Author Topic: st anthonys parish east belfast  (Read 241017 times)

weirdo

Re: st anthonys parish east belfast
« Reply #1035 on: April 26, 2013, 10:17:19 PM »
Hi Olelad what about you mucker, posting on this site for the first time. Joe Kelly the youngest of the Kellys who lived at 389 Woodstock Road Micheal,Marie(RIP),Julia,Tom(RIP) in the 50s>70s  Our Granny lived number 5 Willowfield Drive (popes row). Callinans. hope someone remembers us have lots of photos from those days will post.

olelad

« Reply #1036 on: April 27, 2013, 11:48:52 AM »
Hi Olelad what about you mucker, posting on this site for the first time. Joe Kelly the youngest of the Kellys who lived at 389 Woodstock Road Micheal,Marie(RIP),Julia,Tom(RIP) in the 50s>70s  Our Granny lived number 5 Willowfield Drive (popes row). Callinans. hope someone remembers us have lots of photos from those days will post.

good 2 hear from u mucker. hopefully the bell will get back posting again. get the old gang together once again  :D

olelad

« Reply #1037 on: April 27, 2013, 11:50:10 AM »
marty olelad, just to clarify a point, it was mundies and strongbow mixed ;)

mundies was a old fav thats for sure back in the day. do they still make the stuff ?

bjay

« Reply #1038 on: April 27, 2013, 06:54:27 PM »
Weirdo,  did the Taylors live near you on the Woodstock?  Remember Michael,Billy,Chris,Mark.  Their dad had a furniture shop on the Ormeau Road.  Heard they went to Bangor.

olelad

« Reply #1039 on: April 27, 2013, 08:30:50 PM »
Weirdo,  did the Taylors live near you on the Woodstock?  Remember Michael,Billy,Chris,Mark.  Their dad had a furniture shop on the Ormeau Road.  Heard they went to Bangor.

they went to bangor but god knows were after that ?! mark was ayear older than me but never really knew him that well. think there was at least one sister ?

weirdo

« Reply #1040 on: April 28, 2013, 07:44:12 PM »

Yes mate the taylors lived next door and the walls family lived the other side of us.dont remember them to well but my older brother does,they moved out overnight 1970/71 and we had to go in 1972. do remember them moving furniture around in the house all the time we never got to sleep lol.

bjay

« Reply #1041 on: April 28, 2013, 08:24:14 PM »
Weirdo,  1972?
That was good going.  Most never made it past August '71.  i remember the  Gusties school roll call in September '71- as the teacher called out a name the class would shout out in response   " Twinbrook , Flying Horse, Killough , Model Farm "  etc .  it seemed like half the school moved over the summer.

road hog

« Reply #1042 on: April 28, 2013, 08:29:49 PM »

mundies was a old fav thats for sure back in the day. do they still make the stuff ?
Dont know m8, I havent seen it in years
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

olelad

« Reply #1043 on: April 28, 2013, 08:36:31 PM »
Weirdo,  1972?
That was good going.  Most never made it past August '71.  i remember the  Gusties school roll call in September '71- as the teacher called out a name the class would shout out in response   " Twinbrook , Flying Horse, Killough , Model Farm "  etc .  it seemed like half the school moved over the summer.

around our end of the parish  july 72 was the end of the road. as you say many had been put out b4 that.

marty1953

« Reply #1044 on: April 29, 2013, 01:31:26 PM »
bj, my brother in law who lived in glendower st knocked about with billy braden,he said if you see him,ask him about the time he got caught drinking the communion wine,vinty mulhall found a button beloning too billy :)

bjay

« Reply #1045 on: April 29, 2013, 08:17:15 PM »
Marty,  last met Gerard Braiden 10 years ago at a funeral.  Regrettably lost contact since.
Talking of drink, as you do,  we used to buy scrumpy in a wee off license down London Street/Road for 10p in new money,  in the days before decimalisation it was less than 2 shillings.

Homemaker mum

« Reply #1046 on: May 01, 2013, 02:46:31 AM »
Hi I remember the Mc manus shop on the corner of Wilowfield Drive. I went about with Roseleen Mc manus?? Also Sister Bernadeena :-( still get nightmares she was awful awful!! I lived in Omeath Street.  :P Left Belfast in 1971

weirdo

« Reply #1047 on: May 01, 2013, 10:53:30 PM »
Hi homemaker mum, remember the mcmanus shop well at the corner of willowfeild parade. was walking to school one morning and all their windows where spread with gun fire that would have been early 1972 we left soon after before we were next. do you have idea where they went. did you know by sisters maria and Julia Kelly ? told about the hard time Bernadene gave them

olelad

« Reply #1048 on: May 03, 2013, 03:52:09 PM »
Hi I remember the Mc manus shop on the corner of Wilowfield Drive. I went about with Roseleen Mc manus?? Also Sister Bernadeena :-( still get nightmares she was awful awful!! I lived in Omeath Street.  :P Left Belfast in 1971

wasnt frankie hawkins from omeath st ? whatever became of him ?  hardly knew him that well as he was afew years older than me.

bjay

« Reply #1049 on: May 04, 2013, 05:55:03 PM »
Anyone remember Meli's chippy on Roseberry Road?  Amongst the very best chips available anywhere on the planet !  I seem to recall a Meli's in Cromac Square also.