Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 328439 times)

kraftcheese

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #960 on: December 19, 2012, 12:56:15 PM »
Hey marty1953 , yeah i know the delaney clan now ( it was trying to link them to st ants that threw me ) they used to live in tullyard way beside arlene boyce and then moved to carnamena , one of the houses that linked carnamena to the football pitch which is now the robinson centre. Do you remember the st ants soccer team playing there on saturday mornings ? the goalposts and nets were left in marks alley.....some of the team i remember were Joe Dowds , Pat Copeland , Kevin Maguire and Billy McAdorey.
  Great memories Marcas , the dander to templemore swimmers was like a day out.....i remember the swimming coach was a man with steel gray hair in a beebop style called Bobby Currie i think.

It was Tommy Currie.  :)
I learned to swim at Templemore Ave.
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

olelad

« Reply #961 on: December 20, 2012, 10:26:23 PM »
Meeting up with Michael and Eugene Quigley at 7 In Robinsons on Thurs night. Bit short notice i know but couldnt be helped. So if anybody fancies a beer will see you there.

only seeing this now so 2 late for me. hope u all have agreat night

Ormo Man

« Reply #962 on: December 21, 2012, 02:29:23 AM »
Hi everyone. Not from this parish...my wife did and I see her brother Gabriel McGuigan mentioned.
I am trying to find an old mate Eddie Murray. The Murrays lived on the Woodstock and he had a heap of sisters and a brother Dermot.. Anyone remember them or know their whereabouts.
Happy Christmas everyone.

olelad

« Reply #963 on: December 21, 2012, 11:16:04 AM »
Hi everyone. Not from this parish...my wife did and I see her brother Gabriel McGuigan mentioned.
I am trying to find an old mate Eddie Murray. The Murrays lived on the Woodstock and he had a heap of sisters and a brother Dermot.. Anyone remember them or know their whereabouts.

were on the woodstock did the murrays live m8 ? there was murrays i think who lived around ravenhill ave !?  as for gabriel mcguigan ravenhill ave ? good chance we may have been in the same class at st anthonys . a list of the class is here on the thread.
happy xmas and new year everyone

Ormo Man

« Reply #964 on: December 21, 2012, 11:39:42 PM »
Thanks Olelad. Unfortunately I have been corrected (again  ;) ) by my wife. My mate Eddie Murray lived on the Castlereagh Road and not the Woodstock.
However I was right about my wifes brother Gabriel being in your class :)

olelad

« Reply #965 on: December 22, 2012, 09:49:09 PM »
Thanks Olelad. Unfortunately I have been corrected (again  ;) ) by my wife. My mate Eddie Murray lived on the Castlereagh Road and not the Woodstock.
However I was right about my wifes brother Gabriel being in your class :)

i remember the name murray been mentioned at the reunion. that murray lived in castlereagh st  ?

as for gabriel, wots hes at these days ? maybe you could show him this thread and maybe put afew names onto the class reg ? which were alway trying to update.

Ormo Man

« Reply #966 on: December 22, 2012, 11:27:50 PM »

i remember the name murray been mentioned at the reunion. that murray lived in castlereagh st  ?

as for gabriel, wots hes at these days ? maybe you could show him this thread and maybe put afew names onto the class reg ? which were alway trying to update.
I wonder would Eddie be the same person? If you get any further details ....let me know.
I am living in New Zealand now so only see Gabriel from time to time on returns. He is living in England now but will mention the thread to him..

olelad

« Reply #967 on: December 25, 2012, 11:30:32 PM »
I wonder would Eddie be the same person? If you get any further details ....let me know.
I am living in New Zealand now so only see Gabriel from time to time on returns. He is living in England now but will mention the thread to him..

ill try and get more info for you m8. the mcguigans if memory serves me right lived on the right hand side of ravenhill ave coming of the woodstock onto it ?  not sure if he went to gusties or not ? were did they move to from ravenhill ave ?

Ormo Man

« Reply #968 on: December 26, 2012, 02:40:31 AM »

ill try and get more info for you m8. the mcguigans if memory serves me right lived on the right hand side of ravenhill ave coming of the woodstock onto it ?  not sure if he went to gusties or not ? were did they move to from ravenhill ave ?
Dead right re Ravenhill....and yes he went to Augustines. They moved to Newtownards (Ards) before England.

olelad

« Reply #969 on: December 26, 2012, 08:50:31 PM »
Dead right re Ravenhill....and yes he went to Augustines. They moved to Newtownards (Ards) before England.

cheers m8. be interested in how many names hell remember from the old class and maybe add one or 2 to it. think were near or there abouts. funny thing is i cant remember gaberial meself. yet im bound to have known him. i only lived around the corner on the woodstock. knew the mccrorrys who lived across the street well plus colm coleman. there was also oreilly and murrays in our class from there. your wife may remember them ?

olelad

« Reply #970 on: December 26, 2012, 08:59:33 PM »
Might have few more names re St Anthony's boys 1969:

Michael O'Neil
Danny Burns
Brian Grant

can also confirm Gabe McGuigan was in the class!

just confirming gabe was in the class of 69

olelad

« Reply #971 on: December 26, 2012, 09:22:36 PM »

ive just realised ive got oneil mixed up with murray. sorry about that ormo man. its a micky oneil who lived in castlereagh st.  what age would eddie murray be ?

olelad

« Reply #972 on: December 28, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »
marty heres a family you might remember from cragagh estate the woods. willie, tommy, john plus afew younger ones. think willie would be around your age.

marty1953

« Reply #973 on: December 28, 2012, 05:36:14 PM »
Hi olelad,can't recall the woods family from the cregagh est,remember paul woods but he lived in caramena ave,anyone go or hear about the get to gather  in robinsons 

road hog

« Reply #974 on: December 28, 2012, 05:54:02 PM »
olelad, happy new year to ya. Do you remember a teacher at gussies, name of Donnelly, he taught English and sociality
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy