Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 328432 times)

naumai

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2009, 11:49:53 PM »
I often wondered where Brian had gone. Thanks for the info. I knew Albert Meli from around Imperial Street (chippie) Is he a brother of Gerry's? Brian was a real handsome lad and had a great personality. He loved to mimic Elvis and he had the Elvis quiff and the suede shoes with the crepe soles. Can still see his lovely white teeth!!!!
thats brian alright,we [brian gerry and I ]flatted to gather for a little while when Ifirst came to NZ ,for strath-roy there were 4 meli's tommy albert bernie and gerry.  I've been told that bernie has moved back to NI  since retireing,he has been in south africa, scince early 70's

Strath_Roy

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2009, 12:23:50 AM »
thats brian alright,we [brian gerry and I ]flatted to gather for a little while when Ifirst came to NZ ,for strath-roy there were 4 meli's tommy albert bernie and gerry.  I've been told that bernie has moved back to NI  since retireing,he has been in south africa, scince early 70's
Forgot about Gerry
 :-[ :-[
The world suffers a lot.
Not because of bad people.
But because of the silence of good people.
Napoleon

olelad

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2009, 06:31:22 PM »
how many barber shops was on the woodstock rd. i can only remember jimmy burns and thompsons.

grannyspice

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2009, 06:43:28 PM »
Victors opposite Radnor street

olelad

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2009, 07:24:06 PM »
Victors opposite Radnor street

what year /s are we talking about. cant remember it at all

grannyspice

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2009, 11:07:24 PM »
Phew - 1940s and 50s and probably until around 1963. His barber shop was next door to a tailor's!!!! Yes  a tailor believe it or not. His name escapes me at the minute but I will try to remember.

P.S. I can remember the boys next door to us telling us about the OTHER things he sold as well as haircuts!!!!!

olelad

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2009, 11:15:20 PM »
Phew - 1940s and 50s and probably until around 1963. His barber shop was next door to a tailor's!!!! Yes  a tailor believe it or not. His name escapes me at the minute but I will try to remember.

P.S. I can remember the boys next door to us telling us about the OTHER things he sold as well as haircuts!!!!!

wee bit b4 my time  :D cousin of mine lived in radnor st between 1967 and 69.

naumai

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2009, 08:28:14 AM »
barber beside the winkie,I was about 12 before Ifound out that his name was not really sweeny todd ,as my da always called him.

olelad

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2009, 03:19:08 PM »
i alway went to jimmy burns barbers. he was there until 72. dont know if he ever re opened anywhere else.

olelad

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2009, 08:44:24 PM »

you can in the picture the dividing wall between the girls side of the yard and ours. we was to the right in the picture. if a ball went over the wall there was never any takers to climb over, that's for sure. the odd time a ball did go over the girls would throw it back unless the nuns was near by. in that case it was finders keepers.

by the way the guy in the photo didnt want his boat race shown. hence it been blacked out. shy kind of geezer  :D

McNamee

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2009, 08:47:27 PM »
Could be doing the double.  Just a thought  

olelad

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2009, 09:03:16 PM »
Could be doing the double.  Just a thought  

that photo was taken about 5 years ago, so id imagine that would hardly be an issue linked  to that photo. :D

by the way id alway remembered that wall as been so high, but doesnt it look so  small  :)

olelad

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2009, 09:24:00 AM »
while i can remember having my photo taken at school . i dont ever think a class photo was ever taken. areal shame if ever there was one.

olelad

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2009, 02:24:18 PM »
anyone remember the school trip to portrush ? must have been 67/68 ? totaly crazy but a blinding day out.

olelad

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2009, 07:14:08 PM »
anyone remember a guy called francie rehill from clonduff ?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy