Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 277160 times)

Buckets

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #690 on: September 27, 2012, 01:04:04 AM »
Hello, I remember John Wallace (R.I.P.), he was a pupil at St Anthony's while I was there. He also went to St Augustines Sec School. He died in a motorcycle accident on the Knock Road, Belfast not far from his home in Clonduff area. I was a motorcyclist and I remember being surrprised as I had never known John to ever have ridden a motorbike prior to hearing of the accident.  I was told at the time that he had been riding a Honda CB250 bike and was in a head on collision with a car. Sorry I can't remember any more about John but maybe this will jog others memories about him. Hope you get more replies and info.

olelad

« Reply #691 on: September 28, 2012, 12:13:45 AM »
was speaking to my brother-in law,jim tumelty from glendower st/earl haigh gds.he said there was never a pub at the corner of ardgowan st,it was always an off license,anyone remember the mc culloughs who lived in ardgowan st. ???

1/ i alway thought it was an off license only but have been told it wasnt so not completely sure on that one.

2/ the mcculloughs. knew them very well. thomas, pat, kate are the ones i remember. moved to thompson st 69 then onto twinbrook.

marty1953

« Reply #692 on: September 28, 2012, 12:52:21 AM »
yes they did move to twinbrook(mc culloughs),my wife is the eldest,pat,thomas.philip, peter,catherine,agnes,josephine,geraldine.breige,---the  boys all turned out bad----they all support a team from salford,except thomas,he likes a team called chelski. ::) .

olelad

« Reply #693 on: September 28, 2012, 08:17:21 PM »
yes they did move to twinbrook(mc culloughs),my wife is the eldest,pat,thomas.philip, peter,catherine,agnes,josephine,geraldine.breige,---the  boys all turned out bad----they all support a team from salford,except thomas,he likes a team called chelski. ::) .

were they all at these days ? i havent seen any of them since 72 ! thomas used to support the toffees.

marty1953

« Reply #694 on: September 28, 2012, 08:45:53 PM »
as i write philip is manchester v the yids,{coys],thomas late father supported the toffees,only knew 2  everton fans peter mc evoy,and pat who worked in the rosetta garage.as for the rest of the mc cullough clan,katherine is in t-brook.josie.a -town rd.pat, dunmurry,thomas poleglass.peter lagmore.

olelad

« Reply #695 on: September 29, 2012, 09:20:24 PM »
as i write philip is manchester v the yids,{coys],thomas late father supported the toffees,only knew 2  everton fans peter mc evoy,and pat who worked in the rosetta garage.as for the rest of the mc cullough clan,katherine is in t-brook.josie.a -town rd.pat, dunmurry,thomas poleglass.peter lagmore.

cheers marty. believe me thomas used to follow the toffees. ask him next time u see him. :)

marty1953

« Reply #696 on: September 30, 2012, 10:22:42 AM »
yes i will ask him,i might have to give his bald conk a slap ::)

road hog

« Reply #697 on: October 01, 2012, 07:47:29 AM »
Any one remeber a lad who went there named Danny Boyle
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

marty1953

« Reply #698 on: October 01, 2012, 10:31:59 AM »
yes i remember danny boyle,lived in t-brook think he was a spark,he also had a sister-geraldine? ::)

olelad

« Reply #699 on: October 01, 2012, 04:26:47 PM »
yes i remember danny boyle,lived in t-brook think he was a spark,he also had a sister-geraldine? ::)

remember danny although he was few years older than me. they lived in dromore st b4 moving to twinbrook. not sure of his whereabouts these days.

olelad

« Reply #700 on: October 01, 2012, 04:44:41 PM »

theres an  old photos from late 60s of me pat and another guy which i must hunt out and post up. i was in the same class as thomas at st anthonys.

road hog

« Reply #701 on: October 01, 2012, 07:47:02 PM »
Knocked about with Danny when we were at gussies, olelad I knew he lived in Twinbrook. I havent seen hin in 40 years.
Marty, he had 4 sisters, Ann, Shiela, Denise, and as yoy said, Geraldine

marty1953

« Reply #702 on: October 01, 2012, 08:58:29 PM »
forgot danny went to gusties,never knew he had 3 more sisters,what age is danny57/58,while im on anyone met the present parish priest?oh one other thing a lot of westies,dont know east belfast is in co.DOWN,im sure like me we are very proud to have been born in Down,(the red/black will come back) up down! :)

olelad

« Reply #703 on: October 01, 2012, 10:35:06 PM »
forgot danny went to gusties,never knew he had 3 more sisters,what age is danny57/58,while im on anyone met the present parish priest?oh one other thing a lot of westies,dont know east belfast is in co.DOWN,im sure like me we are very proud to have been born in Down,(the red/black will come back) up down! :)

id guess danny would be 56/57. i remember him going to mass at st anthonys and that was about it. roadhog would know his age as they went 2 school together. is he still in twinbrook ?

as for east belfast been in co down. seems the whole of short strand these days follow antrim !? but your right its in co down. been a north belfast lad ill stick to antrim  :D

road hog

« Reply #704 on: October 02, 2012, 09:00:04 AM »
Olelad, Danny would be around the 56/57 mark. As I was born in the short strand I can boast that Down have won 5 all Irelands. But as I am an adopted Armargh man, having been living in Lurgan since 1975, I can boast that between Armargh and Kerry, we have 37 :D