and the pupils coming from Lagan Village.  Myra Thompson and Geraldine Eccles joined our class.  I also remember Elaine Lundy. My family left Belfast in 1972 as did many others.
Gentie

luckyme

« Reply #1508 on: January 14, 2020, 11:34:06 PM »
What school of horrors, St  BERNADINA  would be jailed now for abuse of children, so would Miss Collins what a horrible  cruel woman.
Sister Mary Francis, and Mother Teresa Mary where lovely but they both retired.
The Catholic Church has a lot to answer for they did not care about the abuse of little children.

olelad

« Reply #1509 on: March 18, 2020, 10:55:53 PM »
daddy winkers park was part of life. since I can remember I always played there. got my first bike and used to ride it around the field or muck track on the right hand side going down the pk until that was built on.  think it became a hockey pitch or something. remember a big house on the corner facing harding school which was knocked down and the red rooster was build there. then the troubles came and after about a year or so. this gang got me and after agood hiding that was me finished going there. just one of those things but up until then great mems I have from playing there. was up there last year and my god has the place changed. gone but never forgotten

Endeavour

« Reply #1510 on: March 20, 2020, 12:27:01 PM »
daddy winkers park was part of life. since I can remember I always played there. got my first bike and used to ride it around the field or muck track on the right hand side going down the pk until that was built on.  think it became a hockey pitch or something. remember a big house on the corner facing harding school which was knocked down and the red rooster was build there. then the troubles came and after about a year or so. this gang got me and after agood hiding that was me finished going there. just one of those things but up until then great mems I have from playing there. was up there last year and my god has the place changed. gone but never forgotten

luckyme

« Reply #1511 on: March 20, 2020, 12:53:39 PM »
daddy winkers was the best, many happy memories from there, especially on the witches hat

marty1953

« Reply #1512 on: March 20, 2020, 01:43:03 PM »
My Brother in Law..lived in Glendower St..was telling me ,there was a Large Detached House ,think it stood were The Scout Hall is.
Elderly Gentleman would Stand outside his door wave and wink at people going down The Lane.
Supposedly that’s how it got it’s name.
Apparently a Fun Fair use too be held ,were Malone RFC is now.

olelad

« Reply #1513 on: March 22, 2020, 11:23:17 PM »
daddy winkers was the best, many happy memories from there, especially on the witches hat

had many ago on the witches hat plus the big slide. great days

olelad

« Reply #1514 on: March 22, 2020, 11:25:16 PM »
My Brother in Law..lived in Glendower St..was telling me ,there was a Large Detached House ,think it stood were The Scout Hall is.
Elderly Gentleman would Stand outside his door wave and wink at people going down The Lane.
Supposedly that’s how it got it’s name.
Apparently a Fun Fair use too be held ,were Malone RFC is now.

don't remember a fun fair there. must have missed it or was b4 my time. lol. the large detached house was I think on the other from the scout hall. after it was knocked down the red rooster was build on its spot.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy