Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 328428 times)

olelad

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #945 on: November 19, 2012, 09:56:39 PM »

talking of football matches i only remember our class playing 2 games harding ps stuffed us with brain collins our goalie been our busyist player pulling the ball out of the net every time harding attacked  :D

olelad

« Reply #946 on: November 19, 2012, 09:58:57 PM »
class reg p7 69.
colin donnelly
robert semple
paul ohara
vincent weir
thomas mccullough
brian collins
danny o reilly
colmn coleman
clem mcilhatton
tony rutherford
gerard turley
gerard murray
david carlisle
francie rehill
tony mcloughlin
john marks
joesph rea
aiden corrigan
brian grant
geberial mcguigian
micky oneil
joe beattie
gerry christian
terrance dawson
paul gracey
desmond mulligan
kenny eccles
kevin mcanally
peter scott
billy mcmullan
brendan mullan
danny burns ?
martin halliday ?

33 names there. 2 at the end isnt 100%. we alway reckoned on about 35 or so in the class so there abouts.

heres our class im sure some youll remember. cant name all 11 on the team

marty1953

« Reply #947 on: November 19, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »
Remember  one night walking a girl home,she was from the mounpottinger rd,and we stopped in the doorway of a large plumbers merchants,stood talking for a while,then the Woodstock. Tartan marched past the girl I was with put her arms round my neck ,so they couldn't. See my face,much to the amusement of, the rabble passing  by,I'm. Sure there was twenty  or so anybody
 Else have a close call with the tartan.think the shop was called marshalls at the top of the beers bridge road and Woodstock road,cheryvale st was at the other side,nowadays  it's used a  2 nd hand  car showroom.

jr56

« Reply #948 on: November 19, 2012, 11:23:05 PM »
some photo marcas...belter ! the class of 66 that was posted was the product of a good memory.....though John Rooney , Tony Brennan have passed away and i think that Colm Ramsay may be gone also.
 Hey marty53 i laughed at you sendin the mormons to meighans....sadie would have gone through those boys for a shortcut !
Do you remember the Murrays who lived a couple of doors up from the Meighans..beside the Callaghans ? well the daughter Brenda now lives in finty mulhalls old house....what goes round comes round!

olelad

« Reply #949 on: November 21, 2012, 02:12:01 PM »
was there a tartan gang in castlereagh estate ? and wasnt there an estate called downshire of the top of the cregagh ?

marty1953

« Reply #950 on: November 22, 2012, 06:40:22 PM »
Yeah olelad,near the end some of the local [censored],started to wear tartan scarves,mr Elliot and his dog,Tanya  lol,anyone know stevie Crawford  from the  braniel,hey marcas talking of famous hymns ,what about hail glorious  st Patrick ,and sweet heart of Jesus ,kipper Kerr s voice booming out all over the chapel.

citybloke

« Reply #951 on: November 23, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »
Marty 1953,
I spent three years with Kipper Kerr in Manchester - I never knew he could sing -though maybe his voice 'booming out' doesn't imply singing!

marty1953

« Reply #952 on: November 23, 2012, 01:10:21 PM »
Hi city bloke  it was his father I was  talking about,was he welsh

citybloke

« Reply #953 on: November 23, 2012, 01:32:33 PM »
Marty,
Not sure about his nationality - I know Bobby's dad owned a fish shop. I didn't know Bobby[ aka Robert/Kipper] before we met in Manchester in 1971 and only found out about his nickname many years later. I also met Bobby's brother Paul when he spent a few weeks with us in Manchester during his summer holidays from school. Bobby became a teacher and taught in Manchester for a few years and I think he then went to live in Canada - lost touch with him then.

Marcas

« Reply #954 on: November 25, 2012, 12:51:02 PM »
Was at a Play last night and bumped into Michael Quigley and his family. His younger bro Eugene is coming home from South Africa in a couple of weeks for a holiday. Wants to tour the old area and maybe meet up with a few of his old class mates. So theres a chance for someone to organize a day/night out. Remember the St Patricks days well and being able to come out the front doors of the Chapel afterwards !
Remember Anthony Wildy. His family had a Sweet Shop on the Ravenhill Rd. Met him a couple of years ago but never got a chance to find out what happened to his family and where they ended up. He is working in the bank now.

olelad

« Reply #955 on: November 26, 2012, 11:14:02 PM »
Was at a Play last night and bumped into Michael Quigley and his family. His younger bro Eugene is coming home from South Africa in a couple of weeks for a holiday. Wants to tour the old area and maybe meet up with a few of his old class mates. So theres a chance for someone to organize a day/night out. Remember the St Patricks days well and being able to come out the front doors of the Chapel afterwards !
Remember Anthony Wildy. His family had a Sweet Shop on the Ravenhill Rd. Met him a couple of years ago but never got a chance to find out what happened to his family and where they ended up. He is working in the bank now.

count me in. if the date suits ill go

jr56

« Reply #956 on: November 29, 2012, 12:22:04 AM »
never knew the wildys had a shop. .though Anthony working in the bank sounds right my older brother said he had met him a couple of times in the a town branch of the northern .  Must have been Joseph was in our class.

rusty

« Reply #957 on: December 05, 2012, 11:50:25 PM »
Hi Olelad , Id asked if anyone knew the Magees who lived in Ardenvohr Street until the early 70's . U where able to tell me Patricia was in in Canada and the rest moved to Banbridge, A friend of Johnnys called tucker contacted me on the forum to say hed been looking for johnny as theyd both been very good friends growin up but he moved away in 74 to and thyve lost touch. It would be great if u could help put them in touch with each other and Id luv to get in touch with Eileen Magee to. .Any info would be appreciated . My friend is a newbie and under the name Tommy Tucker, his name is Tommy Johnston.

olelad

« Reply #958 on: December 08, 2012, 04:42:51 PM »
Hi Olelad , Id asked if anyone knew the Magees who lived in Ardenvohr Street until the early 70's . U where able to tell me Patricia was in in Canada and the rest moved to Banbridge, A friend of Johnnys called tucker contacted me on the forum to say hed been looking for johnny as theyd both been very good friends growin up but he moved away in 74 to and thyve lost touch. It would be great if u could help put them in touch with each other and Id luv to get in touch with Eileen Magee to. .Any info would be appreciated . My friend is a newbie and under the name Tommy Tucker, his name is Tommy Johnston.

check your pm  :)

Marcas

« Reply #959 on: December 19, 2012, 10:20:25 AM »
Meeting up with Michael and Eugene Quigley at 7 In Robinsons on Thurs night. Bit short notice i know but couldnt be helped. So if anybody fancies a beer will see you there.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy