Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 328449 times)

road hog

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #990 on: January 03, 2013, 04:21:18 PM »
Marty your way off.This guy, Jim Donnelly taught English at gussies, he didnt attend the school
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

marty1953

« Reply #991 on: January 03, 2013, 04:25:47 PM »
Sorry Roadhog,was replying too olelad about. Gary Donnelly.

olelad

« Reply #992 on: January 06, 2013, 08:09:02 PM »
was down the east side today and went over to look at daddy winkers lane. as someone else said the park is gone and houses built. sad to see tbh. plenty og great memorys from there. gone but not forgotten.

jr56

« Reply #993 on: January 07, 2013, 12:13:12 AM »
Hey Marty , big Gary Donnelly died a few years back....i think its Colin who runs about in the rockabilly gear....Carole still lives in thw estate. Happy new year to you all.

olelad

« Reply #994 on: January 07, 2013, 11:55:09 AM »
Hey Marty , big Gary Donnelly died a few years back....i think its Colin who runs about in the rockabilly gear....Carole still lives in thw estate. Happy new year to you all.

hi jr. are you up for a meet in the new year ? were trying to maybe round up as many st ants as possible plus roadhog for afew drinks ?

jr56

« Reply #995 on: January 15, 2013, 12:58:58 PM »
Hey Olelad , yeah id be up for a beer and a catch up , though weekends would be unsuitable for me.

olelad

« Reply #996 on: January 15, 2013, 11:03:49 PM »
Hey Olelad , yeah id be up for a beer and a catch up , though weekends would be unsuitable for me.

dont think that would be a problem m8.

olelad

« Reply #997 on: February 02, 2013, 09:30:31 AM »
funny how things come back to you and this one is no differant but does anyone remember a family of arabs from jordan i believe who moved into carlingford st or the houses behind there ? late 60s early 70 i reckon ?

thebell

« Reply #998 on: February 03, 2013, 10:33:16 PM »
hey,ARABS are ye smokin crack , lol best regards

olelad

« Reply #999 on: February 04, 2013, 02:14:46 PM »
hey,ARABS are ye smokin crack , lol best regards

here bell any idea whyen your coming over for afew pints with me and joe ? be good to have a chat after all these years.

those arabs lived of carlingford st m8. believe me they wasnt a pleasant bunch but that was many moons ago. sure someone will remember them ?  ???

Patricia Magee

« Reply #1000 on: February 16, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »

Hi this Patricia. My cousin Jean told me about this site today and said that Thomas Johnston was looking to get in touch with my brother, Johnny.  I thought I'd check out the site and was pleasantly surprised to see my name here. Curious to know who is looking for me and do I owe you money? lol

Patricia Magee

« Reply #1001 on: February 16, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »
patricia mageerusty link=topic=415.msg1276640#msg1276640 date=1354751425]
Hi Olelad , Id asked if anyone knew the Magees who lived in Ardenvohr Street until the early 70's . U where able to tell me Patricia was in in Canada and the rest moved to Banbridge, A friend of Johnnys called tucker contacted me on the forum to say hed been looking for johnny as theyd both been very good friends growin up but he moved away in 74 to and thyve lost touch. It would be great if u could help put them in touch with each other and Id luv to get in touch with Eileen Magee to. .Any info would be appreciated . My friend is a newbie and under the name Tommy Tucker, his name is Tommy Johnston.
[/quote]
This is Patricia :) I'm wondering who olelad is and how he knows all our business lol

olelad

« Reply #1002 on: February 17, 2013, 10:34:16 PM »
patricia mageerusty link=topic=415.msg1276640#msg1276640 date=1354751425]
Hi Olelad , Id asked if anyone knew the Magees who lived in Ardenvohr Street until the early 70's . U where able to tell me Patricia was in in Canada and the rest moved to Banbridge, A friend of Johnnys called tucker contacted me on the forum to say hed been looking for johnny as theyd both been very good friends growin up but he moved away in 74 to and thyve lost touch. It would be great if u could help put them in touch with each other and Id luv to get in touch with Eileen Magee to. .Any info would be appreciated . My friend is a newbie and under the name Tommy Tucker, his name is Tommy Johnston.

This is Patricia :) I'm wondering who olelad is and how he knows all our business lol

ill keep u guessing for a while longer  :D theres a network of ex easties knocking around all parts of the globe who keep in touch and pass on bits and bobs but nothing to much  :D good 2 c u posting on here :)

Monty999

Here is a photo of St A's boys taken around 1957, given me by John Howard who now lives in England.

John has tried to recall the names of his classmates:
 Back L to R:
? ;
 ? Montgomery:
Kevin Doherty I think;
? ;
Gerard Murray (went to St. Marys);
 Joe ?;
 ?;

Front L to R:
Fra McClean; (went to St Malachy's but died of heart attack in 70's);
Vincent Malough; (went to St Mary's - also died early)
George Gent; (RIP killed in car accident in USA)
John Boden;
? Benson; (lived in Jocelyn St)
? Fitzgerald; (lived Willowfield Parade)
John Howard;
? Colman;(two brothers, one called Eamon, think this was the younger)
Odran Flynn;

Emerald_isleen

« Reply #1004 on: March 18, 2013, 11:10:17 AM »

check your pm  :)
Hi, this is Eileen Magee :) I'm new to this so not really sure how it works...I lived in 40 Ardenvohr St with my sister May and Patricia and my big brother Johnny Magee.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy